Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #2689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Had a busy 4 days mutating from and Illinois resident into a South Dakota resident. LOL

Friday Sandee and I got our SD driver's license and started the paperwork to register our MH and CRV in SD. All in prep for mutating into unemployed people.

Also mutating into a one home family! Finally got an offer on our S&B. It is a cash deal so we should be free of S&B headaches in about 3 weeks.

Steve my friend...I wish a $233 gas bill would have raised my bank's concerns for me. LOL I had 2 $300+ fill ups in 4 days! AHHH....bit I confess...it was all good!
Hey, good for you! So glad to hear you have an offer. And the SD licenses. Mutating one step at a time. Those fill ups were all in support of your licenses?

Cheers, neighbors!

Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #2690

We opened a USA bank account affilliated with our Canadian bank that allows use to move money back and forth online and also gives us a USA Visa/debit card. The first time we used it in the states it didn't work! When we finally were able to contact the bank in the States, they said it was stopped because of "unusual activity", Duh, we got it to use it, lol. Even getting hold of the bank was an ordeal. We discovered our prepaid cellphone did not allow roaming, so no cell and every payphone we tried was no longer functional. Finally was able to use an office phone at a campground. Fortunately, we had some cash and our regular Visa card to use until we talked to them. Ended up buying a Verizon prepaid phone for travel in the States and a Verizon prepaid wireless hotspot for our internet access. Now we know we have to call the bank, as well as Visa (who we knew to call), to let them know when we are on the move. I wonder what fulltimers do?
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #2691

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have found it wise to call my Cr Cd companies prior to taking a long journey. I remind them that I am a full time RVer and they will see charges in many states and some hefty gas charges. It also helps to remove your home phone number from their records and use only your cell number so they can actually find you when they forget to read the notes on your acct.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #2692

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey, good for you! So glad to hear you have an offer. And the SD licenses. Mutating one step at a time. Those fill ups were all in support of your licenses?

Cheers, neighbors!

Sue
YEP...the fill ups were in support...kinda. LOL

We had to leave our home base CG because of schedule conflict with the Farm Progress Show this last weekend. We decided that we would use that as an excuse to get-er-done. To get the SD mutation started we had to spend at least 1 night in SD and provide a receipt with our new Alternative Resources address reflecting that stay. So...up we went late Wed, a night in Oxford, IA, 2 nights in Sioux Falls, SD, 1 night back in Kellogg, IA and then home sweet home spot last night.

Alternative Resources is ordering up our titles for the DSDP and our CRV to transfer them to SD but that could take a few weeks to complete. We are thinking of custom plates...DSDP = RV 1 & CRV = TOAD 1. Those are available to us.

Realtor came over last night after we got back and we signed the home offer papers too! It is a cash deal and we have a copy of the letter from the investor's bank stating they have the funds available.

Things are starting to fall into place.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #2693

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ Don - WoW - 2 big events in 4 days!! Congratulations to you both. What about Thor and Gunny - didn't they have to change residency too?

Glad ya sailed smoothly - and fingers crossed on the house. I think we talked Thursday and there wasn't anything on the table. I am as excited for you guys as I am jealous! The brass ring is there for the taking. Great job!

As for fuel - I'm with you. It's an expense we love to hate!
RVM2 - you know the rest... Lol.
Gunny and Thor are dependent children and thus are carried with us into state residency. LOL

Yes...Thursday was NADA but on Friday just after crossing into SD on I-29 the phone rang and we learned of the offer. Was that ironic or what!?

It wouldn't have been so bad but on the return we had serious headwinds. Even at 60 MPH we saw only saw 5.8-6 MPG on the rig's instant MPG calculator. Of course, that was on the few flat areas we had. AHHH...but it is all good!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #2694

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don, great to hear things are lining up, just right, for you and Sandee. I can tell you how offal it is to be circling in a endless holding pattern. Ha

We'll have to group up and catch up on all the changes sometime. I gave Craig and Randy the job of planning our next Cape group gathering or possibly a curiosity of our own. RVM32
Old 08-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #2695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Gunny and Thor are dependent children and thus are carried with us into state residency. LOL

Yes...Thursday was NADA but on Friday just after crossing into SD on I-29 the phone rang and we learned of the offer. Was that ironic or what!?

It wouldn't have been so bad but on the return we had serious headwinds. Even at 60 MPH we saw only saw 5.8-6 MPG on the rig's instant MPG calculator. Of course, that was on the few flat areas we had. AHHH...but it is all good!

Hello Don and Sandee,

And welcome neighbor as well, we did the SD mutation earlier this month with Alternative Resources as well, we were there from August 9th through the 14th, of course while there I found the leaky radiator overflow bottle and had a temporary patch made which only lasted about 500 miles before it blew again, so we kind of limped the MH along until we made it here to AZ. I have decided to bite the bullet and order a new steel tank, and it will arrive in early Sept. But on the way I broke the tow bar and had to await those parts in Ft. Laramie, Wy. Now it is a wonderfully historic place but after 5 days in a town of 230 people we were definitely ready to move on from there.

How many of us mutants are full timers ? and another ponderance that has come to mind is this: why is it that drivers with really expensive cars are always the ones that are the most deficient in their merging skills when entering the highway ? and lastly when is it that they stopped teaching how to merge with traffic in drivers education ?

We have spent nearly $1000.00 in diesel since we left Michigan on July 30th and thankfully it fell within the amount we had budgeted for the journey, now it may seem like alot but I still have 3/4 of a tank left and I wont have to buy diesel again until February of next year, so all of those fuel dollars will just relax in the old bank account until we are ready to use them for the spring jaunt back east. My plan is to take a slow southern route back and visiting some states I have never set foot in before such as AR, LA, AL, and GA before I head up 75 for a visit back in MI to see my kids, grandkids and parents, brothers and sisters.

Cheers to all of you !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #2696

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
We opened a USA bank account affilliated with our Canadian bank that allows use to move money back and forth online and also gives us a USA Visa/debit card. The first time we used it in the states it didn't work! When we finally were able to contact the bank in the States, they said it was stopped because of "unusual activity",
Would they put a stop on the card if it was to pay off a Dr or hospital bill?

For some people that might be an unusual activity. Just pondering.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #2697

Hello!

My name is Dave and I'm an RV Mutant.

There us stuff that I dont have that I dont need.

The Journey is My Destination.

I now pass to the next RVM for their comment or testimonial.

BTW, bacon in the morning, no rope lights tomorrow night.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #2698

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
Hello!

My name is Dave and I'm an RV Mutant.

There us stuff that I dont have that I dont need.

The Journey is My Destination.

I now pass to the next RVM for their comment or testimonial.

BTW, bacon in the morning, no rope lights tomorrow night.
RVM1 - RVM2 here. Thanks for citing the Road to RVMdom. Tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss and declare the journey is your destination. That's all there is too it.

Next Newbie to declare will become RVM45 - with all rights and privileges to the RVMdom.

I still don't and won't have a scare light - along with other things....
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #2699

Re: Unusual activity. I just thought it was bizarre that the card was stopped in the USA, since it was a US account and I was performing the suspicious act of buying food! Still trying to figure out the Dual Visa/debit aspect. Sometimes I was asked to sign like a Visa card and other times had to enter my PIN number. Maybe it depends on which system the merchant uses? On Canadian bank acccounts the debit card is tied to bank account(s) and VISA is a separate entity, i.e. you use one card or the other. To complicate things further, I have a Canadian "Visa/debit" card on my Canadian account that can only be used for online or phone purchases made from companies in the States. I use it like a VISA card but the funds come directly out of my bank account, Curiouser and curiouser!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #2700

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My name is also Dave, (or Dave also if you prefer). Debbie and I have worked for over 5 months getting rid of stuff we had, didn't need, and didn't use. We sin closing tomorrow, and Friday, we will start the Mutation to Full time by living in a hotel for 2 weeks while my wife finishes her job.

I can hardly wait to get me some rope lights, and I already eat Bacon once a week!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #2701

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Also Dave - remember this guy....

Name:   image-3472347791.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  42.8 KB
I hear he's gone full time as well! Lol.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #2702

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes he looks very happy
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote