Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #3263
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic View Post
Why yes I am
to those that haven't seen it I present the "U-RV" (1/2U-haul-1/2RV)
or the (U build it RV)
The door is now painted and it looks much better.
That is really cool-- was it expensive to find a truck to do up yourself?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #3264

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Wishing a good rest to you both!
And one day you will not need to unload!
Thanks RVM1 - mostly dry goods which will need to be replenished from time to time anyway. We did have to bring up clothes - but we pretty much could leave at the drop of a hat anytime. Just wish the hat would drop.

Sparky and Annie are doing most of the work. They say hello to all mutants and especially to RVM mascots. Sparky has perched himself in his resting spot and barking at me to do start the engine and roll. He doesn't understand why we can't leave today. Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3629901907.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	503.1 KB
ID:	46129
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #3265

An RVM ponderance:

There are times when the actions of others that I witness cause me to mutter under my breath, "how can you be so stupid?"

And now, it appears, some may have heard me and are taking those words as a challenge.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #3266

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS

I also want very much to be a RVM!

Hubby is still renovating the RV he bought us-- the goal is to keep the inside as open as possible. Many compromises, mostly me saying yes to what he is determined to do anyway.

Someday when it is just me, I'm going to turn it into MY personal kind of space and bug the grandkids by showing up at odd times.
Many greetings and mutant salutations KAS. You have opened your mind and heart to the RVM community letting all who read these pages that your RV doesn't have some things and you don't miss them. You are hereby and hereafter to be aka RVM49! All rights and privileges bestowed.

Welcome KAS - RVM49 fellow mutants!
Gotta work now.
RVM2
Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #3267

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post

Hubby is still renovating the RV he bought us-- the goal is to keep the inside as open as possible. Many compromises, mostly me saying yes to what he is determined to do anyway.

Someday when it is just me, I'm going to turn it into MY personal kind of space and bug the grandkids by showing up at odd times.
Hi, KAS --

I understand the compromise issue. We have to pick our battles, don't we? And yes, if & when it's just you (or me) the space will mutate to become molded to you.

As for becoming an RVM, our fearless leader is pretty busy getting ready to head out, but eventually he will get back to you.

I can't do anything official, but will tell you that one of the 2 requirements is to tell us what you don't have, don't need, and don't miss. That may or may not include rope lights, bacon, cedar closet lining, outdoor kitchen ... whatever.

Flagship1 (RVM2) will tell you the rest when he gets here.

In the meantime, I'll offer you a pre-official welcome, and hope you qualify. So far it sounds pretty tough, eh?

Cheers!
Sue
Old 09-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #3268
KAS

yeah, I feel that way, I do some of my best thinking behind the wheel. I enjoy moving down the road, and settling into a pretty spot, but not having to be tied to a place. I am SO ready to part with the house and hit the road, and we are SO far from having all the dominoes lined up to do it-- but we will get there!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #3269

Quote:

Howdy, KAS!
Your "tude" here on the thread and in your PM to me make it very clear that you are truly and RVM!!! To top it off, your signatures states, "nothing fancy, just fun".

So, WELCOME to KAS, RVM49.

You are now free to wander throughout RVMdom!

Dave and Nola
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #3270

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ - Sue - Sparky and Annie are carrying my water. Actually - if I tried to put anything anywhere I would find myself learning why something else belongs there. The drivers seat is my domain - but only because she says so. As soon as I teach her the basics I will probably wake up one day from napping in my Strongback chair to an empty campsite. Kidding of course - but still - her castle - her arrangement. Annie loves setting up house. Me - I'd toss it all in the rear bath - hit the road and arrange when I landed. I do have the outside bays at my command.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #3271

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
KAS welcome to the mutant family! A lot of the fun of planning your journey will keep you occupied until the dominoes are ready to be knocked over.... Then the real fun begins. Be sure and remind your DH to make special room for the bacon!

RVM31
Old 09-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #3272
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
KAS welcome to the mutant family! A lot of the fun of planning your journey will keep you occupied until the dominoes are ready to be knocked over.... Then the real fun begins. Be sure and remind your DH to make special room for the bacon!

RVM31
So, what number does this make me? --nevermind, I guess I am #49!-- I don't have slide outs and don't want them, I don't have a central vac and don't miss it. I don't have an outdoor kitchen and don't miss that either!

I like our RV, will like it even better when the wiring and everything is all finished, the roof sealed up properly again, and the basic repairs done. It will be a big open space with a bathroom interrupting it. LOL!

I want to create a really compact kitchen and make the back "room" into a bunkspace or a livingroom. I intend to keep the front area open for now. Hubby already picked up reclining van seats to add for passengers so everyone can be buckled up.

I plan to full time with children and dogs!

RVM# ??
Old 09-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #3273
KAS

So close! I was hoping to be 50 LOL

now to remember how to add to my sig file...
Old 09-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #3274
KAS

Plenty of room for bacon, hubby already purchased a freezer that will run off the solar that it appears we may end up having so we can boondock with power.

I need a good hook-up for my laptop, lights for reading, a simple kitchen and bath and a flat spot to roll out the sleeping mat-- add some book storage because I love them, a travel-crate for the dog, and just enough cash to move down the road and do repairs-- life is plenty good!

The RV has no TV right now. It might get one for evening movies. It also might not!

Gary likes his meals home cooked, so there will be a tidy little kitchen and food storage. I'm not a clothing person, I like layering for colder weather so my base-layer tends to be the same five outfits year round. Eccentric but comfortable!

I'm no musician but like strumming my autoharp. Maybe someday I'll actually know how to play it!

This is a fun thread, I've a chunk I haven't yet read in the middle, going to go read that now.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #3275
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
One of the horrible things about living in Colorado: We just found out how much our tags are for the 5er. This year, it is $1105. The truck cost us just under $700 this time. And you know that is just for 1 year. Crazy, huh?
JUST for the little sticker???????

That is ridiculous!

I'm glad we are keeping TX as domicile when we head out-- been here 30+ years and have grown used to lower costs of living. Still, I am SO looking forward to visiting cold places, like hubby's family's cabin in CO-- I just don't think we can afford the cost of living up there or we'd move.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #3276

Quote:
Plenty of room for bacon, hubby already purchased a freezer that will run off the solar that it appears we may end up having so we can boondock with power.

I need a good hook-up for my laptop, lights for reading, a simple kitchen and bath and a flat spot to roll out the sleeping mat-- add some book storage because I love them, a travel-crate for the dog, and just enough cash to move down the road and do repairs-- life is plenty good!

The RV has no TV right now. It might get one for evening movies. It also might not!

Gary likes his meals home cooked, so there will be a tidy little kitchen and food storage. I'm not a clothing person, I like layering for colder weather so my base-layer tends to be the same five outfits year round. Eccentric but comfortable!

I'm no musician but like strumming my autoharp. Maybe someday I'll actually know how to play it!

This is a fun thread, I've a chunk I haven't yet read in the middle, going to go read that now.
Mm-hmmm ... an Autoharp. With my lap dulcimer & some other RVM's guitar (who?) we could quite a nice Curiosity. We could either entertain or drive away the neighbors. ;D

Speaking of which, keep an eye out for a guy who owns 2 Model Ts and drives them around town some. Wave and say, "Hi, Art!" He's a friend of ours in your town.

Cheers!
Sue