Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #1275

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Teach her to stick a smork in it.
Yeah Dunner, her utensil eating skills are evolving, but she doesn't have a true opposable thumb on her hands. It's more like 5 fingers. Now, she does have 2 fully opposable big toes,
but it's hard for me to demonstrate how to use a fork with your feet. The monkey see, monkey do principle is how she learns best.

Another issue is utensil size. Her hands are only 1.25” wide by 2" long. I have yet to find small enough cutlery that is actually useable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #1276

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Facebook wore me out so I got off of it never more to roam. That being said this mutant votes to keep to this one page going for travel news and general conversing. Btw, Barb and I are off to Colorado on July 1st for a week at the ASA Nationals to support our twin grand daughters fast pitch select team " Esparza Texas Elite" in Fort Collins. This will be our maiden voyage "fully loaded" (minus rope lights).
Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #1277

Thanks for the road trip via Van Halen, RVM2! Just watched it, last thing before heading for bed.

Sweet dreams of bein' on the road again. Soon, very soon...even if just for a long weekend.

Cheers!
RVM36 Sue
Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Yeah Dunner, her utensil eating skills are evolving, but she doesn't have a true opposable thumb on her hands. It's more like 5 fingers. Now, she does have 2 fully opposable big toes,
but it's hard for me to demonstrate how to use a fork with your feet. The monkey see, monkey do principle is how she learns best.

Another issue is utensil size. Her hands are only 1.25” wide by 2" long. I have yet to find small enough cutlery that is actually useable.
Well, if she can grasp it like a stick and stab it into the meat or potato, she should be able to stick it in her mouth. From what I've seen with other monkeys, you don't want anything lighter than a 16 lb boxing glove on her hand.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave,

Here's a link to the mutant RVers side trip guide.

Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions

I bet you can find some distractions that your grandson will find, uh... What's the current word for "cool"?

Have a safe and mutant journey.
Thanks!

Sheesh! I've been to some of these. RVM places fer shure.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #1280

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz
Thanks for the road trip via Van Halen, RVM2! Just watched it, last thing before heading for bed.

Sweet dreams of bein' on the road again. Soon, very soon...even if just for a long weekend.

Cheers!
RVM36 Sue
No worries RVM36 - but Mr. Van the Man Morrison might get a kick outta being called Eddie Van H. Lol. Not sure Van H would know a philosophers stone if it hit em upside the head.

We've seen Van only once about 4 or 5 years ago. He plays the sax - piano - guitar - harmonica and sings his heart out. He alway gets mixed reviews. He has a song about being misunderstood. I think it's called Why Must I Always Explain. It's about being who he is and doing it his way.

Anyway - it's a nice ride of a video for us mutants who journey less frequently due to work and other obligations. Glad you enjoyed the journey.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #1281

Well fellow mutants, back from the maiden voyage. Other than the matress feeling like concrete, it went well. Awning leaked a little and one TV didn't work on cable. Had our two granddaughters with us. (Ages 3 & 7), HOLY smokes, I'm wore out from chasing them around the pool, trying to keep them calm at bedtime and then trying to sleep on a rock. I wouldn't change a thing. All in all the new APEX was great. Now to try and read the last four or five pages of the thread that I missed. Oh, I will be checking into one of those sleep number mattress thingies.
Flacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #1282
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
I slept and woke up 3 pages behind.

Man, you guys are hard to keep up to!

RVM12
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #1283

Flacamper ... Yes an adjustable air bed might be so good that you will stay in the camper even when not camping. The highly advertised "Sleep Number" things are good but costly. After checking competing brands, we settled on "Comfortaire". Purchased on-line. The quality is top-notch, and there is a memory foam layer above the actual air mattress. Best sleeping we've ever had. One tiny caveat is that being filled with air, they balloon up when you travel from a low to higher altitude. No big deal but it was kind of freaky to walk into the bedroom after a trip to an RV park in the Rockies and see a bulged up mattress. They will not rupture because there is a max pressure relief valve in the air-up system.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I slept and woke up 3 pages behind.

Man, you guys are hard to keep up to!

RVM12
You are not allowed to sleep. I didn't read the fine print in the charter either. Took a nap and then struggled to catch up to the train. Looking for a way to make a bunch of posts then have the computer fire them off one at a time every fifteen minutes during the night. Sort of like harassing artillery fire.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #1285

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Flacamper - I'm with Moonrover on air. Ours came with the Sleep Number but our hide a bed is from Flexsteel and I believe it says Queen Aire on it. I have not slept on it - but my BIL swears by it. He got up 4 mornings in a row and commented on how much he liked it. It's nowhere near as padded and covered as the deluxe or whatever the high end SN bed is called but apparently works great. They have come a long way with these air beds. Something to consider. I have to say - I sleep better in the Bounder than I do in my S&B traditional bed and it's no slouch.

Mutants should have the best beds their money can buy. It makes the dream journeys as great as the waking ones.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #1286

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Anyway - it's a nice ride of a video for us mutants who journey less frequently due to work and other obligations. Glad you enjoyed the journey.
RVM2
You make reference to this "work" thing. Others have also mentioned that. Curious ... I'm not accustomed to it.

Once in a while other RVers during the course of conversation will ask what line of work I'm in. I have to stammer and think for a few seconds. Telling them I'm retired sort of skirts their question, but trying to recall what the heck I actually DID for living is tough. It is then that I realize I've reached a state of mind where I forgot the mundane struggling pre-retirement years. Nirvana ... a state of Zen in the fog of non-awareness.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #1287
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post

You are not allowed to sleep. I didn't read the fine print in the charter either. Took a nap and then struggled to catch up to the train. Looking for a way to make a bunch of posts then have the computer fire them off one at a time every fifteen minutes during the night. Sort of like harassing artillery fire.
She's definitely a "Runaway"!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #1288

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Moonrover - I can't wait - but for now - just think of me as contributing to SS so I and others can catch up with you at the campfire. Annie and I will bring our own chairs. Still planning on mid next year. Just made another payment to principal this morning and no regular payment due till Sept. We won't go till it's paid for and I've found that making 3 or 4 regular payments at one time - and then hitting payments to principal works best for me. A little curious how other mutants cleared the decks (or didn't) before hitting the road full time. For us it was 65% down and turning a 20 year note into a 2 year note. Pretty aggressive and keeping close to on schedule. Fingers crossed.