Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #771

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
RVM2 count us in! It only took the first five pages for me to recognize I have mutant DNA. For instance, why do they put sooooo many tv,s in new coaches these days? I mean, how many TV,s can a person watch at one time? Also, is it me, or are the tv,s getting larger and larger in these new coaches? IMHO anything over 40" is a waste but I guess different stroke for different folks. We don't care for "mood" lighting either....maybe because the only mood I want is no mood. Anyway, just the basics for us! Like my favorite song lyric says...."Don't worry.....be happy"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #772

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Welcome, HerbnBarb. Not sure what your rvm number will be but, rvm2 will let you know. We only have 2 tv's in our motor home but, 1 of those we don't even watch. So, we don't miss it. But, I do agree with you. Just how many can you watch at one time, especially since they're in different locations in the rv.

Jerry rvm3
Old 05-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
RVM2 count us in! It only took the first five pages for me to recognize I have mutant DNA. For instance, why do they put sooooo many tv,s in new coaches these days? I mean, how many TV,s can a person watch at one time? Also, is it me, or are the tv,s getting larger and larger in these new coaches? IMHO anything over 40" is a waste but I guess different stroke for different folks. We don't care for "mood" lighting either....maybe because the only mood I want is no mood. Anyway, just the basics for us! Like my favorite song lyric says...."Don't worry.....be happy"
A hearty welcome to you, HerbnBarb!
You are RVM31, with all of the rights and privileges.

Being from North Richland Hills, TX, you may be close to Steve, RVM2.

We have 3 TVs, and use 2: livingroom and outdoor. The one in the bedroom is just a large decoration with a tiny red light on it, that may become a storage cabinet if I mutate enough to figure out how to do it.

We also have mood lighting that we do not need or use! If on, my calm mood would likely become sound sleep.

Do you have rope lights?

Again, welcome!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #774

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Welcome! Our new coach came with three built in TV's. we only ever watch one of them. And then we we given a gift pack by the dealer: folding table and chairs, a very nice grill, and, wait for it....... a TV! I never could figure the logic in that one. We ended up donating it to the Friends of the Refuge group where we were volunteering.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #775

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
With my retirement looming in the near future (July 1) we are pondering the plans... where to go first? how long to stay? or do we really need to plan? HMMMM.. We have always had to be here or there at a certain time, this is going to be fun?!?

RVM30
Judy, when we were in the bus business I would tell our customers that we could drive to Albuquerque in two days with one night on the road. In 25 yrs I don't know how many times I did that. Now that we are retired, it took us 12 days to get there and we came home in a hurry - only 6 days (shorter route). We're getting ready to leave next week with no plan of how many miles a day or a definite route. We have to go to Apple Valley Ca to see the kids and then to Leadville Co the first of Aug. Along the way we'll drive along the Columbia river and see the Boeing museum. We'll be back middle Aug or middle Sept. We do carry an extra 40# propane tank in case I forget to check and we run out in the tank on the RV. It also gives us the option of staying in the boonies a longer time. Some places are just hard to leave.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #776

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb
Hey Herb and Barb - RVM31. Thanks for joining our happy group of mutants. I know from our PMs that you have a new to rig in the very near future. Sounds like a great coach and you already know what ya have and don't need, what ya don't have and don't need and a great tune to journey with. You are indeed RVMs at heart. Welcome to the adventure of your making!!
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie

Oh - and nice job getting through 5 pages of RVM pondering and proclamations. We look forward to seeing that new rig and hearing more from you.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #777

Fleetwood Owners Club
[COLOR="Red"]Ok, just letting you know, I'm sick of you type people. [COLOR="
I use to be normal, but no I kept coming around this mutant group and got infected. Before RV I had no flat screen TVs, now my MH has 4, that's 4 , I don't have time to watch 4 TVs.i may have to hire someone to help me watch them! I was just wondering, when you use the central vac, does the dust go outside? Man I feel feverish.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #778

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
With my retirement looming in the near future (July 1) we are pondering the plans... where to go first? how long to stay? or do we really need to plan? HMMMM.. We have always had to be here or there at a certain time, this is going to be fun?!?

RVM30
Welcome!

That was the hardest part for me, convincing my DW that we did NOT have to be there at a certain time...I used to get the..

"Is that all the farther we've gone!" So I took away the map...

The closest I like to come to planning is timeing my fuel purchases, aiming for the best prices I can find/get.

I have been known to pull over and buy 5 gallons cause it was so cheep...

And yes I'm still around Flagship1...just avoiding any copyright infringements...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #779

Quote:
Welcome!!

I agree totally. For us, no TV, no mood lighting, no slide(s). The only concession made was internet...after all can't miss out on the RVM chatter!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #780

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski
Ok, just letting you know, I'm sick of you type people.
I use to be normal, but no I kept coming around this mutant group and got infected. Before RV I had no flat screen TVs, now my MH has 4, that's 4 , I don't have time to watch 4 TVs.i may have to hire someone to help me watch them! I was just wondering, when you use the central vac, does the dust go outside? Man I feel feverish.
Now that takes the cake as the most indirect application to join the merry mutants yet! I know I didn't make it to the Cape but Msbarth and Sky_Boss did and they both pulled into to RVMdom long ago.

I also know that once the fever sets in, there is no turning back. I suspect your delay in getting here is due to recuperation from all the excitement leading up to the Cape. As I recall you gathered up 7 for that "rally". We could use you in our mutant crew for when the mutants are a little more settled in and have our first rally.

So what say ya, are you an RVM too - more specifically - RVM32? You know ya wanna. Come on now. Step into the light - is the journey your destination? Are you RVM32?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #781

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
C'mon huntnski join the group! We may be plain and simple but we got a monkey for a mascot! Woo hoo!
RVM31
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #782

huntnski, you know being an RVM is your destiny!

Give it up. Concede to your fate!

No idea about the central vac. It is just one of those things that I dont have that I dont need.

Do you have rope lights?

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Old 05-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #783

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
huntnski, you know being an RVM is your destiny!

Give it up. Concede to your fate!

No idea about the central vac. It is just one of those things that I dont have that I dont need.

Do you have rope lights?

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Hey Dave -
I don't need it but I have it. Annie seems like it. Happy mutant wife, happy mutant life!

First the dust goes in here Click image for larger version

Name:	image-148225303.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	39785
then in here
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2223277145.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	581.4 KB
ID:	39786
(Dumpster Not Included)

Hey - I have things I don't need and if I could have gotten them to take them off and sell it to me for less, this would be one of them. You know how it works - if I would have asked for anything to be removed it would have been done at the hourly rate. Price would have gone up, not down.

One of these days we will have enough RVMs to have purchasing power and our own discount cards for CGs - Rvupgrades - and manufactures nationwide. I keep telling you, this is big. BIG I tell ya!

RVM2
Old 05-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #784

RVM2, as usual, you have bolstered the tenets of what RVMs are.

We all have stuff that we dont need.
Us, that bedroom TV and....sorry, thats about it. Guess you are stuck with unintended encumberances. :-(

But if Annie likes, it leans toward need. I believe you may have been over ruled! (sound of Steve taking a deep breath)

Hope you get your weekend getaway, chum!

Yes, one day there will be RVM cards for fuel stops, campground comps if we buy firewood, and GS/CW will try to buy us out. But the Journey is not their destination.

June 8 we will not hurry to MN with daughter and grandson aboard. They already know what we know, and crave the journey.

Dave and Nola
RVM1