Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #12909

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
TINA!!!

Those are NOT the photos I like to see you post. I can't puzzle anything that cold looking, BRRRR! My suggestion -- find a new back yard for 9 months each year and leave that to the polar bears.
Barb, unfortuately the laws of your land say we can only visit the coconut groves down south for a maximum of about 185 days a year and there ain't no palm trees growing anywhere in Canada to park the RV under, despite what Possum might hint, lol), although for Canada he lives in what passes as the banana belt, BC. It actually is quite beautiful here, just a bit tedious after 4 or 5 months. And the summers are spectacular (once blackfly season is over) Yesterday I watched a big beaver sitting on some ice in the river from my kitchen window. Moose sometimes nap in our yard, at night when I take the dogs out I can hear the coywolf packs howling to eachother under the northern lights. I really do love it here. Wild horses could not drag me back to the city. And at least I don't live in Winnipeg! Those people are seriously deranged, cold has frozen their brain cells.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #12910

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Do hope ya can get that Rockwood outa there soon!
My kids say this is the worst winter they can remember. Well....I remember much worse! You? Like when we walked to school, and it was 5 miles, with 3 feet of snow, 30 below, and up hill....BOTH WAYS
This winter is actually like I remember the winters of my youth! Back then we would be outside all day, just coming in to change sodden mittens.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #12911

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
This winter is actually like I remember the winters of my youth! Back then we would be outside all day, just coming in to change sodden mittens.
The mittens that our grandmothers made? That got white dingle snowballs all over them? That were better than the stuff they make today?

Ya. :-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:53 PM   #12912

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnebowman

Congratulations on having a soldier, medic AND a Boy Scout among your grandchildren. SOMEBODY musta done somethin' right!
X2 ---- Mutant hat tip to the lot a ya. :thumb;
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #12913

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Today has been a wonderful day for watching nature on the Columbia River. I saw my first ever wild bald eagle trying to catch smelt, then I saw otters feeding on the same. And there is a pair of wild geese that return here every Spring to nest. I'll be on my way to the GC before there are goslings, but it's fun to watch the parents feed and listen to them honk at the big ships that pass by. I wonder if they are admiring or fussing? Anyone here speak Goose and can translate?
"Honk" - I'm Hungry
"Honk" - I gotta poop
"Honk" - I just Pooped
"Honk" - I'm hungry (repeat)
Quote:
Marty, you vastly overestimate my technical skill. I'll look at some apps for recording audio on my iPad, but I'll be honest, I'm not sure my poor tired, old brain can manage to figure this out.
You do realize one really has nothing to do with the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Barb, unfortuately the laws of your land say we can only visit the coconut groves down south for a maximum of about 185 days a year and there ain't no palm trees growing anywhere in Canada to park the RV under, despite what Possum might hint, lol), although for Canada he lives in what passes as the banana belt, BC.
Actually you are almost wrong there. We do have palm trees outdoors on Vancouver Island. I will take pictures of some tomorrow and post, that is if I remember.
Quote:
It actually is quite beautiful here, just a bit tedious after 4 or 5 months. And the summers are spectacular (once blackfly season is over) Yesterday I watched a big beaver sitting on some ice in the river from my kitchen window. Moose sometimes nap in our yard, at night when I take the dogs out I can hear the coywolf packs howling to each other under the northern lights. I really do love it here. Wild horses could not drag me back to the city. And at least I don't live in Winnipeg! Those people are seriously deranged, cold has frozen their brain cells.
When I lived north west of you I was a great advocate of cross country skiing and skating on frozen lakes. I went back to the Soo (Sault Ste Marie) about 6 years ago to attend my brothers funeral and damn near froze to death and nobody else thought it was cold. I think I caught whatever it is that Wayne has as I wus out whenever it gets near cool.

Blackfly Season is only over when the Snow Fly season starts.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #12914

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
The mittens that our grandmothers made? That got white dingle snowballs all over them? That were better than the stuff they make today?

Ya. :-)
That would be them, and the brown buckle galoshes with the felt boots inside and snowsuits, aluminum flying saucers, and Leave It to Beaver and I Love Lucy on the black and white TV when we came inside to thaw out.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #12915

"Actually you are almost wrong there. We do have palm trees outdoors on Vancouver Island. I will take pictures of some tomorrow and post, that is if I remember."

So says Possum.

Hmmm, I have heard "rumours" about RVers spending the winter in BC. Only trouble is, I would have to haul over the mountains and I have no head for heights. Drove it once in my 20s and still can recall a road between the Southern Okanagan and Vancouver that I NEVER want to see again! There were places a parachute would have been handy.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #12916

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can't say who these fine folks are, where they were or when this picture was taken. I only known three things - 1) some just turned 40, some are clinging to 50 something, and some have met 60. 2) they are all RVMs and 3) the fat, bald guy is me. The other lovely folks were kind enough to join me for dinner, and one is my constant companion.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3850375192.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	534.4 KB
ID:	58693

RVM2
Old 03-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #12917

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good looking group!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:00 PM   #12918

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes, but where are the pics of dinner? Steve, you always tempt us with delicious looking delights!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #12919

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Yes, but where are the pics of dinner? Steve, you always tempt us with delicious looking delights!
You'll have to take my word for it... Food was delicious.... But too much talking - I just couldn't stop yammering. Those poor RVMs all came to dinner with two ears each - and I talked em right off. Plus my old iPhone camera doesn't have a flash and it was just dark enough...
Old 03-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #12920

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

You'll have to take my word for it... Food was delicious.... But too much talking - I just couldn't stop yammering. Those poor RVMs all came to dinner with two ears each - and I talked em right off. Plus my old iPhone camera doesn't have a flash and it was just dark enough...
Yeah but but other than identifying yourself ..... ummmm who is who ?

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 PM   #12921

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Yeah but but other than identifying yourself ..... ummmm who is who ?

Cheers !!!
Well Herb and Barb couldn't make it. Dwayne and Shara down in front - Jim (Cart) and DW Ginny47 on one side of me and Annie on the other. Lights out.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:27 PM   #12922

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I can't say who these fine folks are, where they were or when this picture was taken. I only known three things - 1) some just turned 40, some are clinging to 50 something, and some have met 60. 2) they are all RVMs and 3) the fat, bald guy is me. The other lovely folks were kind enough to join me for dinner, and one is my constant companion. RVM2
Dang we hated not being able to join you guys. As much as Barb and I luv Mexican Food she would definitely preferred that to the bowl of soup she was finally able to keep on her stomach tonite.