Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #13707

Hey Steve !!

Good to read that you are in good shape. I guess the twisters touched down an hour away from DFW to the Northeast. Is that the Cooper Lake area ?

Jeff

PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #13708

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good Morning Muteys !!!

After watching the news this morning and seeing tornado damage I just have to ask ...... how is our contingent of North East Texas Mutants ?

Big storm day yesterday into last night. Report of a tornado near Cooper Lake but there was no damage reported. I was on the local EOC amateur radio repeater until about 10:30 when most of the bad stuff had moved out. We dodged the bullet in Paris, just rain, lighting and some small hail that only lasted a few minutes. I hope the other N. Texans came out OK.

Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #13709

So glad our Texans have been spared! Now we need to hear from our others STMs who were under the gun, as it were. Tim? Diane? Others in the path? Are we all cleared for another day on the rainbow?

We are driving north through light rain on US 231 from Ozark AL to Athens, also AL. Athens is our planned stop for tonight, just before crossing into TN. The woods either side are full of dogwoods in full bloom, looking like little clouds being shredded amongst the tree trunks. That's pretty even in the rain.

Who else is on the road today? Barb? How's it going? Dave & Nola? Out sightseeing again? Don & Sandee? Hunkered down or driving? Anybody else? Oh yeah, the big Texas contingent!

Cue Willie Nelson!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #13710
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
So glad our Texans have been spared! Now we need to hear from our others STMs who were under the gun, as it were. Tim? Diane? Others in the path? Are we all cleared for another day on the rainbow? We are driving north through light rain on US 231 from Ozark AL to Athens, also AL. Athens is our planned stop for tonight, just before crossing into TN. The woods either side are full of dogwoods in full bloom, looking like little clouds being shredded amongst the tree trunks. That's pretty even in the rain. Who else is on the road today? Barb? How's it going? Dave & Nola? Out sightseeing again? Don & Sandee? Hunkered down or driving? Anybody else? Oh yeah, the big Texas contingent! Cue Willie Nelson! Cheers! Sue
Thanks, Sue!
Also glad to hear our peeps are okay.
Today: the Cochise Stronghold.

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #13711
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
So glad our Texans have been spared! Now we need to hear from our others STMs who were under the gun, as it were. Tim? Diane? Others in the path? Are we all cleared for another day on the rainbow? We are driving north through light rain on US 231 from Ozark AL to Athens, also AL. Athens is our planned stop for tonight, just before crossing into TN. The woods either side are full of dogwoods in full bloom, looking like little clouds being shredded amongst the tree trunks. That's pretty even in the rain. Who else is on the road today? Barb? How's it going? Dave & Nola? Out sightseeing again? Don & Sandee? Hunkered down or driving? Anybody else? Oh yeah, the big Texas contingent! Cue Willie Nelson! Cheers! Sue
Fine here.... No problems... Thanks for checking......
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #13712

Fleetwood Owners Club
Seems the really bad stuff went south of us. Really bad rain, hail and mucho lightning here at my house according to my in house meteorologist (Mary) but I sleep through most of it.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #13713
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Too busy getting drunk here. Seems to be warm and rainy outside. Don't really care at the moment.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #13714
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm on the road. Got started 2 days later than planned, but I have to do what most of you get to share with a spouse. AND, after being in 1 place for 7 months there was some forgetting about how long it all takes on my part. I'm just north of Tacoma, WA taking a short break. From here I get off the Interstate and take WA 18 over the Cascades.

Stay tuned to this station for this evening's traffic, weather and scenery report.
okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #13715

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm on the road. Got started 2 days later than planned, but I have to do what most of you get to share with a spouse. AND, after being in 1 place for 7 months there was some forgetting about how long it all takes on my part. I'm just north of Tacoma, WA taking a short break. From here I get off the Interstate and take WA 18 over the Cascades.

Stay tuned to this station for this evening's traffic, weather and scenery report.
Drive careful Barb I'm sure we All are waiting on your reports!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #13716

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Seems the really bad stuff went south of us. Really bad rain, hail and mucho lightning here at my house according to my in house meteorologist (Mary) but I sleep through most of it.

So Mary bailed you out again.

Glad you missed the bad stuff.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #13717

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:

Barb,
You need one of those GOPro video dashboard cameras. You could send us videos of your travels to the GC. Better yet give the camera to Sena and let her video. That should be entertaining.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #13718

It's good to hear that Barb got under way at last, ready to traverse the rainbow and the Cascades in one mighty bound. Oh well, maybe not just one.

Some of our neighbors tonight in northern AL:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1950385712.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	442.1 KB
ID:	59935

4 calves (not shown) and 10 goats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2907309218.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	419.0 KB
ID:	59936

The big billy had to come stand watchfully between me and his flock. Isn't he a handsome fella? Kind of a Duck Dynasty face, I think.

Rain's over, sun's out and the meadowlark and mockingbirds are singing. All's right on our bit of the rainbow.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #13719
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
I'm on the road. Got started 2 days later than planned, but I have to do what most of you get to share with a spouse. AND, after being in 1 place for 7 months there was some forgetting about how long it all takes on my part. I'm just north of Tacoma, WA taking a short break. From here I get off the Interstate and take WA 18 over the Cascades. Stay tuned to this station for this evening's traffic, weather and scenery report.
Does someone we know have your phone number? We all just about went crazeeee waiting in a surgery report.
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #13720

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart View Post
So Mary bailed you out again.

Glad you missed the bad stuff.
Glad Paris spared too. Hope Ginny feeling better. Spent most of today de winterizing, sanitizing, tightening and in general getting the Discovery ready.

Sad but true, had a fuse to the outside kitchen ( didNt order it but got it and now can't live without it) blow and was looking it over. A purple blade fuse like an automotive fuse. Had a E on top where the amp size normally is. Thought I'd run to HD later, needed other things also. Son came by to borrow my tractor so I ask him if he had seen a fuse like it before, yep. What size do you think it is, I'd never seen a E size before? He took the fuse from me looked it over, then turned it over and said "it's a 3 amp Dad!"

Hopefully the sever weather is gone for the weekend, my warning system is on a girls weekend!

« Endless Tale Game | - »