Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #12657

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Oh g'lord!! Ya gotta say that one out loud, slowly. Unless you already know it. ROFL!
Lol sue... It us memorized..... I can say faster than peter piper....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #12658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
M-m-my baaad! Please note: there will be a Grande Opening ... but I'd better let someone else (ahem, Dave?) either explain or direct you to pertinent posts. Ooooh, the Grande Poobah won't be speakin' to me at the GC, 'cuz I done bad. Dunce cap time!
Well, you STMs, I cannot find the posts about my infamous Kimono. So I cannot quote verbatim.

Summary: at the GC I will reveal great and grand marvels and deep secrets of RVMdom from within my Kimono.

Be there, or be unmarveled...or something like that. I promise it will be way cool and even maybe remarkable.

No harm, Sue.
Please send check.
Or bacon.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #12659

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Deer hunting, of course! The Arkie deer will be so busy laughing at you that they'll forget to run.
Oh i like that idea. Any of them in blaze orange?
Old 03-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #12660

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Maybe hog hunting! May not be such a good idea in the Arkansas hills. Tim if we come in from Fort Smith down 71 to 270 to Shady Grove Road, how is that route. That's the way Apple maps is directing me. I think you said one time not to come in from the north. We will come through the Ouachita National Forest on the 270 route. Don't even know how to pronounce Ouachita.
Pronounced "wash a tah" Indian word.....
Old 03-14-2014, 09:30 PM   #12661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Thanks, I wasn't even close. It's almost like Wichita, which is also a Indian word. Funny thing, In Kansas we pronounce the river, OurKansas river. Once it leaves Kansas its pretty much the Arkansas river.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #12662

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE View Post
Thanks, I wasn't even close. It's almost like Wichita, which is also a Indian word. Funny thing, In Kansas we pronounce the river, OurKansas river. Once it leaves Kansas its pretty much the Arkansas river.

You are really gonna start that fight now? Really? Everyone ...run.... duck for cover!
KSCrude just opened the can of worms that's always simmering between Ark in saw folks and Kansans....

Better bring big ol Leroy Brown with you to the campground....
Old 03-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #12663
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow! Just skimmed through 20 some pages of ramblings and I must say I don't have any humorous comments to make to Herb.

I fond where I registered for the Texas Parks but I cannot find the confirmation on this laptop. Must have pigeon holed it in a folder on the desktop computer at home. I'll call tomorrow and make sure I have South Sulphur as the area an also make sure I have a reservations.

Don, Send me you full name in an email so i can give you permission tomorrow. I'll send one to the RVM email so you can reply to me.

Whew! Caught up. Now ya'll slow down while I lavish in tomorrows 76 degrees weather. Looks like another day of air conditioning.

Welcome Homeless.

Welcome Jne from another Texas Boomer.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #12664

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ

You are really gonna start that fight now? Really? Everyone ...run.... duck for cover!
KSCrude just opened the can of worms that's always simmering between Ark in saw folks and Kansans....
R Kans As*
R Kan Not
S R Kan

R K Saw
R can not
S R Kan

Both are beautiful!
S M R
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #12665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wood carvers pronounce it "wha-shee-tah".

We sharpen our carving tools with wachita oil stones. And we wood carvers are waaay to nifty to be incorrect.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #12666

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post

Better bring big ol Leroy Brown with you to the campground....
Ha Don's bringing steaks with bacon, he can have the darn river!

It's those 25 Texans that worry me! lol
Old 03-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #12667

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wood carvers pronounce it "wha-shee-tah".

We sharpen our carving tools with wachita oil stones. And we wood carvers are waaay to nifty to be incorrect.
Ok, now that explains why you have a speciality stick whittled just for the purpose of adding water to your black tank. You have the tools and the talent to do such high level refinements. Dave, you are truly one of a kind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:43 PM   #12668

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

Tim, from Great Bend west through Dodge and Garden Cities, the OurKansas River is nothin but a desert to the Colorado border and beyond. But the Jeepers and four wheelers love it. Great place to go Jeeping for hundreds of miles. And the riverbed is all owned by the government as it is considered a navigable river and no land owner can keep you out. It was never dry when I was a kid. It was a great place to set bank lines for catfish and have keg parties, which is kind of like one of the same.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #12669

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

Been meaning to mention these two GC @ CL dining related items....

Item 1
Barb pointed out that Don and Colleens Kansas Goodness Bacon Wrapped Filets were special enough to deserve their own evening of dining Entrée Focus, and not be coupled with the Wild Game / Grilling Extravaganza night Sunday 4/27/14.

Item 2
Wagon Master Herb - is getting his space for free - and has cash to contribute to the group. He and I talked about using that to fund our Fish Fry Monday 4/28.

So here's the rub....
Opening Night Thur 4/24 - Friday Night 4/25 and Closing Night 4/29 are the only evenings w/o a group dinner planned. And - folks want to partake of local dining establishments. Of course lunches are open - and we could eliminate the Fish Fry - or the Sunday Night Wild Game and Grill night.

To discuss your feelings on converting Friday from open dinner to - delicious Steak night - and the use of $ for Fish Fry dinner night --etc., I ask that you use the RVM2RVM Yahoo Group email rather than hog space here. If you don't know how to get there PM Barb - Okmunky for details.

Barb - if you want to kick off the discussion over there - wink wink.... Feel free. Also note - I know I can get my smoker 350 + degrees and probably fit 50 foil wrapped spuds in there at one time - and keep em warm or use the big grills on the patio to heat em up. Just another thought for discussion.

Why do I always end up hungry when I'm on this thread?
Old 03-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #12670

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCRUDE
Tim, from Great Bend west through Dodge and Garden Cities, the OurKansas River is nothin but a desert to the Colorado border and beyond. But the Jeepers and four wheelers love it. Great place to go Jeeping for hundreds of miles. And the riverbed is all owned by the government as it is considered a navigable river and no land owner can keep you out. It was never dry when I was a kid. It was a great place to set bank lines for catfish and have keg parties, which is kind of like one of the same.
So Catfish and Kegs have given way to Reds - I looked and while my closet is nearing bear - I did pull out ---
1 bottle 2002 Beringer Private Reserve Cab
2 bottles 2004 Luigi Bosca Gala 2 blends
1 bottle 2004 Kathryn Kennedy Lateral blend
A few surprises.

Found some others in the back of the closet that apparently (by latest review) didn't pay off or are past their prime. Will bring them along for the heck of it.... and do a little shopping...

Sure am looking forward to this and Public TV Is again earning it's keep - Brit Floyd Live at Red Rocks - if ya didn't know better you'd swear it was PINK... On 95% of music and 90% of vocals they are spot on... Off the charts for a Friday Night / Saturday morning. Comfortably numb....