Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #4215

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Anyone wanna know why Denise and I just cut up our sears cards? BTW we do not owe them a dime.
Sure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 05:37 PM   #4216

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ditto brother! But I had to learn the hard way . When I was younger I got myself chained to them suckers. I cut em up into little pieces and paid em off finally vowed never again. If I can't pay cash.... I don't need it. Coach is almost paid for then I'm home free!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #4217

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
So I accidently got to the first post in this here mutant thread of ours and was laughing by the time I got through the list....
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Have none of that but a spare tire and the only fridge/freezer we have is pretty mini... 3ftx4ft maybe? I think I'm the dishwasher...I don't even know what scan Guage and diamond shield are... it all just hit my funny bone this time... that's all. Just thought I'd tell ya.
Hi Marty,

So how did things go with your Honey project today ? Marcia and I are wishing you the best on it.

As far as the list of have and dont have's well some things I have and some I dont, the ones I dont have I dont miss. I think thats why I began reading this thread in the first place and how I ended up becoming RVM 39, this is a fantastically mutated group of mutants.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #4218

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post

The temps sound great for April, is there a place where we can get firewood for campfires, since Marcia and I dont do a lot of campfires it sounds very relaxing to be able to have one, and besides what better way to while away the evening hours with an adult beverage and the company of good friends and talking about different places we've been to.

Cheers !!!
Campfires! Each site does have a fire ring maybe 3 ft round with shelf for cooking. Problem may be the amount of lawn chair space surrounding the campfires may not accommodate our full group. I ask about a area near the pavilion that we could use for a campfire and was told it was possible that one may be built by April but not probable. The pavilion does have grills that can be moved around.they are low round grills, see pic in one of my previous post.

They have firewood for sale at camp store. Unless we have a horrible winter I should be able to bring over quit a bit of firewood for group use!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #4219

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Campfires! Each site does have a fire ring maybe 3 ft round with shelf for cooking. Problem may be the amount of lawn chair space surrounding the campfires may not accommodate our full group. I ask about a area near the pavilion that we could use for a campfire and was told it was possible that one may be built by April but not probable. The pavilion does have grills that can be moved around.they are low round grills, see pic in one of my previous post.

They have firewood for sale at camp store. Unless we have a horrible winter I should be able to bring over quit a bit of firewood for group use!
Hey Tim !!,

I saw the low round grills from your photo's, and a 3 foot fire ring maybe a bit to small its hard to say, who knows how the evenings will end up, but I'm hopeful we will have a good sized meet and greet where we can get everyone together.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #4220

Fleetwood Owners Club
For anyone thinking about volenteereing as social coordinator I will gladly help in any way.
There are lots of interesting things to do in and around Hot Springs and good day trips to areas outside of HS. Did you know that AR has the only Diamond mine in the continental US? There are miles upon miles of bicycle trail that cross the AR river over ped/bike only bridges. One such bridge is built over the lock and dam and is referred to as "The Big Dam Bridge". Believe in the healing power of quartz? There are several mines nearby!

I've heard several say that this will be there first trip to AR I will do all I can to make this a positive trip for all!

You PM me with areas of interest and I'll research it.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #4221

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Sears Canada Scam.....
Our dear friend who passed away was very cognizant of her failing health and had all her credit cards covered by insurance.

DW called Sears on Monday to inform them of the death of her friend and asking for a fax number to send the relevant papers, death certificate, page one of will naming DW executor, tc etc.

On the Tuesday we finally got through to the fax in their head office to send said pages.

The following Friday (all the same week BTW) we got a letter from Sears addressed to the deceased thanking her for her business and asking why she cancelled her insurance on her account. The day they claim she cancelled the insurance was two days after she died and two days before we contacted them.

can someone please spell, "slime buckets" and all this for a measly $646.00 outstanding.

Our letter from our lawyer was sent registered mail this morning.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #4222

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Sears Canada Scam.....
Our dear friend who passed away was very cognizant of her failing health and had all her credit cards covered by insurance.

DW called Sears on Monday to inform them of the death of her friend and asking for a fax number to send the relevant papers, death certificate, page one of will naming DW executor, tc etc.

On the Tuesday we finally got through to the fax in their head office to send said pages.

The following Friday (all the same week BTW) we got a letter from Sears addressed to the deceased thanking her for her business and asking why she cancelled her insurance on her account. The day they claim she cancelled the insurance was two days after she died and two days before we contacted them.

can someone please spell, "slime buckets" and all this for a measly $646.00 outstanding.

Our letter from our lawyer was sent registered mail this morning.
Sorry to hear about all the problems, especially under those circumstances.

It is amazing the stories about sears.

I sent a certified letter to sears CEO on August 30,2012.
I have the signed for receipt. They still have NOT replied.
I hope daily, that they will soon follow Montgomery Wards
and JM Fields down the same path.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #4223

Howdy folks!!!!

We are back among the connected and have caught up with family.
In our fav Prescott camp, Point of Rocks. Tired of driving for a while. About 6000 miles since July. 2 weeks here, then.....?

Smoke signals? Tried to send some back in 1967 at university. Got no replies. ;-)

Tried to catch up here. Impossible! How about we are very much. looking forward to April?

And then there is the North Rim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-706162357.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	47065
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1189741213.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	449.7 KB
ID:	47066  
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #4224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
Strange it shows up on mine.

Maybe I did something wrong, I'll try again.

11-06-2012 002 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Now I see it... forgot what I was supposed to see though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Had a huge thunder storm here on Sunday night. Trees down. Power outages. Huge hail.

Attachment 47011
I hope you wern't flying any kites..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
My new stress relief tool. Prepping for day two of not working. LOL
A man powered shuttle for the Enterprise?

Quote:
Ok my Fellow Mutants,

I have a question, I have a florescent light in the coach that doesnt want to work all the time, I have a switch on the light, and another switch for the same light on the wall. For a time using the wall switch the light wouldnt come on, my remedy at the time was, leave the wall switch on and use the switch on the light itself, well now the problem is that when I turn the light switch on, I have to give the light a small tap of the fingers and it will light.
Now its not that I need this light to work, there are plenty of other lights, but I would like the light to work properly since I have it, could it be just the Thin-Lite bulbs are getting bad ? or would it be the exciter thats getting bad ?. Any suggestions would be a big help.

Cheers !!!
I ended up moving the bulbs around and determined it was the light fixture, not the bulb(s), usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Howdy folks!!!!

We are back among the connected and have caught up with family.
In our fav Prescott camp, Point of Rocks. Tired of driving for a while. About 6000 miles since July. 2 weeks here, then.....?

Smoke signals? Tried to send some back in 1967 at university. Got no replies. ;-)

Tried to catch up here. Impossible! How about we are very much. looking forward to April?

And then there is the North Rim.

Attachment 47065
Great photos!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #4225

Well no hogs but got back and the peoples next door dogs got a hold of a deer so i grabbed my bow to shoot the deer good shot but she ran across the road tried to get it and the woman across the street said no you can't come over here and track it. What is this world coming to? The right thing to do is find the deer not let it lie

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #4226

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

Hi Marty,

So how did things go with your Honey project today ? Marcia and I are wishing you the best on it.

As far as the list of have and dont have's well some things I have and some I dont, the ones I dont have I dont miss. I think thats why I began reading this thread in the first place and how I ended up becoming RVM 39, this is a fantastically mutated group of mutants.

Cheers !!!
No work on roof...replaced tail light cover that someone broke...not the woman driver...when she does damage....she does it in a big way....put tarp back on as 'they' are predicting wet stuff falling from overhead.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #4227

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by breed
Well no hogs but got back and the peoples next door dogs got a hold of a deer so i grabbed my bow to shoot the deer good shot but she ran across the road tried to get it and the woman across the street said no you can't come over here and track it. What is this world coming to? The right thing to do is find the deer not let it lie
Perhaps she found it for herself.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #4228

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
Now I see it... forgot what I was supposed to see though...

I hope you wern't flying any kites..

A man powered shuttle for the Enterprise?

I ended up moving the bulbs around and determined it was the light fixture, not the bulb(s), usually

Great photos!

Just something simple.

The rainbow license plate with our initials.
This was before I was declared a real mutant.
Then we had a rainbow over us, now we ride the rainbow.