Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #2829

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Even if they went Pa Mamma way they'd head out the canal and start north. I have trouble eluding big tidal waves.

Cherry Creek is just above Port Alberni on Vancouver island. If you went to Ucluelet, Long Beach or Tofino, you passed by within a mile of us.

Didn't make it out to the island. Working for the RCMP and they don't let me have fun.

Looked it up and must say, good show. Looks like a place I must take the rig........
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #2830
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
^^^ you know it Wayne - but it was so hot today I was sure you were back in Texas! Have ya been surfing yet? Hang ten?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrushl View Post
Chery Creek, BC? You are way out of the potential Tsunami from Texas the way I ponder the details, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
No, not really. Wayne's snuck out to the wesy coast in Californee and iffn he fell there we'd have another Tsunami to rival the one what got us coming down from Alaska in '64.

The Alberni Inlet is in an even more direct route with Wayne than she was for the biggy in Alaska, way back when.

I just called our emergency watch Tsunami Alert people and had them ramp up the warning level to "WAYNE ALERT"

Like we need more lerts on the west coast.
Quote:
Fair enough.... but I thought the waves would go toward Cuber and Pa mamma way....

I've only made it to BC six or seven times and it goes to show I was lost every time for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
OMG! I have finally discovered what is wrong with a Mutant's brain.

On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left.
Ya'll remind me of one day when I was out in the back yard doing something and when I stood up I took in a deep breath. My son said, "Dad, you're out of shape!" I had to remind him that ROUND IS A SHAPE.

Oh my! Oh my, I missed going to the Gym today. That's five years in a row! Oh my!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #2831

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ya'll remind me of one day when I was out in the back yard doing something and when I stood up I took in a deep breath. My son said, "Dad, you're out of shape!" I had to remind him that ROUND IS A SHAPE.

Oh my! Oh my, I missed going to the Gym today. That's five years in a row! Oh my!

Round is a PERFECT shape and one we have earned. Don't start going to the gym now. I am always hearing about people getting muscle pulls and such at the gym.

I don't need to go anywhere to pull a muscle......

Me, I think about going for a run, but I haven't done that for nine years and a stroke. I lost part of my mind when I had the stroke, but not the part that reminds me that running is for cowards and means they will just die tired anyway. I don't want to die tired......
thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #2832
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can't even walk far, no need to worry about ME running.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #2833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

Another 'yakker here! Great core strengthener and upper body workout.

You'll be in FL for the winter, yes? Gotta be some way to find the same stretch of water to paddle together. Maybe other mutant types, too?

How about it, fellow mutants? Anybody game?

Cheers!
We kayak !! And will eventually wander over to central Florida. May be there by mid-Nov. How about the Suwannee(sp?) River? Or maybe the Cedar Key area? It's always fun to kayak with a group especially if gators are around.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #2834

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can't believe I did not make the connection between National Bacon Day and seeing this today (another view) Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3141525925.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	507.3 KB
ID:	45124
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #2835

Quote:
OMG! I have finally discovered what is wrong with a Mutant's brain.

On the left side there is nothing right, and on the right side there is nothing left.
No wonder my left hand often doesn't know what my right is doing...!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #2836

I have a T-shirt that says: If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body... then only left handed people are in their right mind.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #2837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I have a T-shirt that says: If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body... then only left handed people are in their right mind.
. I'm not so sure Dunner. I'm left handed but my DW says I'm not even close to to being in my right mind, and most agree with her.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #2838

Quote:

Thank you so much. We have been reading this for some time and in fact started at the beginning. It is an honor to be part of such a fine intellectual group.
And we are honored to have you with us in RVMdom. With each new RVM, we gain in more variety to the Curiosity, more depth to the Ponderances, more flavor to the bacon.

When a full Curiosity is gathered one fine day, it is certain that everyone in RVMdom will have a grand time, but we cannot predict the total cumulative rope light length that will be displayed, nor the variety and poundage of bacon consumed.

It is good to contemplate such a wonderful dilema!

Nola and I are in full-fledged family time mode through Monday, and begin our next "Journey is Our Destination" on Tuesday. This year, Colorado is the beginning.

Again, welcome RVM46!
And Happy Trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #2839

iRV2 No Limits Club
We mutants have a wide variety of interests.
One thing I like is local history and how people lived generations before us.

If there are other mutants that have a same interest, I will recommended the following to you:

The Foxfire Fund, Inc.

We visited the museum several weeks ago and enjoyed their village.
It must have been 25 years a go that I read their first series of Foxfire books,
written by the High School Students ( check the web-site for that history).

Foxfire Museum Gift Shop - The Foxfire Series

I grabbed one of their Cook Books. This is as much a history book as it is a cook book. Very interesting reading about life and great food!

Smokehouse Ham, Spoon Bread, and Scuppernong Wine

I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just find it interesting and hope other mutants do also.

Foxfire (The Foxfire Fund, Inc.) is a not-for-profit, educational and literary organization based in Rabun County, Georgia.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #2840

We will be stopping in Cedar Key for 2 nights this winter on our way further south to Ft Myers. This is a reconnisance trip sans RV. Wll be staying at the Low Key Hideaway Motel & RV Resort in Cedar Key, then on to Seminole Campground in North Ft Myers for last 2 weeks of January (renting a trailer there) and then for a week on the other side at Coral Sands RV Resort & Hotel. Hoping to connect with Suespinz and Martin for another Curiosity! I have a small flatwater kayak, but will rent one down there. Maybe just take my nice double paddle and lifejacket.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #2841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
We mutants have a wide variety of interests.
One thing I like is local history and how people lived generations before us.

If there are other mutants that have a same interest, I will recommended the following to you:

The Foxfire Fund, Inc.

We visited the museum several weeks ago and enjoyed their village.
It must have been 25 years a go that I read their first series of Foxfire books,
written by the High School Students ( check the web-site for that history).

Foxfire Museum Gift Shop - The Foxfire Series

I grabbed one of their Cook Books. This is as much a history book as it is a cook book. Very interesting reading about life and great food!

Smokehouse Ham, Spoon Bread, and Scuppernong Wine

I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just find it interesting and hope other mutants do also.

Foxfire (The Foxfire Fund, Inc.) is a not-for-profit, educational and literary organization based in Rabun County, Georgia.
Well, Oldme, I like this and may need to dally there for a bit next Spring.
Thanks!
Old 09-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #2842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
It is truly a quandry, a complete booger actually, when a T-shirt is correct in a philosophical manner.

I have a left handed sister. Mom called the rest of us "not quite right in the head".