Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #2535

We've been rewiring the A-V system in La Bella Rigatoni. Which means DH does the planning and hard work, while I either feed cables or pull them through wherever they need to go. That's mah job.

The system WILL work as he wants it to, or he will.... that mutation would not be pretty!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #2536

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Judy - I didn't feel bad about the $$ at all really. Everything is caught up and since I'm one of those with an ESP it shores up my maintenance beyond any requirements of Freightliner / Cummins. The front side of radiator looked like you could eat off it but having it pulled and cleaned is something I won't have to do again or think about for several years. Same with the Transynd and tranny. Also my engine codes were all pulled - total of 5 - 2 red and all inactive. The two red were turbo controller related and the turbo operation was checked out and good to go. Since I bought her last year I've been looking forward to a good report and got it.

This is one of those knock on wood statements - JINX- you can buy a low mileage used DP and get a good one. Bonita had 16k on her when we bought her last year and that's pretty low for an '08. Fingers crossed, and as you say - a good feeling / priceless to know.

Good luck with a TV solution. I'm sure one is right around the corner. Btw - we like spices. Please post a pic of project. We need a solution too.
RVM2.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #2537

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello Steve,

So something for my fellow mutants to ponder, in an emergency, do you save your coach and risk breaking your tow bar or do risk your MH to save your tow bar ?

Cheers !!!
So, we never heard what brought on this deep ponder. Story, please? We all love a good story!

Cheers!

Sue
Old 08-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #2538
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well my fellow mutants there's good news and bad news concerning Bonita Bounders trip to Freightliner. The bad news is they couldn't replicate my intermittent low beam on the passengers side. So, I had to go up there today and put their hand on the yellow wire which I had described including location to wiggle it for them. Wiggle wiggle - light out. So after about 30 minutes the guy comes and says we cannot fix it today. It is that wire - and it is the connection but what we are looking at is the backside of the harness connection where it goes through the firewall. We will have to get to it from the inside and we close at noon and are closed on Sunday. (Not a 24/7 FL shop). So Bonita was pulled into a bay and left till Monday.

The good news is - no other issues. Radiator pulled and CAC pulled and cleaned. Flushed and filled. MH 3000 - both filters and Os changed and Transynd filled. Tested and solid. Had brakes and air system inspected, all good. 70 point inspection, oil and filter change, and both fuel filters. Air filter pulled inspected ok. Purchased spare oil filter, both fuel filters and gallon of coolant for spares. Wait for it $1812.23. Ouch - but good to go. Can't wait to see what the light fix will run.
RVM2. Attachment 44319
OUCH is right!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #2539

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

OUCH is right!
Haha. Spoken like a man with skills.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #2540

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
One of the horrible things about living in Colorado: We just found out how much our tags are for the 5er. This year, it is $1105. The truck cost us just under $700 this time. And you know that is just for 1 year. Crazy, huh?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #2541
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Haha. Spoken like a man with skills.
As you know, I might have tires to replace. I feel your pain!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #2542

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch

As you know, I might have tires to replace. I feel your pain!
I know and they're coming up for is too. But I wish I had skills and a place to do some of this. I am sure I could have handled the oil change and while I would not relish pouring a little diesel in the fuel filters, could do that too. Just no place to do it. Their 70 point inspection that included that and lube, rear end etc was $245. They had 3.5 hours in on pulling radiator and CAC and flush which I'm sure would have beat my time considerably And yes - it is a dead horse for sure. Like I said - there is some comfort in the good report!

Really hope you get the same results on the new rig. It looks like a great coach and a grand adventure. Hope you can find some time to keep us posted.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #2543

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
One of the horrible things about living in Colorado: We just found out how much our tags are for the 5er. This year, it is $1105. The truck cost us just under $700 this time. And you know that is just for 1 year. Crazy, huh?
Sit down for this info ... Ohio yearly tags for BOTH the bus and toad total = $84

But they don't have the mountain scene like you get with Colorado tags.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #2544
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Sit down for this info ... Ohio yearly tags for BOTH the bus and toad total = $84

But they don't have the mountain scene like you get with Colorado tags.
When you guys speak of tags, that's just the registration?

Up here in Canucksville, we have registration for the RV plus insurance. Reg is only about $112. Insurance on the other hand costs me about $112 a month per year.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #2545
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello Mutants!

Just in case anyone is wondering where I have been the past three days, well we made our trip sans MH and the MKX performed very well. No slow downs on the grades/hills up or down. About 40 miles from or destination a truck kicked up a rock and "starred" the windshield. Highest temperature on the trip was near El Centro at 110 degrees. Cooling indicator never left the middle of the gauge.

However, temperature at this moment is 68 degrees with a humidity of 78%

Hope this finds you all well, and cool. Especially the Boomer friends (if any on this thread).

Lot of reading catching up to do.

Happy trails,
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #2546

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
When you guys speak of tags, that's just the registration?

Up here in Canucksville, we have registration for the RV plus insurance. Reg is only about $112. Insurance on the other hand costs me about $112 a month per year.

That is just to renew the license plates for 1 year. We also have to buy ins. for the Infinity full coverage is about $540 a year, and for the TV it is another $900 a year. And yeah we have pretty scenery, when there isn't any smoke obscuring the view. And I think we need to add some kind of roadside ins, maybe coachnet. Always mutating on things we need. I think you have good deal on taxes in this instance.

Wishing you best of the best good fortune with new 2nd home!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #2547

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Did you see that? I just got mutated to another campfire!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #2548

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne - sorry about the windshield chip - that's a no charge fix on TX Insurance isn't it?

Two words of caution. When you're surfing at Huntington, going left is shooting the pier. It is hard and covered with things that will cheese grate your body. Also, wear plenty of sunscreen.

Have fun!