Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #3361

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

The journey makes the craziness bearable, eh? This too shall pass!

Ye Olde Slide is still half slid. Papa Thor is thinking to send out a repair team. We don't have a date yet, and have been planning to attend a weekend rally. That means they pretty much only have W. & Th. this week, so I doubt we'll see them before next week.

We can still take off, though. Never let details get in the way of the journey!

Keep meditating, please. Maybe it will work for both of us.

Cheers!
Sue
You and all mutants with slides are under my mutant slide meditation umbrella.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #3362
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And what do you do with those venomous vipers after their photo shoot, Les?
I covered the pail with a towel, wired it on and drove them about 5 miles out into the country and set them free.

While driving the second bigger one out there, I had my window down and the wind blew my shoelace against my leg and I near crapped my pants as I thought the snake got loose!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #3363

Lol that would suck

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #3364
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post
Lol that would suck
Didn't mean to butt in on your snake story. You got bit. I didn't. WAY more excitement!
Old 09-17-2013, 07:29 AM   #3365

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Didn't mean to butt in on your snake story. You got bit. I didn't. WAY more excitement!
Yes but I much rather have your story but it caught me not paying attention. and I know better so it was my fault.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #3366

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed

Yes but I much rather have your story but it caught me not paying attention. and I know better so it was my fault.
How are ya today.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #3367
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed View Post
We've lived here for 9 years and never saw any snakes except a small green snake. Then two rattlers in a week.

My wife refuses to go out in the yard now.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #3368

Ponder: We know what it's like to be under the weather. I'm curious what it's like to be Over the weather.

Ah, Sky_Boss will say it's better flying.

Off to ponder some more.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #3369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ponder: We know what it's like to be under the weather. I'm curious what it's like to be Over the weather.

Off to ponder some more.
Yeah, and furthermore, just how high does the weather go? I mean, like I've flown really way up there and still had to be concerned about weather. Also "whether". As in whether or not I was going to make it down safely.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #3370

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

Off to ponder some more.
Once upon a time I would have. My first solo IFR flight from Champaign, IL to Rockford, IL I climbed out on a dreary overcast day and at about 4500' busted through the tops and had to put my sunglasses on. I looked out to see the most amazingly flat cloud tops and my shadow passing over them. I was thinking to myself that THIS is why I got my instrument ticket. OOOO YAAAA

Sadly, the days of the $40 hamburger run are over. Jumping into a plane to put on an hour of flight time just...well...because you wanted to got too expensive.

HOWEVER...I don't miss that because I have have a lovely wife of 23 years, transitioned from the skyways to the highways, and dream of the days in the near future where she and our GSDs can turn the key and go where we want to. Soon...very soon.

While I enjoyed my time flying it has passed. Besides, my MH is more complex than any plane I flew and keeps me on my toes and busy tinkering with it. Also...while at times the view from the air can be thrilling, it ain't home. I now have a home with a moving picture window to change the view when we want to.

Does that renew my RVM creds?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #3371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post

Once upon a time I would have. My first solo IFR flight from Champaign, IL to Rockford, IL I climbed out on a dreary overcast day and at about 4500' busted through the tops and had to put my sunglasses on. I looked out to see the most amazingly flat cloud tops and my shadow passing over them. I was thinking to myself that THIS is why I got my instrument ticket. OOOO YAAAA

Sadly, the days of the $40 hamburger run are over. Jumping into a plane to put on an hour of flight time just...well...because you wanted to got too expensive.

HOWEVER...I don't miss that because I have have a lovely wife of 23 years, transitioned from the skyways to the highways, and dream of the days in the near future where she and our GSDs can turn the key and go where we want to. Soon...very soon.

While I enjoyed my time flying it has passed. Besides, my MH is more complex than any plane I flew and keeps me on my toes and busy tinkering with it. Also...while at times the view from the air can be thrilling, it ain't home. I now have a home with a moving picture window to change the view when we want to.

Does that renew my RVM creds?
You betcha, yah sure!

Sorry, but I tink I landed in Lake Woebegone. Havin' hot dish for supper, too, you betcha.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #3372

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I've been reunited, reconnected, redirected, and restricted, so I resemble all remarks, and rejoinders resounding about these hereabouts lately. It seems the mutants are redoubling their efforts to amaze in the maze of linguistics growing corn high here.

So another oddity just occurred here at RVM Central. I channel hopped and landed on the Antique Roadshow for a segment on Collectible Automobile Mascots - which turns out is the correct name for hood ornaments on collectible cars. Seems there is a rich history of motor mascots not only among RV mutants but car collectors as well. Perhaps one day years from now, Mort, Rocky, PTs Beaver, Sparky and the rest will be highly valued when they turn up on the Antique Mutant Roadshow.
RVM2
Hah !!!

They will have to peel Theodore out of my cold dead fingers ....

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #3373

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hah !!!

They will have to peel Theodore out of my cold dead fingers ....

Cheers !!!
How could Theodores name have slipped my mind? Many apologies!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:07 AM   #3374

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
How could Theodores name have slipped my mind? Many apologies!
Hey Steve,

No Worries, Theodore, not to be confused with Beaver Cleaver, hasnt been around that long, so forgetting his name for a moment is perfectly fine, and besides you are getting ready for an adventure and doing a newsletter and still working ... ... so I can understand why his name would slip your mind. Keep your chin up and your eyes clear and you cup full of drinking cheer, soon you will no longer have to pack for each trip, soon you and yours will always be on the trip, just adding groceries when needed.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote