Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #2815
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl View Post
Thank you so much. We have been reading this for some time and in fact started at the beginning. It is an honor to be part of such a fine intellectual group.
Why I do so thank ya'll. I fit that latter category extremely well. However, these here other mutants - well, you'll find out.

Still miss me Steve?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #2816

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ you know it Wayne - but it was so hot today I was sure you were back in Texas! Have ya been surfing yet? Hang ten?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #2817

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Will do, Steve. Right after a nap. Went kayaking again and am pooped. Sena won't come down to the beach, but Lily LOVES to run in the water and in the sand. She even rode with me in the kayak.

Are there any other mutants who calm water kayak? I'm finding it great fun and a lot more of an upper body workout than I imagined. Not to be cheated, the lower body joins in as I drag the yak to and from the beach.
Another 'yakker here! Great core strengthener and upper body workout.

I got into it 2 years ago while in a Florida KOA for the winter. My back has not been so pain free for years. New kayak, new rack, new seat cushion (altho' it isn't as cool as the one you found!) ... and now my dislocated shoulder may require surgery and a long convalescence. Uh-oh!

By December it may be possible to get back into it. It's a great incentive for rehab!

You'll be in FL for the winter, yes? Gotta be some way to find the same stretch of water to paddle together. Maybe other mutant types, too?

How about it, fellow mutants? Anybody game?

Cheers!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #2818

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ you know it Wayne - but it was so hot today I was sure you were back in Texas! Have ya been surfing yet? Hang ten?
Pondering Wayne on a surfboard is just too big a preponderance, even for me.

Talk about Tsunami potential in a single wipe out.

Wooooeeeeee
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #2819

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Why I do so thank ya'll. I fit that latter category extremely well. However, these here other mutants - well, you'll find out.

Still miss me Steve?

I do understand Master Gunny.....

BUT, being a little off center myself and a wife that makes me look normal, I feel that the mutants will improve my well earned reputation.......
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #2820

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Pondering Wayne on a surfboard is just too big a preponderance for me.

Talk about Tsunami potential in a single wipe out.

Wooooeeeeee

Chery Creek, BC? You are way out of the potential Tsunami from Texas the way I ponder the details, eh?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #2821

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Chery Creek, BC? You are way out of the potential Tsunami from Texas the way I ponder the details, eh?
No, not really. Wayne's snuck out to the wesy coast in Californee and iffn he fell there we'd have another Tsunami to rival the one what got us coming down from Alaska in '64.

The Alberni Inlet is in an even more direct route with Wayne than she was for the biggy in Alaska, way back when.

I just called our emergency watch Tsunami Alert people and had them ramp up the warning level to "WAYNE ALERT"

Like we need more lerts on the west coast.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #2822

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh my! a new RVM! and on National bacon day too. Honored to make your acquaintance RVM46. Welcome, welcome.

As to kayak paddling, I have been tempted to do such a thing, but wonder if I am too ancient in the bone, to be trying such. Is this a very strenuous endeavor? I know how to swim, and paddle canoe, but haven't done that for eons. How hard is this sport? I saw many plastic kayak things at the new Cabelas, and wondered if it was something I would appear foolish in trying. Not that I'm real concerned about that, but really how hard is it?
Barb, you seem to be doing lots of this activity, can you advise?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #2823

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Fair enough.... but I thought the waves would go toward Cuber and Pa mamma way....

I've only made it to BC six or seven times and it goes to show I was lost every time for sure.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #2824

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
Oh my! a new RVM! and on National bacon day too. Honored to make your acquaintance RVM46. Welcome, welcome.

As to kayak paddling, I have been tempted to do such a thing, but wonder if I am too ancient in the bone, to be trying such. Is this a very strenuous endeavor? I know how to swim, and paddle canoe, but haven't done that for eons. How hard is this sport? I saw many plastic kayak things at the new Cabelas, and wondered if it was something I would appear foolish in trying. Not that I'm real concerned about that, but really how hard is it?

Thank ya; thank ya. Fitting to join on National Bacon day as I am a good friend of PORK and have enough bacon around my waist to prove it.....

Kayak, work. No not really much work once ya get it strapped on top of the rig. No work until you think about taking it down and then remember how much fun it was to put it there and change you mind.

That said, I need to ponder the implications of this situation.......
Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #2825

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post

You could do as I do. Kayak like crazy swinging that double paddle like mad and the whole time relying on the 30# thrust electric motor for propulsion and the rudder at the back for steering.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #2826
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OMG! I have finally discovered what is wrong with a Mutant's brain.

On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #2827

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
A well thought out plan for sure.... Well done, mate....
Old 08-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #2828

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Fair enough.... but I thought the waves would go toward Cuber and Pa mamma way....
Even if they went Pa Mamma way they'd head out the canal and start north. I have trouble eluding big tidal waves.
Quote:

I've only made it to BC six or seven times and it goes to show I was lost every time for sure.
Cherry Creek is just above Port Alberni on Vancouver island. If you went to Ucluelet, Long Beach or Tofino, you passed by within a mile of us.