Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #13777

Fleetwood Owners Club
So is anyone getting to CL before the 23ird?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2014, 10:24 PM   #13778
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy happy birthday Nola.

Ginny and Jim - please get well sooner.

Barb, the placement statement was really funny. Hee hee!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:38 PM   #13779

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The RVM website just sent an email to all you GC @ CL attendees. Please let me know if you do not recieve it (try looking in your spam box).

Sue - You have ridden a yak for mutants sake! Don't try to tell me you can't come up with a menu item for a couple of meals that fit a theme... I for one would love to see what you mihgt whip up from scratch shopping at the resort quick stop or caught / drug in off the banks of Lake Catherine , but for planning purposes, listing what you might bring helps others know what not to bring.

Now to be clear here - Sue brought this up... I am not singling her out. There are actually 5 of you who have not submitted a memu form. That's ok. We have a special RVM Certificate of Achievement for those bringing up the rear... It does include a picture of the flip side of a certain photo recently leaked to a yahoo email group that shall remain nameless to protect the innocent.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #13780

I proclaim my innocense.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:47 PM   #13781

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi Alan24601 - wish you were joining us at the GC @ CL...

Hey Barb - are you really looking on. Loved you idea in the email about using leveling block to "raise the floor" under your feet while driving. Seems like that could help with leg fatigue for a few of us. Just don't want it getting jammed up under the brake pedal on your super duty.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #13782

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I proclaim my innocense.
They say there is a first time for everything!
Old 04-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #13783

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ginny needed a good laugh and so did the rest of us, apparently. That was a good laugh! And so was "I haven't moved".) (Who else listens to The News from Lake Wobegon fer dat good Scandinavian humor?)

We're still pushing our way northward and I can't get my mind settled on the GC@CL. I had some things collected to take way back in December, but that's as far as I've gotten. Still have to fill in a meal form ... I don't cook like that! I'm all spur of the moment, not the best for such a schedule!

Eeks! Is it really that soon??? We've been waiting for it to happen for so long, and now it will be here and gone before we know it! There had better be lots of pictures taken so we can prove it really happened!

BTW, I did a frame grab from my iPhone video and have a couple stills of Charlie guarding the dock at the Lake Panasoffkee KOA:

Attachment 59979

Attachment 59980

Actually, he was just looking for a handout. The backstory: Some kids had tied him up with fishing line and stuck the hook through one leg. The KOA folks found and rescued him, and now he hangs around in the area and visits. You'd think he'd have had enough of humans!!!

Cheers!
Sue
nope... that's a grateful bird!~even providing the 24hour surveillance! (Which sign he is standing over and surveying...)
Old 04-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #13784

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sue - You have ridden a yak for mutants sake! Don't try to tell me you can't come up with a menu item for a couple of meals that fit a theme... I for one would love to see what you mihgt whip up from scratch shopping at the resort quick stop or caught / drug in off the banks of Lake Catherine , but for planning purposes, listing what you might bring helps others know what not to bring.

Now to be clear here - Sue brought this up... I am not singling her out. There are actually 5 of you who have not submitted a memu form. That's ok. We have a special RVM Certificate of Achievement for those bringing up the rear... It does include a picture of the flip side of a certain photo recently leaked to a yahoo email group that shall remain nameless to protect the innocent.
I came across a recipe for "Bacon Wrapped Alligator Balls" which will be perfect for the WG&GE! The cooking seems simple enough, however, I anticipate some difficulty in getting those critters to give up their little buddies for the epicurean delight of STMs. So, I am looking for a few good hands to help with the roundup and cuttin'. Volunteers?
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #13785

Vintage RV Owners Club
oh... now... Jne... that's gonna shut down the thread..... wonder how long until the poor mentally scarred fellas will take to start feeling safe enough to post again....
Old 04-05-2014, 11:07 PM   #13786

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ
oh... now... Jne... that's gonna shut down the thread..... wonder how long until the poor mentally scarred fellas will take to start feeling safe enough to post again....
Rocky Mountain Oysters or Muddy Bayou Gator Gona... Rhymes with dads. Plate em up with a little Heavily Peppered Gravy and a tall cold beer. Cedar choppers and goat ropers will line up and take a number for dinner.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:10 AM   #13787

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
You could end up like this.
That's a fate worse than fate!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #13788

Jeep, Jeep, Jeep!!! Our new Cherokee Limited has been built and is "ready for inspection"!!! Happy dance!

They never even told us it was in process, just that it had been scheduled, so it was a surprise to see this update this morning.

Whether it will be ready for the GC@CL is another question. We have the base plate, which needs installing, along with the braking system. And we aren't even home yet.

We do need to show this baby off to folks who "get it", so will do our darnedest to have it ready. Happy, happy, happy dance!

Good morning to all Muteys, and see you soon to those who will be at CL.

Cheers!
Sue
PS: A thought for the day from Nick Russell, author of the Gypsy Journal and numerous mysteries: "Drunk is when you feel sophisticated but can't pronounce it."

Bacon in the makin':

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-143338614.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	580.1 KB
ID:	60010
Old 04-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #13789

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
The RVM website just sent an email to all you GC @ CL attendees. Please let me know if you do not recieve it (try looking in your spam box). Sue - You have ridden a yak for mutants sake! Don't try to tell me you can't come up with a menu item for a couple of meals that fit a theme... I for one would love to see what you mihgt whip up from scratch shopping at the resort quick stop or caught / drug in off the banks of Lake Catherine , but for planning purposes, listing what you might bring helps others know what not to bring. Now to be clear here - Sue brought this up... I am not singling her out. There are actually 5 of you who have not submitted a memu form. That's ok. We have a special RVM Certificate of Achievement for those bringing up the rear... It does include a picture of the flip side of a certain photo recently leaked to a yahoo email group that shall remain nameless to protect the innocent.

I did not get the email.... I got the one about sending it. And i looked in ALL of my gmail junk folders....

I have been wondering if a back of the photo was in cyberspace....... Ya know just pondering it....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #13790

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Jeep, Jeep, Jeep!!! Our new Cherokee Limited has been built and is "ready for inspection"!!! Happy dance!

Happy, happy, happy dance!

Cheers!
Sue
PS: A thought for the day from Nick Russell, author of the Gypsy Journal and numerous mysteries: "Drunk is when you feel sophisticated but can't pronounce it."

Bacon in the makin':

Attachment 60010
A New Jeep. Dancing, Drinking and Bacon all in the same posting? I think you've written the perfect RVM song!

I feel your excitement!

jne
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote