Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #1219
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Respectfully disagree with Waynem re no hair dryers. I have recovered flooded digital cameras using a hair dryer and a shoe box. Cut a hole in the end, insert dryer nozzle, put phone in box, leaving lid off. Run hair dryer at lowest setting, make sure pHone doesn't get too hot to touch. If it works, it works. Kind of like administering CPR.
Edit: if the water was salt, or even brackish, it's new phone time. Salt water conducts electricity so the internal circuit boards will be shorted out.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #1220

Tiffin Owners Club
HI
Here we sit in Wilcox Az with no gennie. We were in El Paso from monday until friday and they still didn't have it fixed. Being on the road I don't know where to go. Any ideas? I'm leaving here going to LA Ca.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #1221

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY
HI
Here we sit in Wilcox Az with no gennie. We were in El Paso from monday until friday and they still didn't have it fixed. Being on the road I don't know where to go. Any ideas? I'm leaving here going to LA Ca.
Sorry to hear this. See you're offline now. Checked for other threads you my have posted but didn't find any.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #1222

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning fellow mutants. I was doing that ponder thing again. I may be overly focused on letting the journey be the destination but perhaps not. I have found so many similar writings and quotes on our concept I have concluded it's probably a natural instinct. We just let our busy lives and rushing here and there override what comes naturally. The quote for Saturday morning ponder:

"Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. "
Robert J. Hastings

Safe travels to all RVMs on the road toady. Especially you TEFFY - let us know how the generator issue turns out.

Special note to Barb - be careful with that kayak!
RVM2
Old 06-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #1223
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
HI
Hey Bob,

I would go into a local diner, the kind where the local guys hang out and drink coffee. Ask some of them for suggestions. I would think a small engine repair shop might work on gens. As a last resort I would go to an RV place, but a Mom and Pop type, NOT Camping World. The big chain places just have big prices. Also, avoid the mobile repair guys, they charge premium prices too.

I can't imagine being in Arizona with no A/C. Stay cool!
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #1224
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
What's the view from your RV window?

Ok, so I wanna brag a bit, and hopefully many of you other mutants can, too.

Outside my window I see Oregon, but I'm in Washington. I also watch boats and ships (when do you call a watercraft a ship?) some HUGE cargo ships - one that says Honda, jet skis, kayaks, tug boats, barges, tankers and even a paddlewheel riverboat. Then there's about 150' of grass between us and the Columbia River and and 4 tall pine trees off to the side that provide us with shade.

If your rig's view is the storage lot, I'm sorry. but if you are someplace interesting join me in crowing about it.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #1225
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Outside my window I see Oregon, but I'm in Washington. I also watch boats and ships (when do you call a watercraft a ship?) some HUGE cargo ships - one that says Honda, jet skis, kayaks, tug boats, barges, tankers and even a paddlewheel riverboat. Then there's about 150' of grass between us and the Columbia River and and 4 tall pine trees off to the side that provide us with shade.

If your rig's view is the storage lot, I'm sorry. but if you are someplace interesting join me in crowing about it.
Well, the view from the RV window is a nice wooded campsite but the view from the SUV windshield right now is across sand dunes to the Pacific Ocean. 4 hours a day 4 days a week monitoring snowy plover nesting sites pays for the campsite and utilities. Volunteering is definitely the lifestyle for these mutants anyway.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #1226
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:

What campground are you at again Barb?
Old 06-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #1227

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ok Barb - get that phone dried out - or otherwise find a way to get us a pic. Sounds awesome. And yes, envious.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1228
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
What campground are you at again Barb?
I have an aversion to campgrounds, mainly because I'm cheap, but also because of Lily who must bark at every voice and body she hears and sees. I have cultivated a network of friend's and family in different parts of the country and stay on private property or boondock all but 5-10 days each year.

This is a friend's 7 acre slice of heaven on earth near Longview, WA. Right on the Columbia River. Lily and Sena can roam free here and I have an asphalted spot with electric. I fill my water tank when I get here and it lasts 3-4 weeks because I use the shower in the pool house. They also have the dock and harbor where I drowned my cell phone.

Oh yeah, they have a monkey, too. If the weather here didn't turn to gloom and doom in October and stay that way until June, I'd stay permanently. So, in the fall I head to another monkey friend's place near Tampa and stay there for the winter.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #1229
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Thanks. It sounded nice. I was curious as I've come through the Columbia Gorge on I-83 quite a few times.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #1230
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I have an aversion to campgrounds, mainly because I'm cheap, but also because of Lily who must bark at every voice and body she hears and sees. I have cultivated a network of friend's and family in different parts of the country and stay on private property or boondock all but 5-10 days each year.

This is a friend's 7 acre slice of heaven on earth near Longview, WA. Right on the Columbia River. Lily and Sena can roam free here and I have an asphalted spot with electric. I fill my water tank when I get here and it lasts 3-4 weeks because I use the shower in the pool house. They also have the dock and harbor where I drowned my cell phone.

Oh yeah, they have a monkey, too. If the weather here didn't turn to gloom and doom in October and stay that way until June, I'd stay permanently. So, in the fall I head to another monkey friend's place near Tampa and stay there for the winter.

That sounds like a lot of monkeying around!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #1231
RVM1

Steve, RVM2 said:

"Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. "
Robert J. Hastings

I will pile on a bit

“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”
― Ernest Hemingway

“The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what's in between, and they took great pleasure in doing just that.”
― Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

We will start back to PA tomorrow, RVMs. And in true RVM fashion. It will be a slow wander, without specific goals other than the journey.
Well, one goal: spoil grandson, and that, to extreme.
I will be lurking from time to time.

Dave and Nola
RVM1

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #1232
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Happy Fathers Day to all my fellow RVM Dads.

May your day be filled with leisure and love of family.

And, may all your cards be filled with cash of course!

RVM12

« College Football | - »