Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #1429

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids View Post
Okay, so paint is more expensive than decals or plain white, and manufacturers want the RV to look expensive--makes sense. Other than looks, is there an advantage to having paint?

And still, why that chocolate shade of brown that I see on so many?
Well, dust and bird poo will show up nicely on a chocolate brown paint job. Brown soaks up more heat from the sun than white. Could be an advantage north of the DEW line.

Good news is that quite possibly the trend will flip around to high gloss white so the new purchasers of the 2015 models can show up as "different".

"Ooooo ... did you see those folks pull in just now with that 45' all white, quad slide, raised top (fill in name here)? I wonder if they are famous, or just incredibly wealthy?"
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #1430

Hey, RVMs!

Trying and failing to follow this monster thread. Who started it anyway?

Tomorrow we go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We were there a few years ago, had a blast, and look forward to the updates. Also, must get pic of Brad (6 foot 1, 205 at 15) next to the the wax of Mick.

I do not qualify as an SOB as there is not a club for Thor and Serrano and have we no plan to change....yet (may mutate?)

I would not qualify if there was a club for rope lights. However, I would gladly be a charter member of the sushi/sashimi club! Or a bacon club, for that matter.

However, I am RVM1. It is a high honor for me! From this, I will never be an SOB.

BTW, there is a growing number of FBP TTs and 5-ers. About the color choices, I think they are trying to mostly emulate the colors mine has

But the various color schemes are getting more varied and are fun to see!

I have FBP as it did not come without it. Beats the bajeebers out of what I had. The way we travel, the rig gathers a protective layer of "patina". But when it is removed (no doubt decreasing the value) it always shines like a new penny! FBP for me from now on!

Where the heck is RVM39? Maybe afraid to have a number that is Jack Benny's age?

Thanks for all the fine posts and pics, you sick twisted freaks! RVMdom has the finest folks.

Dave and Nola RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #1431

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RVM1 - you my mutant friend are responsible for this thread. It all began with you bud, so keep up!!

Not sure if you read that Moonrover won the first official RV Mutant Working Blind Plumber Prize of the Day! With limited and somewhat faulty data he correctly reverse engineered his way into identifying my black water tank. My schematics proved his mutant logic sound and accurate! Bells and Whistles!

Dave, I need you to be on the lookout for bulk bags of Bells and Whistles to be sanctioned as official RVM awards and door prizes for our curiosity. They symbolize high RVM achievement and the many bells and whistles we RVMs don't have and don't miss. Whenever an RVM is drawn toward the dark light of adding things - they can rattle their bag of bells and whistles as reminder of their mutating journey. No need to buy them and carry them around - when the time comes we'll have delivered to the CG.

Enjoy the R&R Museum! Safe journeys!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #1432

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dave, I need you to be on the lookout for bulk bags of Bells and Whistles to be sanctioned as official RVM awards and door prizes for our curiosity. They symbolize high RVM achievement and the many bells and whistles we RVMs don't have and don't miss. Whenever an RVM is drawn toward the dark light of adding things - they can rattle their bag of bells and whistles as reminder of their mutating journey. No need to buy them and carry them around - when the time comes we'll have delivered to the CG.
RVM2
Could we perhaps find some doohickies to go with the bells & whistles? I don't have any, don't miss them but would sure like to be awarded one.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #1433

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson
Could we perhaps find some doohickies to go with the bells & whistles? I don't have any, don't miss them but would sure like to be awarded one.
Hmmm. Doohickies. Yep I think a bag of Doohickies and Thingamajigs would make a fine award for mutating something useless into something useful. Perhaps the RVM Useful Conversion of Useless Thing Award would be appreciate.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #1434

A one foot segment of rope light could be included in the bag.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #1435

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
RVM Useful Conversion of Useless Thing Award
The UCOUTA........right up there with the EMMY and the OSCAR.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #1436

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Don't for the thingamajigs for the thingamabobs.

Jerry
RVM3
Old 06-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #1437

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson
The UCOUTA........right up there with the EMMY and the OSCAR.
Where did I put that RVM Phraseology and Lexicon? It's around here somewhere. Annie is gone and I can't find anything. Oh well - only 24 more days to go.

Bruce - is that pronounced U 'Cuda as in barracuda?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #1438

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Or is it thingamabobs for the thingamajigs?

Jerry
RVM3
Old 06-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #1439

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc
Don't for the thingamajigs for the thingamabobs.

Jerry
RVM3
Hey Jerry is the big trip still ahead of you? Can't recall the dates...
Old 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #1440

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3322772308.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	41174

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3278921951.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	41175

Bells & whistles
orientaltrading.com

Also has tons of doohickeys and thingamajigs

RVM4
4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #1441

With a "U" as in You couta".

UCOUTA had rope lights, but you didnt need them.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #1442

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kids

Bells & whistles
orientaltrading.com

Also has tons of doohickeys and thingamajigs

RVM4
Thanks RVM4! The next award to be entered in the Lexicon - The RV Mutant Teachers Rule Award. RVMs who display the characteristics and qualities of a good teacher - creativity, nurturing, encouraging and of course sharing knowledge and experiences of interest to RVMs are eligible for this award. The prize will take the form of a useful measuring device.

The mutation goes on!
RVM2

« Trivia | - »