Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #2409

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
I wanted to share these pics with the mutants, and let you know we are in Sioux Falls, SD. The bad thing is that the coolant reservoir has sprung a leak and I have to figure out how I can get it fixed, why the manufacturer used plastic is beyond me I know they all do, but it just doesnt make sense to me.

Anyway tomorrow is a new day.

Cheers !!!
Loved the pictures, you look so happy! Just as all mutants should look.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Dogpatch, did you lasso him with your rope lights?
Wait, wait....(puzzled)
Rope lights have a functional purpose?
(Gasp!)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #2411

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
I wanted to share these pics with the mutants, and let you know we are in Sioux Falls, SD. The bad thing is that the coolant reservoir has sprung a leak and I have to figure out how I can get it fixed, why the manufacturer used plastic is beyond me I know they all do, but it just doesnt make sense to me.

Anyway tomorrow is a new day.

Cheers !!!

Sorry about the tank...but the pictures are great

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #2412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
I had one too. Straight 6, 3 on the column. You couldn't get it to NOT run. With I had it back also.

Is that the one with the engine in the center, right next to you? If so, my brother has/had one. I couldn't get him to turbo it. Not because of lower longevity. It was because he was a cheap money monger.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #2413
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Dogpatch, did you lasso him with your rope lights?
Clothes hanger hook on the end of a broom handle.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #2414

Quote:
Is that the one with the engine in the center, right next to you? If so, my brother has/had one. I couldn't get him to turbo it. Not because of lower longevity. It was because he was a cheap money monger.
Yes, the engine was inside between the two front seats. Had to crawl over it to get in the back. No access from the front. At minimum wage I wouldn't have turbo'd it either then but it was plenty fast enough for me.

Got it second hand from a office supply business, it was a delivery panel van. Nice and light, never did put much weight in it. In those days I hadn't mutated to a full fledged RV yet.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #2415

Yep that's where that little sewing machine of an engine sat. Since my van was not insulated at all, it was ice cold in the winter even with heater on full blast. I remember how easy it was to park in tight spaces ... short wheel base allowed for super tight turning.

Back then I was not deeply concerned about fuel mileage, but I think it was probably pretty darned good. I'm sitting here thinking that it would not take much convincing to get me to go on a hunt for a completely restored '62 Ford van. I'd love to rig it for a toad. Wife would hate forever though. She would sooner walk than ride in my old van.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #2416

Knowing my brother, he probably told the owner that where the motor is causes cancer and they need to give it to him for proper disposal. Yea, he's that way.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
We interrupt this regularly scheduled program to bring you this news flash......

RVM12 wrangles another rattlesnake while attempting to cut his grass.
Where ARE you in BC that you get those? I need to avoid at all costs. Don't like snakes at all, even though I had a corn snake for 10 years to try and get over my phobia. It only worked or that particular snake, It finally died of old age.

BTW, I saw a Crosley at a Cruise In in Middlebury, Indiana last Thursday night. Very neat!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #2418

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
BTW, I saw a Crosley at a Cruise In in Middlebury, Indiana last Thursday night. Very neat!
Catch it and put a SB Chevy in it.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #2419
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Where ARE you in BC that you get those? I need to avoid at all costs. Don't like snakes at all, even though I had a corn snake for 10 years to try and get over my phobia. It only worked or that particular snake, It finally died of old age.

We live in the Okanagan.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #2420

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

We live in the Okanagan.
Translation: Rattlesnake
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #2421

That makes sense! Pretty dry there. Couldn't imagine rattlers on Vancouver Island, lol. Will be back to work when I get home next week in Ontario for VIHA (Vancouver Island Hospital Association) via the magic of the Internet.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #2422

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning my fellow mutants! Been a while since I posted a ponder. So here goes:

“Too often. . .I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.” – Louis L’Amour

Been years since I read my dads Louie L'Amour books so when I came across the above lots of things came to mind. But of course the RVM way was right there - slow down, see and enjoy. Let the journey be the destination.

Recently a thread on full time budgeting caught my attention. Full timers budgeting a monthly fuel expense based on an average 1,700+ miles a month. I was taken aback. That seemed like vacation miles to me. Now how far and fast one travels is a personal decision, but knocking off 20,000 miles a year, year after year would be a stretch and a half for me. Too many shoe houses, giant chickens and big balls of string, foil and rubber bands to see. Not to mention a fall High School football game in some small town located next to nowhere.

So mutants - I know many of us are not full time - but we can have thoughts on the matter - that's the beauty of the ponder? So what do ya think? I'm thinking that unless I have to be somewhere - and I plan not to - 1,000 miles a month is too much. Maybe 750 tops, just slow rolling and letting the journey be the destination.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote