Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Do you have rope lights?

RVM1
Watch out, guys, I think that may be a trick question!

RVM4
4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #786

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I got home today, DH was on the phone to relatives in a far off state (Illinois), telling them we would be starting out in just over a month. So I believe he is already planning on when and where. We are going to go. Now I need to figure out the best way to pay the household bills. I hate to have them just take it out of the bank. So maybe I can pay them with CC. What is the best mutant way to handle the mundane task of paying utility bills?
And I for one like our central vac, it saves the room our old Dirt Devil took up in the closet.

No rope lights here.
RVM30
Old 05-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #787

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids

Watch out, guys, I think that may be a trick question!

RVM4
Hey everybody. Look. RVM4 is back online!!

And yep - it's a loaded question. RVM1 and I are at cross purposes on this one. But I don't have em in the coach - and don't miss em.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #788

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM30 - the best plan is the one that says....
Leave today!

At least it's my favorite. I know the anticipation is mounting. You are a fortunate mutant indeed.
RVM2
Old 05-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #789

I feel like one of my students who's been absent from class: "Did I miss anything important?" 😁
Wow, a couple of weeks away and the RVM roster has doubled! Welcome to all the mutants and mascots.

Here is my update: School is out, but summer is crazy busy. I'll be traveling all over the South in the next month with DD's softball team, but little of it will be in the RV since DH's schedule is full, too. Meanwhile, we wave at the trailer every time we drive past the storage facility. (Can you hear me whining?) My resolution for the summer is to spend some practice time towing the TT so that I can feel confident taking it out on my own. Rather than weekend camping, we'll be trying to sneak in some short T/W/Th outings. Don't know where yet; my favorite summertime trips include sparkling clear water, and there ain't NONE of that in Louisiana!

I saw that family members are included as RVMs...Dale is definitely a mutant, but I don't know that he gets "don't have it; don't need it." His philosophy is more "have it; might need it someday." I kinda like that towing necessitates a weight limit. He's been weeding out stuff from his Boy Scout "Be Prepared" footlockers that he tosses into the back of the pickup whenever we head out. So, among things that I can now say we don't have and won't miss: 2 Coleman lanterns, 3 battery powered lanterns, a Coleman stove, enough pots & pans & ladles & spatulas to feed 12-18 Boy Scouts, 6 refillable Six Flags drink cups, 4 frisbees, and an inflatable raft.
There'll be more, I'm sure. Including at least half of his rope lights, since I don't like him to plug in more than one strand, anyway. Yes, that's a point of contention in our household...but I usually (always) am more persuasive (bossy, hard-headed, whatever!)

RVM4
Old 05-30-2013, 12:25 AM   #790

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Now I need to figure out the best way to pay the household bills. I hate to have them just take it out of the bank. So maybe I can pay them with CC. What is the best mutant way to handle the mundane task of paying utility bills?
Judy, I use online payment or automatic draft for everything even when we're at home. Any particular reason you're opposed to that?
Michelle
RVM4
Old 05-30-2013, 06:28 AM   #791

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Welcome!

That was the hardest part for me, convincing my DW that we did NOT have to be there at a certain time...I used to get the..

"Is that all the farther we've gone!" So I took away the map...

The closest I like to come to planning is timeing my fuel purchases, aiming for the best prices I can find/get.

I have been known to pull over and buy 5 gallons cause it was so cheep...

And yes I'm still around Flagship1...just avoiding any copyright infringements...
You have more nerve then I do - I'm not allowed to even LOOK at the map except on special occasions.

We were going thru a small town in NM and fuel was so cheap I went around the block to come back and put 8 gallons in a 75 gal tank. Made me feel good as I did my part to save money.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #792

In my DP (diesel puller) I have a rear cabinet with lights, a power outlet, and a fold-down table (supposed to be the "party" hut) that I remodeled into storage space. Tens-of-dollars invested!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3873429872.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	507.4 KB
ID:	39829

Ends up that after a year of F/T, I not only have space there that I dont need, but my pass-thru rear storage is also less than half full. Lots of stuff that only "came along for the ride" on the last 7,000 miles was either put in the storage locker or donated.

Neighbor suggested I have room for rope lights.

So, allthough some have features that came with the rig, like HHVac and such, we tend to accept and tolerate.

Nola would gladly "tolerate" HHVac quite well.

So, how many RVMs have rope lights?

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #793

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck
.....I have been known to pull over and buy 5 gallons cause it was so cheep...

And yes I'm still around Flagship1...just avoiding any copyright infringements...
I don't fret as much over fuel prices but living in and driving across parts of Texas make one mindful of fuel reserves. I usually start watching and thinking around 1/2 tank. Annie will have "Next Exit" at hand but that usually leads to --- oh there's a Kohls or Pennys or.... at 125 -. I say - when did Kohls get diesel? She says - the Flying J is a 127. She does love her role as navigator though. And feet up in the copilot seat seems to suit her.

And I know your out there - been keeping up with the "Frog in the Refrigerator" thread! I still haven't figured out how it for there, much less how to get it out.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #794

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Now I need to figure out the best way to pay the household bills. I hate to have them just take it out of the bank. So maybe I can pay them with CC. What is the best mutant way to handle the mundane task of paying utility bills?
RVM30
Hi Judy!

I have had Auto-Pay for over 15 years. I also use Bill-Pay at my credit union. The only entities that I cannot get online bills from are doctors, but I pay them with Bill-Pay. Never had an issue. Took me a quite a while to fully trust online finances, but now it is our standard practice.

Have not been in a bank for over 15 years and only write about 6 checks per year, mostly to kids and grands.

Have not been to an ATM in many years; that is handled via the "cash back" option at the check out.

Just sayin....

Dave and Nola
RVM1
Old 05-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #795

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids

Judy, I use online payment or automatic draft for everything even when we're at home. Any particular reason you're opposed to that?
Michelle
RVM4
X2 - I have yet to move anything to auto pay or ebill only. We won't have much in the way of bills when we go full-time - insurance - health care - and a few memberships, so most of that is set up in bill pay with the bank. What can be ebilled through the bank is. Click, click, Boom! I feel like having the bills through the bank rather than email is a good way to go. Should (knock wood) anything go haywire - the more that's in one place the better - no logging in to multiple sites to pay - less opportunity for mischief. Just This Mutants Humble Opinion (JTMHO) - Mutant Milage May Vary (MMMV).
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie
Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #796

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM1 - Dave - the motor goes there.
Nice clean look! I have a couple jobs for ya at our first rally!!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #797

Fleetwood Owners Club
Man, your like the pusherman on the corner. Offering up such enticements! Giving me my own number, my own mutant ID, a since of belonging, calling the names of others I know that have turned to the mutant side. Well RVM32 is nice, like its my waist size and all
I was at a family home following a funeral and despite the sadness in the air I found a Rv catalog and spent the next hour dreaming of all the great things that I don't have or only have one of. Some of them, things that I'm not really sure what there for! Just as I was about to put away the catalog, the home owner came in and started showing me things he had ordered and installed. Oh my gosh, it's everywhere! I guess it's true, I'm RVM32.

Ha, lets rally, I'd like to show you all my rope lights! It was My last holdout for sanity, but finally took my bucket light out of MH DP.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVM1 - Dave - the motor goes there.
Nice clean look! I have a couple jobs for ya at our first rally!!
My next rig will be a pusher, fer sher.
I would like to help.
Do you pay in rope lights?