Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #12769
Senior Member
 
Possum's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cherry Creek, BC Canada
Posts: 7,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Was trying to find some of those Natural State areas. Behind the cloud in the picture was beutiful Lake Winona. Did run across about 15 turkeys and total of 6 deer.
And they're hanging where, to be the feature dish on the wild game night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Haven't y'all heard that March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb? This is just some Arkie lion roaring. Two weeks from now there will be leaves on the trees and snow will be forgotten.
I was weeding the garden for a bit this morning and couldn't believe all the spring time flowers we already have blooming up here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG058.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	573.3 KB
ID:	58429  
__________________

__________________
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #12770
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Haven't y'all heard that March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb? This is just some Arkie lion roaring. Two weeks from now there will be leaves on the trees and snow will be forgotten.
Hi Barb !!!

I hope so cause you can rest assured that Michigan will be in an icy grip of despair.
We want clear, cloudless blue skies, do you'd Arkie sun dance.

Cheers !!!!
__________________

__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #12771
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Barb !!!

I hope so cause you can rest assured that Michigan will be in an icy grip of despair.
We want clear, cloudless blue skies, do you'd Arkie sun dance.

Cheers !!!!
Just a ponder,
Speaking of dancing, what kind of dancing might we expect to see at our Maudi Graus GC. Two-step, ball room, line dance, free style or my favorite break dancing!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #12772
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Just a ponder,
Speaking of dancing, what kind of dancing might we expect to see at our Maudi Graus GC. Two-step, ball room, line dance, free style or my favorite break dancing!
Whatever dances ya dance - when ya dance to the blues. I know the guys do play music you can dance to - cause I have seen it many times. I will probably see the guy this week and will let him know a guy named Tim is a big dancer and wants to be sure there are plenty of danceable beats and rhythms. Paul is really good and showcasing dancers. He will call ya out on the floor when they get to a really good tune.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:10 PM   #12773
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Whatever dances ya dance - when ya dance to the blues. I know the guys do play music you can dance to - cause I have seen it many times. I will probably see the guy this week and will let him know a guy named Tim is a big dancer and wants to be sure there are plenty of danceable beats and rhythms. Paul is really good and showcasing dancers. He will call ya out on the floor when they get to a really good tune.
Guess I better take my Naprosyn and get limbered up!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #12774
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just a ponder,
Speaking of dancing, what kind of dancing might we expect to see at our Maudi Graus GC. Two-step, ball room, line dance, free style or my favorite break dancing!
Hi Tim,

I am sure that is debatable, I hate to admit this and if Marcia knew I was posting this she would kick me in the shins, but I digress, once upon a time Marcia and I enrolled in dance class so we could dance at our children's weddings. Well sad to say we flunked the class. And this was a class we paid for. Now I am not saying we won't dance at the GC@CL and I cannot promise it will be as awkward as Elaine Benis from Seinfeld, but just know I have three left feet.

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #12775
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

Guess I better take my Naprosyn and get limbered up!
Tim - in Dallas my friends band was able to attract some of the local push dancers - which is a variation on WCS or West Cost Swing. They also play slower 3 / 4 and probably a 2 step or two.

This is what push is about.
"If we move further east to Texas, we encounter the "Dallas push" and the "Houston whip". Terry Rippa of the Dallas Push club describes the Push as a dance which uses lots of turns and spins. "It is a smooth provocative dance," he says, most often done to rhythm and blues music. Barry Durand, a country western swing dancer, explained that the Dallas Push and the Houston Whip have a double rock step on the end of the slot, rather than the syncopations common to west coast swing. Terry noted that the Push is a barroom dance, not a ballroom dance. Most Push dancing in Dallas is done out at nightclubs, rather than in private dance halls. Mario Robau of the Houston Whip Club is a leading exponent of the Whip, a slotted variant where the woman does a circular body undulation at the end of the slot. Both the Whip and the Push are done to medium tempo rhythm and blues music, much the same as the Carolina Shag. "

So there's the low down on the dance that my friends music stirs.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 PM   #12776
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Tim - in Dallas my friends band was able to attract some of the local push dancers - which is a variation on WCS or West Cost Swing. They also play slower 3 / 4 and probably a 2 step or two.

This is what push is about.
"If we move further east to Texas, we encounter the "Dallas push" and the "Houston whip". Terry Rippa of the Dallas Push club describes the Push as a dance which uses lots of turns and spins. "It is a smooth provocative dance," he says, most often done to rhythm and blues music. Barry Durand, a country western swing dancer, explained that the Dallas Push and the Houston Whip have a double rock step on the end of the slot, rather than the syncopations common to west coast swing. Terry noted that the Push is a barroom dance, not a ballroom dance. Most Push dancing in Dallas is done out at nightclubs, rather than in private dance halls. Mario Robau of the Houston Whip Club is a leading exponent of the Whip, a slotted variant where the woman does a circular body undulation at the end of the slot. Both the Whip and the Push are done to medium tempo rhythm and blues music, much the same as the Carolina Shag. "

So there's the low down on the dance that my friends music stirs.
Ummmm Steve ..... can you say that again in English ? You lost me at Dallas Push ..... just saying ......
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:37 PM   #12777
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tim - in Dallas my friends band was able to attract some of the local push dancers - which is a variation on WCS or West Cost Swing. They also play slower 3 / 4 and probably a 2 step or two.

This is what push is about.
"If we move further east to Texas, we encounter the "Dallas push" and the "Houston whip". Terry Rippa of the Dallas Push club describes the Push as a dance which uses lots of turns and spins. "It is a smooth provocative dance," he says, most often done to rhythm and blues music. Barry Durand, a country western swing dancer, explained that the Dallas Push and the Houston Whip have a double rock step on the end of the slot, rather than the syncopations common to west coast swing. Terry noted that the Push is a barroom dance, not a ballroom dance. Most Push dancing in Dallas is done out at nightclubs, rather than in private dance halls. Mario Robau of the Houston Whip Club is a leading exponent of the Whip, a slotted variant where the woman does a circular body undulation at the end of the slot. Both the Whip and the Push are done to medium tempo rhythm and blues music, much the same as the Carolina Shag. "

So there's the low down on the dance that my friends music stirs.
Think they know Funky Cold Medena?


Regardless of the music I feel this is going to be one Grande Event. Should have good weather and looking forward to meeting everyone!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #12778
Senior Member
 
huntnski's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,447
Jeff I agree, after reading that explanation I think I'll dance the old Arkie swing and swing my rear into bed!
__________________
Tim & Mary Discovery 40X. Chevy Tahoe. RVM32
"I've been lost now, days uncounted..."GFR"
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #12779
Senior Member
 
flaggship1's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rainbow Riding
Posts: 16,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Jeff I agree, after reading that explanation I think I'll dance the old Arkie swing and swing my rear into bed!
Say la vee say the old folks, it goes to show ya never can tell.

I know they play that Chick Berry Classic.
__________________
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:50 PM   #12780
Senior Member
 
PTJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Say la vee say the old folks, it goes to show ya never can tell.

I know they play that Chick Berry Classic.
Hmmmm I think I'll bring some extra Canadian Whiskey .... just to lubricate my joints .....

Cheers !!!
__________________
Jeff & Marcia .... RVM 39
2000 Beaver Patriot 425 Thunder 40'
2008 Jeep Wrangler X
PTJeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:11 AM   #12781
Senior Member
 
TEFFY's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Near BEAUMONT, TX.
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tim - in Dallas my friends band was able to attract some of the local push dancers - which is a variation on WCS or West Cost Swing. They also play slower 3 / 4 and probably a 2 step or two.

This is what push is about.
"If we move further east to Texas, we encounter the "Dallas push" and the "Houston whip". Terry Rippa of the Dallas Push club describes the Push as a dance which uses lots of turns and spins. "It is a smooth provocative dance," he says, most often done to rhythm and blues music. Barry Durand, a country western swing dancer, explained that the Dallas Push and the Houston Whip have a double rock step on the end of the slot, rather than the syncopations common to west coast swing. Terry noted that the Push is a barroom dance, not a ballroom dance. Most Push dancing in Dallas is done out at nightclubs, rather than in private dance halls. Mario Robau of the Houston Whip Club is a leading exponent of the Whip, a slotted variant where the woman does a circular body undulation at the end of the slot. Both the Whip and the Push are done to medium tempo rhythm and blues music, much the same as the Carolina Shag. "

So there's the low down on the dance that my friends music stirs.

Am I supposed to have understood this???


.
__________________
Bob (RVM 27), Teffy, Kitty Kitty, - Full timeing during the summer
"Roughing It Smoothly" in a 1994 34' Allegro Bay DP
All of 190 horses but 11 MPG. 0 TO 60 in 62 sec.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 AM   #12782
RVM 18
 
okmunky's Avatar


 
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fulltimer, SD resident
Posts: 5,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Am I supposed to have understood this???.
I just hope it isn't on the test.
__________________

__________________
Barb (RVM18), Sena (capuchin monkey, RVM Head Mascot) & Lily (Maltese/Yorkie)
2011 Shasta Cynara 230F & 2012 Smart Car toad, 272 watt solar system
The Journey is Our Destination. Full-timing since 5/18/2011 and loving it.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.