Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #13889
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
X2. Please?
I'll post it on the email list so I won't have to add more names to the email. I have yet to figure out how to make a group contact on my iPad. I'm still entering them manually every night.

After the GC I probably will find a blog server to use, but I don't want to let just anyone subscribe. I'd be nervous telling strangers my exact location every night. I miss the days when we didn't lock our doors or need to protect our true identity.

okmunky is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 08:40 AM   #13890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
You need to go back many pages and catch up with roof cleaning. ....
Oh yeah, I had already done that, not being one who wants to miss anything ... But roof cleaning is a foreign concept to me! (My attempts at humor often go astray!)

Cheers!
Sue, whose roof may win the dirtiest roof competition; also the dirtiest windscreen, the dirtiest wheel covers....

Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #13891

Home again, home again, lickety split. We're camped in our driveway in front of the shed cum garage, the best CG around. The view from our hilltop is so serene, the birds so loud, and ... the water pipes in the house so burst. Good thing we like living in our Bella Rigatoni, because here we are: driveway camping again.

Martin did drain down the vulnerable west end of the house before we left in December and left the heating set at 40* but this winter was apparently too much. Now why did the supposedly empty pipes burst? Water left in the traps?

We found one of the split locations yesterday and Martin bought some fix-it kits so he doesn't have to cut out and replace copper pipe. He did have to cut away some drywall to get at it, but it's under the laundry sink and won't show. Today we'll try to locate at least one more leak and hope that's all there are. Half the house has water now, including the important rooms like the kitchen, laundry, and one full bath, so we can move back in. Guess we'd better: Bella's tanks will be full soon enough!

Unpack and repack: the story of our lives! Planning for the GC@CL is finally picking up speed as I try to marshall my wayward mind into some sort of order. Never a simple task! Let's see now. Will it be the crepes or the étouffée? The PB cookies or the avocado pudding? Or D, all the above?

I'm getting hungry just reading the menu pages! Cheers, Muteys, and g'day to you! Sue
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #13892
RVM64/RVillageAmbassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Home again, home again, lickety split. We're camped in our driveway in front of the shed cum garage, in the best CG around. The view from our hilltop is so serene, the birds so loud, and ... the water pipes in the house so burst. Good thing we like living in our Bella Rigatoni, because here we are: driveway camping again. Martin did drain down the vulnerable west end of the house before we left in December and left the heating set at 40* but this winter was apparently too much. Now why did the supposedly empty pipes burst? Water left in the traps? We found one of the split locations yesterday and Martin bought some fix-it kits so he doesn't have to cut out and replace copper pipe. He did have to cut away some drywall to get at it, but it's under the laundry sink and won't show. Today we'll try to locate at least one more leak and hope that's all there are. Half the house has water now, including the important rooms like the kitchen, laundry, and one full bath, so we can move back in. Guess we'd better: Bella's tanks will be full soon enough! Unpack and repack: the story of our lives! Planning for the GC@CL is finally picking up speed as I try to marshall my wayward mind into some sort of order. Never a simple task! Let's see now. Will it be the crepes or the étouffée? The PB cookies or the avocado pudding? Or D, all the above? I'm getting hungry just reading the menu pages! Cheers, Muteys, and g'day to you! Sue
Just saw Martin's post on this... So sorry... No fun..... I got new kitchen flooring in house because of last winters freeze... This year all was fine.... See you at GC.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #13893

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^^ Sue - so sorry to learn of your pipes bursting. Hope it is a quick and easy fix.

Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #13894

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Oh yeah, I had already done that, not being one who wants to miss anything ... But roof cleaning is a foreign concept to me! (My attempts at humor often go astray!)

Cheers!
Sue, whose roof may win the dirtiest roof competition; also the dirtiest windscreen, the dirtiest wheel covers....
Be thankful DW and I can't make the GC&CL as we would win all the 'dirtiest' competitions with Wayne a close second in the mind part.
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #13895

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sure, Dennis!
Me, too, please! I love Sena stories!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #13896

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Woohoo! Congrats on getting thru it with such great results!

I, like others, could not do it. Back in the late 60s I took an Econ class just because I thought I needed to make myself understand how it works. Night class after work. I kept falling asleep, finally gave up and dropped out. To this day, all I remember is "guns and butter".

Enjoy your trip and those super new chairs! See you soon, yes?

Cheers!
Sue
Sue, thanks! I am glad that econ is finally behind me. In the new term, which started April 1, I am taking 20 more credits. My head hurts...
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #13897

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeowza... so sorry to hear about the pipes... sigh...always something, isn't it.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #13898

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This post is for All RVMs
But directed at those not attending the GC @ CL....

Where are you traveling - what are your plans for the spring / summer. We have mutants moving toward Arkansas - and then some are off to who knows where... Then there is the PNW Midi-curiosity in the works. Your RVM family can't buy ya a coffee or adult beverage if they don't know where to find ya!!

Share your plans and maybe meet another mutant or two. Mini-Cs are Grand - ask anyone who has participated in one!!

RVM2
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:39 PM   #13899
RVM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
This post is for All RVMs But directed at those not attending the GC @ CL.... Where are you traveling - what are your plans for the spring / summer. We have mutants moving toward Arkansas - and then some are off to who knows where... Then there is the PNW Midi-curiosity in the works. Your RVM family can't buy ya a coffee or adult beverage if they don't know where to find ya!! Share your plans and maybe meet another mutant or two. Mini-Cs are Grand - ask anyone who has participated in one!! RVM2
Thanks for that, Steve!
The Mini-Cs we had this fall and winter got us together with PTJeep (Jeff and Marcia), DaveDeb1 (Dave and Deb), and winginis (Nissa). Each one was so much fun that they were repeated!
Nola and I look forward to many more. Cheers!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #13900

American Coach Owners Club
MRC

Our baby will be uncovered soon for some driveway camping and a weekend out.

We do have all the reservations made for a trip from NW Indiana to Yellowstone, June 20 through July 13.

The weekend I would like to plan is a Midwest Regional Curiosity........

Seems like we have plenty of STM's up this way.

Open for suggestions of place and time.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #13901

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Our baby will be uncovered soon for some driveway camping and a weekend out. We do have all the reservations made for a trip from NW Indiana to Yellowstone, June 20 through July 13. The weekend I would like to plan is a Midwest Regional Curiosity........ Seems like we have plenty of STM's up this way. Open for suggestions of place and time.
Oh yes! We're up for it. Have to run right now, but keep stirring us up!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 04-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #13902
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Be thankful DW and I can't make the GC&CL as we would win all the 'dirtiest' competitions with Wayne a close second in the mind part.
Hey! I resemble that remark, so watch it!

Several years ago we had a riser to the toilet tank (S&B) rupture. Middle of summer. Had a few inches of water around the inside of the place. Plumber said that it is best to change them out every 5 years or so. It's on the "things-to-do" list now, including the MH.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

« Endless Tale Game | - »