Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #1261

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

You could use the title bar as above to notify the RVMS of location and assistance needed.
It is a big thread. How to search for a title bar?
Not many follow it every day, ya know?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #1262

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sometimes you want to go where everybody know your name. And they're always glad you came...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #1263

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti
“All the pathos and irony of leaving one’s youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.” – Paul Fussell

Onward!
Ah yes! The irony of youth - wasted on the young - recaptured by mutants in travel and every new journey. Deep pondering timarti - and a solid reminder of why we wander. The same sun rises differently each morning as we journey. The morning coffee tastes different somehow with every new layover along the way. With all the changes we encounter, we can count on the smell of bacon sizzling in the pan.
RVM2
Old 06-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #1264

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Why are peaches fuzzy?

With Sena's help, I just figured it out. Peaches have fuzzy skins so that monkeys can eat them.*

Sena and I were sharing a peach. If I handed her a piece that was peeled, she simply could not hold onto it. It was like the cartoon character with a bar of soap. Every time she picked it up, the peach slice shot out of her hands. An unpeeled piece she held with ease.*

So now you know, peach fuzz is for monkeys.*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #1265

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
With Sena's help, I just figured it out. Peaches have fuzzy skins so that monkeys can eat them.*

Sena and I were sharing a peach. If I handed her a piece that was peeled, she simply could not hold onto it. It was like the cartoon character with a bar of soap. Every time she picked it up, the peach slice shot out of her hands. An unpeeled piece she held with ease.*

So now you know, peach fuzz is for monkeys.*
Hi Ho kayaker and mutant mascot. Barb you need a video camera. I don't know if they film new episodes or not - but you have Americas Funniest Home Videos as a daily experience. Either of the posts on kayak exiting or monkey eating peach are pure money.

Hope all is well!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #1266

Teach her to stick a smork in it.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #1267

Man-o-man, I can't keep up with y'all! Turn my back for a second and you've got the bit between yer teeth, runnin' off like you'd got hit with the philosopher's stone or some such.

Gotta tell ya, I thought the Everglades was an adventurous place to kayak, but I see okmunky has found a yet more dangerous place. Who knew?

We were told never to go out alone, and now I know why: you might need someone around to point and laugh and tell all your friends how silly you looked. Wish I could have helped out there!

No kidding...that was probably one of those times when you're so busy trying to figure out what to do next, that it doesn't occur to you to be scared until it's all over. That green scummy stuff is one of my greatest fears at concrete boat ramps. I don't bounce so good any more!

Daddy always told me when I fell off the horse I had to get right back on. Keep on kayakin', my friend!

Cheers
RVM36 Sue
Old 06-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #1268

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave,

Here's a link to the mutant RVers side trip guide.

Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions

I bet you can find some distractions that your grandson will find, uh... What's the current word for "cool"?

Have a safe and mutant journey.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #1269

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Maybe we can figure a way to start a blog that everyone can post to? I'm not a blogging expert, but it looks like WordPress could do it.
Take care please, for there are some programs that iPad users can not access. Due to our mascot's propensity for popping keys off keyboards, the iPad is my only means of joining in mutant wordiness.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #1270

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
Man-o-man, I can't keep up with y'all! Turn my back for a second and you've got the bit between yer teeth, runnin' off like you'd got hit with the philosopher's stone or some such.......
Cheers
RVM36 Sue
Sue - ya hit the ponder nail on the head. A little philosophers stone for you.

RVM2
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #1271

Just curious. How many of us are on Facebook? We can create a closed group over there that even the Ipad users can use.

Also if you are interested, I have a friend that is giving away a free Mp3. He's 17 and a darned good song writer and musician. He sounds a bit like a cross between Brad Paisley and John Mayer. Please listen to his Original Song "Skyscrapers" if you like it, download it for free. And if you would like and share his page.

https://www.facebook.com/brentmbradl...app_2405167945
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #1272

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

Take care please, for there are some programs that iPad users can not access. Due to our mascot's propensity for popping keys off keyboards, the iPad is my only means of joining in mutant wordiness.
Barb - we won't go anywhere - we'll be right here. Or maybe another thread if we need one. But for me - this one is enough to keep up with....
Old 06-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #1273

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub
Just curious. How many of us are on Facebook? We can create a closed group over there that even the Ipad users can use.

Also if you are interested, I have a friend that is giving away a free Mp3. He's 17 and a darned good song writer and musician. He sounds a bit like a cross between Brad Paisley and John Mayer. Please listen to his Original Song "Skyscrapers" if you like it, download it for free. And if you would like and share his page.

https://www.facebook.com/brentmbradl...app_2405167945
I do not do FB - but can log in if I have to.... Lol. I don't like having to mess with all the emails to go see what someone could have told me in an email. But that's just me. Maybe when I retire.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #1274

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hi Ho kayaker and mutant mascot. Barb you need a video camera. I don't know if they film new episodes or not - but you have Americas Funniest Home Videos as a daily experience. Either of the posts on kayak exiting or monkey eating peach are pure money.

Hope all is well!
I've already killed a cellphone this week, now you are suggesting that I add my video camera to the trashed electronics heap???? I need a videographer. Any volunteers? I pay in fresh juicy ripe peaches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

« Trivia | - »