Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #617

When I had the house built in `76, it was supposed to be carpet in the FR. Instead of ripping out the tile, they carpeted over it. I ripped it out before I put the big machines in. Pic was taken today from the 30" doorway I put in after extending the wall. Doggy door is on the right, so with Sadie, I almost never close the doorway to the shop. The doggy door is the type that inserts in the patio door frame.

What I like about the tile is: there are no seams for my computer chair wheels to get caught in. My computer desk is the dining room table with two printers/fax, wireless router, modem speakers, etc.

If it was like most houses, the LR was only used when insurance salesmen come over. My stereo and 27" TV were in the LR, and I needed more room for the big machines. I put all that stuff in there myself.

GFs don't care; they know where to bring things to get fixed.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2013, 01:27 AM   #618

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
....... Our only real requirement is to identify a thing or two you don't have in the RV but don't miss. Other than that, you have proven yourself a worthy journeyer and the journey is your destination. All rights and privileges are hereby granted. Welcome to the non-club club.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
sorry I didn't notice that requirement. I have quite a list,.....of what is NOT in My "U-RV"
carpet, plumbing, bathroom, shower,AC while driving,......... Yes I had a TT years ago that had all that and don't miss it one bit. I just stay where they have bath houses and all is well.
What I do have makes me different as well. Who among Us carry 2 air impacts
(A 1/2 inch drive AND a 3/4 inch as well) hoses, jacks, and a assortment of tools large enough to change out a 22.5 tire wheel combo.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #619

Also a compressor to power those tools. I carry a 1/2" drive impact, a 3/8" air ratchet and a complete set of all the sockets for all my needs. I also carry an air/hydraulic 12T jack and enough hose to reach my enclosed trailer's wheels. An air gun comes in handy too.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #620

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Also a compressor to power those tools. I carry a 1/2" drive impact, a 3/8" air ratchet and a complete set of all the sockets for all my needs. I also carry an air/hydraulic 12T jack and enough hose to reach my enclosed trailer's wheels. An air gun comes in handy too.
Mine has air brakes so it was quite easy hookup. I even put a quick connect on the rear bumper.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #621

Now you're making my brain hurt. I have some extra 3/8", 200 psi hose, but I don't think I have enough to go to the back of my MH.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #622

That would be like having an extended warranty. You have it, but you hope you never need it.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #623

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM24 - bdickson
I hear ya and we almost did that before implementing the 5 Year Plan. The first 5 Year Plan was to submit a 5 year Substantially Equal Payment Plan to the IRS to allow us to draw from 401k without penalty prior to age 59.5. After some serious thought, we decided to recalibrate, add more to the 401k and allow my pension to grow a little more (lucky to have a job with one when I started - not any more but call me grandfathered), and build toward a more sustainable exit to full time. Had those tax rules been different, we would be out there now.

You are right about health and age etc - but It's a chance we were willing to take. You can't control or worry about things you can't control. Things like health, acts of Nature and God, and a million other things. So for us, controlling what we can was the focus, and we felt like even if we had to wait until 60 to retire, it was sooner than many and would be soon enough for us. But as I have said, the closer we get the more anxious we are.

There is still that 59.5 year restriction, and evaluating the impact of 1 year or less of early withdraw is on my to do list. So is working through the time needed to throw everything overboard (RVM1 sold everything in a day to a picker). And we still have a few things left to do to the Bounder before going. But I'm revisiting the plan. Why not!!

Thanks to all you RVMs for the great posts!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #624
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I carry all of that also, but for a different reason. I just want to make sure that when the repair guy shows up he has access to the right tool.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #625

bddickson said: "My message should be obvious: if you wait until the plan is perfectly formed before executing it, you may be too late. Live your dream now and make changes along the way...."

I hear you! BTDT.

We are living our dream and mutating along the way.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #626

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Lime Allegro

1993 Tiffin Allegro Class A Diesel Motorhome 36 foot in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

I just checked and the Lime Allegro has been bid up to $3050 with 5 days left. Just for fun I'm going to bet the selling price will be $23,625. I considered trying to look up the book value -- if the "book" even goes back 20 years -- but realized that it is lacking several key components, such as a kitchen.

Anyone else want to venture a guess? The closest guess, without going over, wins bragging rights and... Uh, let me think on that a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Well, RVM29 doesn't miss cleaning the sticks and bricks and doing yard/house maintenance. Also telemarketers and 9 to 5 work!
Welcome to RVMdom, timarti!!!!

We are never lost, even if we dont know where we are, because if we are on our journey we are at our destination.

We look forward to reports on your travels.

Ya cant see nuthin if ya dont go lookin. (me)

Again, WELCOME!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #628

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti
“The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.” "Not all who wander are lost." J. R. Tolkien
timarti - RVM22 Sky_Boss sent me this pic today and I thought of you!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-678863905.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	39121

Hey out there - if this is your rig, you may well be an RVM. Let us know if your RV doesn't have a baubbke or gadget and you don't miss it. For RVMs the journey is the destination.
RVM2
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #629

Definitely a kindred spirit!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
sorry I didn't notice that requirement. I have quite a list,.....of what is NOT in My "U-RV"
carpet, plumbing, bathroom, shower,AC while driving,......... Yes I had a TT years ago that had all that and don't miss it one bit. I just stay where they have bath houses and all is well.
What I do have makes me different as well. Who among Us carry 2 air impacts
(A 1/2 inch drive AND a 3/4 inch as well) hoses, jacks, and a assortment of tools large enough to change out a 22.5 tire wheel combo.
Quote:
Sheesh and I thought I was doing good with a high end tire gauge..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote