Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #4509

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sue - I see you joined the yahoo user group - Wooo Hooo! Any update of la Bella Rigatoni slide issue? Curious mutants wanna know! All good I trust.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #4510

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Sue - I see you joined the yahoo user group - Wooo Hooo! Any update of la Bella Rigatoni slide issue? Curious mutants wanna know! All good I trust.
RVM2
Hello Sue,

X2 what Steve said, I am also curious of how the slide is coming along. Remember we can never have to much information when it comes to MH mechanical issues.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #4511

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mutant Alert - Don and Sandee have joined the yahoo user group. Well at least I think I got them approved. Lol. The user group is sort of funky on the iPhone - but it showed no pending after I hit the approval button!!

Sent a message to group so it should be a done deal. Others wishing to join the group should PM Barb - okmunky with Creds - name - RVM# - email address - screenname and we'll get ya approved.

It's Mutant, Mutant, Mutant, Mutant World.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #4512

Good Morning Mutants,

The Skies are blue, the air is warm, with just the softest of breezes blowing. the birds are singing, and the lizards are lizarding, and I dont have to mow the lawn. Now being at the this part of the rainbow, where the heck is the pot-o-gold ??

Cheers !!!
Old 10-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #4513

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
PT your post show 2:19 and I'm in Central Time.... Good Morning??????? That air must be toxic too! LOL
Old 10-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #4514

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Good afternoon mutants...good morning PT;-) hope all is well on the rainbow today. Had some free time this afternoon after funeral #2 so I decided to do a little cleaning on Jenny's front cap. Haven't had the time since we got back from Brenham trip.

I don't know bout you guys but I HATE cleaning bugs off the front of Jenny! Tar and bug remover, WD40, nothing prevents having to scrub and scrub and even then it just doesn't come off without a little dis-coloration in spots and I supposedly have a clear coat mask. Geesh I really hate this. So I started a great ponder.......
You know how those race cars have clear sheets over their windshields and every time they make a pit stop, one of the crew members just peels off the top dirty sheet revealing a perfectly clean window? Whaalaa! How bout peel off sheets for our front windshields and front caps? No more bug cleaning.... Just pull off the top sheet and we are clean! What do you think about them apples?

Whoa now my mutant mind is on a roll, we could start a new company with all mutant members of record being shareholders and market these thru CW and other RV Dealers. We could call them Mutant Sheets!!!!! Watch your front cap mutate from dirty to clean in Lickety Split! How bout it mutants what say ye?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #4515

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post

You know how those race cars have clear sheets over their windshields and every time they make a pit stop, one of the crew members just peels off the top dirty sheet revealing a perfectly clean window? Whaalaa! How bout peel off sheets for our front windshields and front caps? No more bug cleaning.... Just pull off the top sheet and we are clean! What do you think about them apples?

Whoa now my mutant mind is on a roll, we could start a new company with all mutant members of record being shareholders and market these thru CW and other RV Dealers. We could call them Mutant Sheets!!!!! Watch your front cap mutate from dirty to clean in Lickety Split! How bout it mutants what say ye?
I like that idea. I park on 3/4" crushed river rock and the ladder gets kinda off-balance when reaching for that missed spot. BTW, I have a two piece windshield, so keep that in mind when you are tooling up for production.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #4516

Quote:
PT your post show 2:19 and I'm in Central Time.... Good Morning??????? That air must be toxic too! LOL
LOL Herb,

Well sometimes morning comes a little later than normal, I just guess I was still in morning time, I usually say its morning until the last of the first pot of coffee is gone, and depending on how late the night before was determines what time is morning, ermmm or something like that, hey I'm retired there are no alarm clocks, if'n ya catch my drift.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #4517

Quote:
Good afternoon mutants...good morning PT;-) hope all is well on the rainbow today. Had some free time this afternoon after funeral #2 so I decided to do a little cleaning on Jenny's front cap. Haven't had the time since we got back from Brenham trip.

I don't know bout you guys but I HATE cleaning bugs off the front of Jenny! Tar and bug remover, WD40, nothing prevents having to scrub and scrub and even then it just doesn't come off without a little dis-coloration in spots and I supposedly have a clear coat mask. Geesh I really hate this. So I started a great ponder.......

Herb,

I like the idea, and by the way my windshield is also one of those two piece jobs. I hate it when the bugs make a mess as well, but my plastic front is so bad that I am in the process of peeling it off. I have no idea if it will be done before I get to the curiosity or not, but someday the job will get done, I just dont know when.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #4518

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
LOL Herb,

hey I'm retired there are no alarm clocks, if'n ya catch my drift.

Cheers !!!
Wrong... Now you'll need one for Dr visits.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #4519

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

Wet down affected area. Take a wash cloth, get it soaking wet and pour baking soda on it till it gets all pasty. Rub the entire are with rag, adding more baking soda as needed. Wait 7-10 minutes and just wash off with wet rag. Rinse, bugs all gone, no hard rubbing, no sweat.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #4520

Hey Davedeb1,

That sounds like its a must try, thank you for the post.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #4521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Wet down affected area. Take a wash cloth, get it soaking wet and pour baking soda on it till it gets all pasty. Rub the entire are with rag, adding more baking soda as needed. Wait 7-10 minutes and just wash off with wet rag. Rinse, bugs all gone, no hard rubbing, no sweat.
Does that just work for a clear coat mask or any clear coat?

Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #4522

iRV2 No Limits Club
To answer oakmunky, I think it is primarily demographics. Many of us are of a certain age where the warranty has run out and stuff goes wrong. I had a heart attack six months ago while working on our teardrop. It was of the widow-maker variety, full blockage of one artery, thanks to quick action I am fully recovered.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote