Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #3459

GF thinks rinds are disgusting. Oh well... more for me.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #3460

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
GF thinks rinds are disgusting. Oh well... more for me.
They are only disgusting until the Tabasco hits em. After that - oh yeah!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #3461

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz

Let me at 'em! One of my favorite foods (?!) in all this world, but I've never seen it in those enormous Utz jars. Oooh, you've done it now: made me hungry! No fair! I cry foul!

Gotta go fry some Bacon.
We can sometimes find vendors with little piggy rinds - four rinds per back in big bags. Mostly at Mexican Markets like Fiesta and country stores. Off the charts - all natural - and not on my diet but cannot resist.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #3462

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
I suppose it would depend on 'when' since we to stay a tad far form there during the colder months.
It's Sept. 14 thru 20, 2014 IRV2 National Rally. Like I said, good place for a curiosity to break out.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #3463

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ahhh. Nice pic! You must have been at Royal View CG.
As time goes, more paths will cross and Curiosities will be more abundant.

Today, a wonderful drive up to Cripple Creek and a ride on the Narrow Gauge RR.
The 9600 ft al-tee-tood started to get to us after a few hours. Now down at 6400.

No, it is NOT possible to ride too many trains!

Attachment 46368
Got CG correct, must ride train ups Pikes Peek, don't worry about the altitude, they have fresh Donuts and coffee at top. Just hope engineer knows when to stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	429.5 KB
ID:	46382  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #3464

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
With you on that!
And happy BD to RVM Mascot1. She is 4 months older than my grandson!

I too look forward to meeting Sena, as well as all of the RVMs and their mascots.

This thread is only a bit over 5 months young, and all of the RVMish stuff that has been devised so far is astounding. Must be cuz RVMs have a unique enthusiasm for the freedom, the journey, and and darndest awesome positive attitudes I have ever known.

The creative stuff and mascots and pure sillyness doesnt hurt us either!

My thanks to you all.

End of expound. No eduMutation intended.

Dave
PS: but speaking of bacon...
Attachment 46377
Dave !!!!,

Dont show those !!! they make me crazy, love em to death, when I used to work for a living there was a bar we would hit after work for a drink before heading home and they fried those old pork rinds up hot and fresh, you really had to make yourself go to get away from them I mean geeesssshhhh you could just munch on them like candy now if I ever found a place that would fry them up fresh again it would be hard to pass them by, I bet the DW would even learn to drive the coach just to make sure we didnt stop, course she's looking out for me in a healthy way and all of that, but a little dalliance couldnt be bad, could it ?

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #3465

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post

It's Sept. 14 thru 20, 2014 IRV2 National Rally. Like I said, good place for a curiosity to break out.
I second the notion! If we concentrate reeeeally hard (Ommmmm), we should be able to pull together a great Curiosity on the Beach.

Wonder if there will be a full moon that week. Mutant minds need to know.

I ponder as I wander....

Cheers!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #3466

Quote:
Got CG correct, must ride train ups Pikes Peek, don't worry about the altitude, they have fresh Donuts and coffee at top. Just hope engineer knows when to stop.

Hey Hunt,

Pikes Peak is fantastic, the last time I was there was in 1999, Im sure it hasnt changed much, except maybe where the earth was scorched a bit from the fires, but I still wouldnt trade the view for all the tea in China.

I remember when the DW and I were there, it was long before we became FT, the trip up was incredible and at one point the snowdrifts that were left were still taller than the top of the train we were riding in.

Im going to have to go back and ride that ole Cog Railroad again, for ole times sake.

Cheers !!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

Dogpatch is heading to some hot springs in Canada. We will be heading to Marble Falls for a week and a week in Kerrville. Have not been to gorge but have nearly gorged on bacon before. Been to Hot Springs Ar and in Thermopiles and Yellowstone, and believe it was Alpine, just outside Jacksons Hole. Can't pass up a good spring - hot or cold. We will be seeking BBQ in the Hill Country and have some for you.
Steve, if you are in Hill Country, check out Dripping Springs for a great bakery. It's called Enough Thyme and Dough. We went there 2 years in a row, but have missed recently. You have to get there fairly early or most things sell out, but they serve lunches and coffee most of the day.

My favorite coffee mug (since broken) came from there. <very sad!> I have to go back!

As for the actual springs? I think they now run under the sidewalk, but some local may be able to give you an accurate story on that.

Let us know if you get there in your ramblings, willya?

Cheers!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #3468

Quote:

Wow,

So its really official and set in stone and all of that ? We could do it, June we have to be in Michigan and I bet we could hang out on the east coast until September, I bet I could even get to spend time at Gettysburg and the and all kinds of places along the way to Myrtle Beach.

Cheers !!!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #3469

Ah, yes, Pikes Peak! I remember it well -- well, as well as a small child can. My main memory is that the road was so steep our little old Plymouth couldn't make it going forward, so Daddy reversed all the way up. (Yes, he was stubborn.) Let's see; that would have been in the late 40s.

Somehow, I don't think a 40' MH would make it either. The train? I'd love to do that.

Cheers!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #3470

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Waiting an entire year to have our first Mass Curiosity just doesn't seem quite right. I'd like to throw out a suggestion, just to see how well it floats.

My favorite place -- so far, is Southern Utah. The landscape there is truly mutant. I was there in early May, 2012. Although the nights were chilly (GREAT campfire weather) the days only required a sweater or light windbreaker. There are several National Parks -- Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, etc. plus it is often a stopover for RVers who leave the AZ heat after wintering in the Quartsite and Yuma areas.

I propose that we consider an early May 2014 Curiosity in the Bryce Canyon area. There are several campgrounds in and near the park as well as TONS of good boondocking areas just outside the park. It is not busy until later in May.

Bryce Canyon National Park - Bryce Canyon National Park

Thoughts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #3471

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Waiting an entire year to have our first Mass Curiosity just doesn't seem quite right. I'd like to throw out a suggestion, just to see how well it floats.

My favorite place -- so far, is Southern Utah. The landscape there is truly mutant. I was there in early May, 2012. Although the nights were chilly (GREAT campfire weather) the days only required a sweater or light windbreaker. There are several National Parks -- Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, etc. plus it is often a stopover for RVers who leave the AZ heat after wintering in the Quartsite and Yuma areas.

I propose that we consider an early May 2014 Curiosity in the Bryce Canyon area. There are several campgrounds in and near the park as well as TONS of good boondocking areas just outside the park. It is not busy until later in May.

Thoughts?

Well,

Anything is possible, we will be in Apache Junction until early February and then to Quartzite and then to Yuma for at least a month, from there we are open until our niece graduates in June. Im not going to hurry anyplace now that the nephew on the DW's side is married off.

Late April or early May ???

Cheers !!!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #3472

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Thoughts?
Hmmm. Early May might work for us, although we will be recently returned to the S&B from FL, and might have trouble with another long drive so soon. I might like to, but DH might be a bit harder to shift.

Sand in my shoes: ready to go anytime!

Cheers!