Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #4117

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
If we toad a bigger PU, Barb's toad would almost fit in the back like a golf cart.
I've seen pics of a Smart Car that rested sideways on one of those really big trucks that some use to tow a 5th Wheel. They had ramps made so the car could drive up to the flat bed in front of where the 5er connects.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #4118

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
...... Comet cleanser around her tires and connections. When she saw the look on my face she explained that it kept the ants out of her coach. Anyone else heard of this? ....
Oh yes, never leave home without it. We learned the lesson at Summerville Lake in Texas. I also slathered Vaseline on the electric and water lines in a short section just before they entered the bus. Little ants got stuck and put the word out for the main attacking force to turn back.

The ants in that area were called Argentine Ants. About half the size of a Fire Ant. Once the Argentines get inside, you can get sticky fly paper stuff that lays down on window sills, under cabinets, hidden crawl-ways, etc. However, this may not turn out well with a curious monkey on board.
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #4119
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, I'm worried! Since the inception of our Grand Curiosity there have been very few non curiosity post. So what's the worry? It's looking like we could have an implosion with all this site jockeying.

Welcome, Smithers, jump on end, we need some new world problems to solve. This group works for Bacon!
The Grand Curiosity Jockeying has taken over and filled my email. Had to bow out for a while.
Not to mention I am a bit preoccupied with finding out my Mom has cancer and been dealing with that. Flew home to be with her for a few days to find out what's what and what's to come. Lots of tests right now.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #4120
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The last time I stayed in a campground, the woman next door was sprinkling Comet cleanser around her tires and connections. When she saw the look on my face she explained that it kept the ants out of her coach. Anyone else heard of this?

I used Amdro in a broadcast spreader last winter to keep Florida fire ants away from my spot. It doesn't work fast, but I didn't get bit again during the last 4 months I was there. My first night they chewed my feet up! It's not wise to step in a fire ant mound wearing crocs.
Two other ant remedies.

Baking soda or Borax and Icing Sugar. They can't separate the two.

Cornmeal.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #4121

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
The Grand Curiosity Jockeying has taken over and filled my email. Had to bow out for a while.
Not to mention I am a bit preoccupied with finding out my Mom has cancer and been dealing with that. Flew home to be with her for a few days to find out what's what and what's to come. Lots of tests right now.
Sorry to here the news, the c word strikes fear in all. Hopefully it will be one that's caught early and fully treatable.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #4122

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just pondering, will rope lights strung around coach keep ants out?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #4123

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just pondering, will rope lights strung around coach keep ants out?
Uh, well not sure. However it may just be a better lighted path for them to operate 24/7. On top of that they might appreciate a heated walkway into the RV via the rope lights and electric cord. Then you could also get some of those sequentially flashing (chasing) variable color rope light strings ... which would drive the ants crazy.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #4124

Dogpatch ... Good luck to your Mom, you, and family. It is a battle that none of us seek out, but all must strike quickly to get a cure started. Keep us updated.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #4125

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dogpatch Barb and I are so sorry to hear this bad news about your mom. We know your pain because we both have had to deal with this stuff. I hope she has a strong support network around her because contrary to what a lot of people think, cancer is a community disease affecting not only the patient but the caregivers as well. Hang in there bud and we will pray for her and your entire family. MSG. Me if you ever need to just talk it out.... I'm a good listener and have counciled others many times. Also, from my experience, knowledge is power. Have her be very pro-active in her treatment. Research reduces some of the fear and helps. God bless her and your family!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #4126

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Les - the RVMdom sends up the universal Ommm Ommm Perfect Health Ommm to your mom. We are all here for you and your family on this journey. Keep in touch and let us know how things are going.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #4127
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Thanks all for the kind words. Mom is 82. Tough as nails.
So far we know it's an operable spot on her lung. Tests ongoing for heart stress to see if she can stand the surgery and Bone scan to see if it's anywhere else. If it has then we have to rethink what to do.

Sorry to rain on the grand curiosity, just something I'm dealing with.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #4128

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ - Les - I'd almost bet there isn't a mutant that hasn't been visited or in someway touched by this - so we are all dealing with it right along with you. You are not traveling this one alone like a certain drive from Phoenix. I think you have it, but my ph # is coming your way.
Steve and Annie
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #4129

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Les, sorry to hear about Mom. You are in our thoughts.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #4130

Since the C word came up.... Some, but not all know this.

Sore throat wouldn't go away, so I went in for a throat biopsy. It found throat cancer last January. Almost daily visits with different Dr. 6 weeks daily radiation (only took 15 minutes) and Chemo every Thursday for 6 weeks. Didn't get the nausea, but taste buds took a vacation and are just now coming back. Lost ~30 lbs. I'm around 104 right now. Extreme dry mouth. Energy level sucks and I get tired easily. Hair has grown back except below the chin line I always kept trimmed real short anyway. I know I should be exercising, but I've always been lazy. Some of you already knew, but now everybody does. Ask away... I have nothing to hide. Now all of you know how much a mutant I am. It showed clear May 13th. I still have to go for follow-up PEP/CTI/MRI scans. in Nov.

Thanks for all the good words and prayers.

I've cut down smoking from 3 packs a day to , <1 cigarette a day using the patches and putting the smokes out of site did it.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote