Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #1331
RVM1

JudyH .... in the mailbox, a Jury Summons .... Dang it!

"Hello, Clerk of the County Court."

"Hi. Have a summons. We are in AZ right in the middle of a great big empty, 2400 miles away. Do you send plane tickets? We can be there in May."

"No, we don't. I'll take you off the list for this session"

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #1332
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
JudyH .... in the mailbox, a Jury Summons .... Dang it!

"Hello, Clerk of the County Court."

"Hi. Have a summons. We are in AZ right in the middle of a great big empty, 2400 miles away. Do you send plane tickets? We can be there in May."

"No, we don't. I'll take you off the list for this session"
Or, during jury selection, a response like "Well, if the police arrested him he must be guilty" usually does the trick.

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #1333

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
Or, during jury selection, a response like "Well, if the police arrested him he must be guilty" usually does the trick.
As long as one can accept "dumb jury" decisions after one evades jury duty...I'm good with that. I think being an RVM is not mutually exclusive of practicing civic responsibility.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #1334

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss

As long as one can accept "dumb jury" decisions after one evades jury duty...I'm good with that. I think being an RVM is not mutually exclusive of practicing civic responsibility.
If you are full time and away it's not evasion - just a great life! All RVMs are responsible, mutating beings - with a healthy sense of humor.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #1335

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
And on the summons it does state you are allowed one (1) postponement for vacation purposes, but then you wonder, what if? Also there is no one I would want more on my jury, than my husband or I. So if say, we were accused, wrongly of course, would our Kharma be damaged if we didn't perform our civic duty? What if we are on extended travel, and the new postponed summons sits in the mailbox for too long? So the non decision is to be available in case our lottery number on the summons is drawn. All we have is time. The road will still be there, we hope. The journey will wait.

RVM30
JudyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #1336
RV Mutant #29

The condemned heads to the chair....

Tomorrow I have to mutate into the dentist's chair for some "restoration". Don't wanna go. The very thought makes me I tend to pass out, which may be a good thing. Oh well, this time tomorrow it will be over. Wish I could hit the fast forward button.

Sunday I have to trailer one of my horses to a new home, probably a 5-6 hour haul. The fun never stops!

I will stop whining now. At least I am on the right side of the ground.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #1337

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti
Tomorrow I have to mutate into the dentist's chair for some "restoration". Don't wanna go. The very thought makes me I tend to pass out, which may be a good thing. Oh well, this time tomorrow it will be over. Wish I could hit the fast forward button.

Sunday I have to trailer one of my horses to a new home, probably a 5-6 hour haul. The fun never stops!

I will stop whining now. At least I am on the right side of the ground.
We will be thinking of you.

On the bright side - you have horses!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Dunner: We came thru Phoenix on Sunday afternoon with the engine temp at 202 - 210 doing our 60 MPH.
Wish you would have latched on to some of the heat and yanked it out of Phx. 109 again today.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #1339

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

Wish you would have latched on to some of the heat and yanked it out of Phx. 109 again today.
But it's a DRY heat right Dunner?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #1340

So is an oven, but you won't see me stickin' my head in one. Last I checked, the humididdy was 8%.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #1341

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know, just kidding. The first time I ever was in Arizona, we pulled into Bullhead city on the River. It was July, and I got out of our van to go into the welcome center. It was 126 degrees, and it felt just like I stuck my head in an oven. I never felt anything quite like that. We were looking to move to Arizona, and I made my mind up that we would never live in that area. We were thinking of trying out Lake Havasau.

I almost gave up on the idea of moving to Az. That was 1998, and man it was hot. We tried one last place, Tucson. It was greener, cooler, and fell in love with it. We lived there for a year, but we missed all the kids at Christmas.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #1342

Oh come on ... fess up, you miss the SNOW !! Anybody that has never rolled up a snowman did not have a good childhood.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #1343

Scent is such a powerful trigger for memory. Tonight sitting around the campfire, the mingled smells of smoke, toasted marshmallows, and "Deep Woods Off" took me back about 30 years. All that was missing was the canvas scent of the big old tent we used to sleep in as kids.

It was a bittersweet feeling to get up, go into the trailer, and turn on the air conditioner. Earlier this week my daughter said it would be fun to tent camp. I think I'm going to take her up on that--for a short trip, anyway!

RVM4
4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #1344

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids
Scent is such a powerful trigger for memory. Tonight sitting around the campfire, the mingled smells of smoke, toasted marshmallows, and "Deep Woods Off" took me back about 30 years. All that was missing was the canvas scent of the big old tent we used to sleep in as kids.

It was a bittersweet feeling to get up, go into the trailer, and turn on the air conditioner. Earlier this week my daughter said it would be fun to tent camp. I think I'm going to take her up on that--for a short trip, anyway!

RVM4
Take one with you. Did that with my daughter in Yellowstone - midway through the night - daddy let's go in - it's cold and my sleeping bag keeps sliding off the mat. But when we did backpack and there was no turning back - she was a trooper! Given a choice though - she liked the heater and creature comforts. What a hoot. Ah - as you say - memories!!

On Edit - Hey RVM4. Good to hear from you and.... Smoke too!!!