Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #13077

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wow y'all have been a chatty bunch today, Steve trust you got Bonita undercover again. Here is the lowdown on the pavilion. 120' x 60', restrooms, tables moveable, 25' buffet table. Plugins are ground fault double plugins, 3 along poles behind buffet and 1 on outside of restroom wall.

Looks like the orchestra could set up past the end of buffet table, there is a 20' plus area there and near one of the double plugs and if needed extension chords down to others if needed. We will have to use extension cords on anything plugged in on buf table.

Barb, they have advertising in the office at CL on zipping, the girl there said they were working on a road that actually connected with the Rv park. Sorry I didn't get any detales but I think it's a different site than the Ouchita Bend place.

Don't put us down for Cooper Lake, we can't make it!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #13078

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I did to tell you. We arrive on the 21st. Don't make me go back and find it.
Well, I know you told ME. LOL And you are correct, I show you the 21st.

I have all of the contact info for those going to Cooper Lake SP and will be there at least 4 days ahead of you all. I will keep you posted on any information I have on whether or not I can serve as a "first come - First serve" proxy. Ya never know what you know until you know it.

I'll do my best to keep us reasonably close together with emphasis on getting pull-throughs for the over-nighters.

8 of us! That is gonna be a big caravan! With the route we will use (courtesy of Tim) we shouldn't have any serious problems keeping together and reasonable gaps for traffic.

Since we all know our parking spots, perhaps we can also coordinate with the folks at CL to just go straight to our spots instead of jamming up the registration area if we remain a pack of 8. Tim, would you check that out after you get there?

Also, fair warning, my preferred cruise speed is 62 MPH (max is 65 mph because of toad) and that makes the time enroute at close to 4 hours. 4 hours can be a stretch for my dogs but not impossible. I don't see any problem if some folks want to go faster and maybe break it up to 2 groups. Also, same goes if some folks want to push on non-stop and others, like me, would rather plan a quick stop for pets and or just to stretch their legs.

BTW...I don't know if my CB works (I know it receives but never tried the transmitter out) but if we all have them, we can probably coordinate any thing we need to enroute.

It Vill all Vork out and VE VILL have a great time!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #13079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

Well, I know you told ME. LOL And you are correct, I show you the 21st.

I have all of the contact info for those going to Cooper Lake SP and will be there at least 4 days ahead of you all. I will keep you posted on any information I have on whether or not I can serve as a "first come - First serve" proxy. Ya never know what you know until you know it.

I'll do my best to keep us reasonably close together with emphasis on getting pull-throughs for the over-nighters.

8 of us! That is gonna be a big caravan! With the route we will use (courtesy of Tim) we shouldn't have any serious problems keeping together and reasonable gaps for traffic.

Since we all know our parking spots, perhaps we can also coordinate with the folks at CL to just go straight to our spots instead of jamming up the registration area if we remain a pack of 8. Tim, would you check that out after you get there?

Also, fair warning, my preferred cruise speed is 62 MPH (max is 65 mph because of toad) and that makes the time enroute at close to 4 hours. 4 hours can be a stretch for my dogs but not impossible. I don't see any problem if some folks want to go faster and maybe break it up to 2 groups. Also, same goes if some folks want to push on non-stop and others, like me, would rather plan a quick stop for pets and or just to stretch their legs.

BTW...I don't know if my CB works (I know it receives but never tried the transmitter out) but if we all have them, we can probably coordinate any thing we need to enroute.

It Vill all Vork out and VE VILL have a great time!
Hi Don !!!

I have a CB also and I haven't used it yet either, in fact I'm not sure it works but I have heard static on it, we are going to be coming from Wagon Master in Sanger so we should be at Cooper Lake in time for Happy Hours .......

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:57 PM   #13080

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don, between now and then I'm sure I'll be back in contact with CL and ask about the valet parking! With only a 4 hour trip for y'all , we'll be doing good to get there ahead of you, we plan on resting as much as possible up till the GC, cause that looks like a busy week!

CL was pretty full today when we went by, lots of spring breakers and horse racing fans! Can't wait!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #13081

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well Asher Jason-Scott Allred has arrived! 8 Lb 10 oz and 21.5" ..... Whew I'm tired from all this work. Okay guys Cigars for everyone at GC!
Congratulations on the new addition. Welcome to the world, Asher!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #13082

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Don, between now and then I'm sure I'll be back in contact with CL and ask about the valet parking! With only a 4 hour trip for y'all , we'll be doing good to get there ahead of you, we plan on resting as much as possible up till the GC, cause that looks like a busy week!

CL was pretty full today when we went by, lots of spring breakers and horse racing fans! Can't wait!
OH...I was thinking you were going to be at CL a few days ahead of us. I'll just give them a call and start working out a plan for non-stop entry if possible.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #13083

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
I thought it was the custom for the last one to buy all the drinks when we get together. .
Oh absolutely. Last one in pays for everything!

Notice how I am picking up on this?
Old 03-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #13084

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well Asher Jason-Scott Allred has arrived! 8 Lb 10 oz and 21.5" ..... Whew I'm tired from all this work. Okay guys Cigars for everyone at GC!
CONGRATS!

Sandee and I just revised our travel plans around my daughter being scheduled for a C-Section on June 4th. We originally were going to visit her in Macon, GA after leaving the GC@CL before the birth and then be out of visiting reach for a couple years. We then decided our granddaughter to be is only an infant once. Our big conflict is that we have a VERY IMPORTANT graduation on the 6th that is a conflict so we just can't be there for the birth. But...soon afterwards.

Ain't it grand when you can change plans and you don't have a boss to say you can't? OK...let me rephrase that...a "non-wife" boss anyway. My full time boss approved this message.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #13085

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don your just getting started. Soon you will find the pressures of retirement are pretty strong. We are constantly balancing what we want to do, what we need to do and what we're going to do. It's a 24/7, but somebody has got to do it.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #13086

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Don your just getting started. Soon you will find the pressures of retirement are pretty strong. We are constantly balancing what we want to do, what we need to do and what we're going to do. It's a 24/7, but somebody has got to do it.
Ain't THAT the truth! LOL We plan to visit the left coast next year thus the 2 year span to getting back towards Macon, GA. Yet, we know that there will be things we can't control. Sandee's parents are getting up there in age and have some health issues. Except for that, we don't see any other issues we can plan for that will have an immediate impact on what we are doing and where we are going next. So...we gladly look forward to Jade's birth and a visit with her before the newborn wrinkles disappear. After that, I am afraid funerals are our next, dreaded path altering events.

Still...we got a LOT done in this stationary 3.5 months to help smooth out bumps on the rainbow and hopefully avoid nuisance road bumps.

What is grand is that through strange and weird ways, paths can cross. Who woulda thunk that You, Mary, Jim & Ginny would cross paths again with us within nearly a year? It is Sandee & my good fortune indeed!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #13087

WOW.
so you will all be bosom buddies before the GC.... Lol... Ok i can still nudge in there.

New babies... Congratulations... Love those grandbabies... They are the best thing about having kids....
Gonna have my oldest two gdaughters for the next few days.. They are both 4, it might take me a month to recover....

My DH, is still a cigar smoker... He says it is his only vice left... Cant remember who asked.

Traveling from Texas... Look at your map. Only a couple of rest stops on that stretch of I30....

Thanks for the PARSE info Wayne.... Truthfully, i didnt care, it just made me mad... Only happens to me on IRV2...

I will think if what else i intended to say as soon as i hit the send.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #13088

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for all the congrats and well wishes for Asher. Mom and dad and kiddo are trying to get some rest and Mammy and I are wore out too! So we are off to bed but please indulge me one more time as I have to post pics of my son and his beautiful family and our precious grand kids including #21. We are pretty proud and this never gets old.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4046424743.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	58944

Name:	image-2465235256.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	58945

Name:	image-3889460685.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	570.5 KB
ID:	58946

Mammy beat me to the head of the line!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #13089

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
What is grand is that through strange and weird ways, paths can cross. Who woulda thunk that You, Mary, Jim & Ginny would cross paths again with us within nearly a year?!
Goes to show you, you can run but you can't hide!lol
Old 03-22-2014, 06:47 PM   #13090

Fleetwood Owners Club
Herb congrats again, at 8 lb 10 oz I think he's a keeper! Looks like there is plenty of help gathered around Mom (twins I assume). Great looking family!