Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Yep. Have your people call my people. We can work this out.
I need both arms though...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #492

Quote:
You RVMs are doing a great job keeping us honest with our Roster. Apologies to RVM26 and his RVMHaul - and TEFFY is herby dubbed RVM27 with all the rights and privileges of RVMdom.

This is a fast growing group! Before ya know it we will be able to fill a small CG - this is BiG! BIG I Tell Ya!!
Think HUGE! eh?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #493

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
You have all that in a Canoe??
Dogpatch:
The wife was in a 17' canoe with the oldest boy and camping gear and I was in another 17' canoe with the youngest boy and more camping gear, if you laid the two 17' canoes end to end, they were as long as our current MH (34'). So you can see how the spaces compare.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #494

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

I need both arms though...
We always leave em with their arms.

And - BIG or HUGE - clearly a distinction without a difference! Our numbers are growing faster than you can say RVM. And let's face it - we're a fine a fine group of mutants.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #495

Tiffin Owners Club
VISIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
NO kidding, this could get me out there don't you think you guys?? For the weekends anyway Not have to set up a tent. If any of you come to camp in Oregon, I could meet ya thar!! Denise
Denise:

We will be leaving here on June 5 or 6 and stop in Houston to get a new N841 fridge installed on the way to LA, CA to see the son and girlfriend. After that we're coming your way to see the Boeing museum and then run up the Columbia River and see some of the museums about the building of the dams. We don't have to be anywhere until the Boom Days festival in Leadville CO on Aug 2,3, & 4. I did just buy a 40,000 BTU heater for the MH from a guy in Colorado Springs on eBay and he's going to hold it until I can stop by and pick it up. We don't have to be home until Aug 15th. But, (repeated many times) our destination is the journey and we make the most of it.

Maybe Stephanie, you, and I can get together for a face to face somewhere along the way. Several years ago we went to Nova Scotia and met 12 individuals along the way that were on the model railroading forum. Each encounter was very pleasant and a real learning experience. It's nice to meet some of the people that we get to communicate with on the forum.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #496

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry
NO kidding, this could get me out there don't you think you guys?? For the weekends anyway Not have to set up a tent. If any of you come to camp in Oregon, I could meet ya thar!! Denise
RVM25 - post your truck model and year.
RVMs - somebody find this young lady a inexpensive topper in Oregon that will fit her truck. Also - the air bed in our sleeper sofa in the Bounder inflates in 35 seconds. You find an inexpensive inverter that will get ya sleeping in comfort and style - plus it deflates in no time and folds up outta the way. There are other forums out there where folks with lots of experience with these sorts of things can help. I just don't know which to suggest. You can and will do this!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #497

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Mekanic - Do sometimes post on DiRT? Truck looks Familiar.
Nope never heard of that. You mean some one else built one like it?? .........
on purpose?!?

What is this "DiRT" website?
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Denise:

We will be leaving here on June 5 or 6 and stop in Houston to get a new N841 fridge installed on the way to LA, CA to see the son and girlfriend. After that we're coming your way to see the Boeing museum and then run up the Columbia River and see some of the museums about the building of the dams. We don't have to be anywhere until the Boom Days festival in Leadville CO on Aug 2,3, & 4. I did just buy a 40,000 BTU heater for the MH from a guy in Colorado Springs on eBay and he's going to hold it until I can stop by and pick it up. We don't have to be home until Aug 15th. But, (repeated many times) our destination is the journey and we make the most of it.

Maybe Stephanie, you, and I can get together for a face to face somewhere along the way. Several years ago we went to Nova Scotia and met 12 individuals along the way that were on the model railroading forum. Each encounter was very pleasant and a real learning experience. It's nice to meet some of the people that we get to communicate with on the forum.
I'll send you my email and phone #, would love to meet you guys when you come through! The only problem that may occur is I'll be at work but do call or write me email (PM) and we'll see if we can hook up. I am right off I-5 and lots of places we could meet and have a java Denise!!
nwcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #499

Quote:
RVM25 - post your truck model and year.
RVMs - somebody find this young lady a inexpensive topper in Oregon that will fit her truck. Also - the air bed in our sleeper sofa in the Bounder inflates in 35 seconds. You find an inexpensive inverter that will get ya sleeping in comfort and style - plus it deflates in no time and folds up outta the way. There are other forums out there where folks with lots of experience with these sorts of things can help. I just don't know which to suggest. You can and will do this!
RVM2
RVM25 checkin in!! Hey Steve, I have a canopy on my truck already. I could keep an eye open for one with a bit higher top. I think they call them high-rise? I have a carpenter buddy that I called yesterday to get a price on him building the frame for me too I would like to get the rack on top (saw one canopy with that) for my kayak.

Anyway, like I mentioned, I will only be able to camp around here (on weekends) but some of you are bound to be coming through Oregon at some point I will get a pic of my truck as soon as it's done getting the new clutch put in I'll have to take progress pics too when I start changing it up Denise
Old 05-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #500

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Denise, my sister lives in Winston. Not to far from you.

Jerry (rvm3)
Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #501

iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutant memories:

Best of Times - YouTube
Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodburner View Post
Being there are so many of us now; shouldn't we have a HIGH SIGN so we know who we are?
Yay! you found it. I offered up this idea early on... but slightly modified. Not sure what happened but never heard anything either yay or nay on the idea.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
After reading about all the other RV Mutants I guess that we would qualify since we came up from canoe camping. Some of the things that we don't miss are: 4 slide outs; 330 HP; 6-7 MPG; speeds over 68 MPH on flat ground; satellite following antenna; monthly notes; and a lap top (we have a Nook). Some of the things that we enjoy are AC; our own toilet and shower; our own BED; and stopping and taking a nap when we want to. I am in the process of putting a dishwasher in for our up-coming trip. I found out that by taking out the oven (who uses it anyway) I had room for a dishwasher. The only problem is that I have to raise the stove 1 1/2 inches. The DW is from the up-stairs den so the price was right.

I hope that this qualifies us for membership.
The DW says she likes her current dishwasher....me

Welcome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #504

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
No rumor. FACT!
But I was trapped.
My rear heat duct could either fixed by tearing up the floor and cutting in from below, OR by swapping the rear A/C for a heat pump.
I qualified for the latter only because they so heavily favor folks that have Wrangler toads.
I did not recruit while here in Elkhart. But I did steer some folks to iRV2, and accidentally let it slip that searching on "Mutant" was really neat, to which they said "what", which is when I changed the subject to bacon.

RVM1
LOL, changed the subject to bacon, quick thinking!! Hey, if the subject is bacon, you should be able to use that as bait to bring'em on back, LOL!! Denise, RVM 25