Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #4551

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Hello all mutants. I have been lurking in the back ground for a while, and its time to come out of the shadows. Have enjoyed reading the posts and the mutant group sounds like people we would enjoy. Jackie and I have purchased our first class A about 2 years ago and traded up last fall to our current baby. We found a well cared for 2000 American Eagle 40 EDS. While it does have a lot there are somethings it does not and we dont miss them. Multiple slides, ours only has one. Outdoor kitchen and entertainment center, tag axle, or a half bath. We have zero rope lights but do have some lights on a string for the awning whch I hope you folks will overlook. We sold off two vehicles this past summer and purchased a Jeep Wrangler for a toad which we love. Have seen some fun mutant jeeping recently. Not sure we can make the Great Curiousity but would love to. Last but not least the journey is definantly a big part of the whole experence....slow down and enjoy. Ed H. 2000 American Eagle 2013 Jeep Wrangler
Welcome to RVMdom, rezman (Ed and Jackie). If I am correct, you are RVM51.

Our supreme grand roster Mutant, Steve (who, with Annie, is RVM2) will certainly be along shortly to confirm your RVM#.

As RVM1, I would have challenged you on your worthiness to be an RVM (JK :-)) but seeing that you do NOT have rope lights, the Journey is your Destination, and you toad a Wrangler (WOOT!!) I hereby declare you shoe-in RVMs!!!!!

Other RVMs are sure to join me soon in a warm welcome. Let your Mutinations begin!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #4552

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Rezman welcome to the world of RV Mutantism! Barb and I will join our Grand Poohbah in welcoming you. Surely the Most Illustrious Potentate will be along shortly to officially confer upon you your very own, well deserved, highly sought after RVM official certified and approved by acclamation membership #. Let me be the first to invite you and your bride to our first Grand Curiosity to be held at Catherine's Landing RV Park in Hot Springs, AR. on April 24-30, 2014. We have a block of sites reserved and a special rate of $28 per night. If you can join us please let me know and I will assign you a lot # which you can call direct and reserve by placing a one night deposit which is fully refundable up to three days before arrival. We would love to have you join us for what promises to be a wonderful adventure with a fun group of mutated and somewhat slightly warped folks.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #4553

American Coach Owners Club
Thank You

[QUOTE=CampDaven;1764424]Welcome to RVMdom, rezman (Ed and Jackie). If I am correct, you are RVM51.

Our supreme grand roster Mutant, Steve (who, with Annie, is RVM2) will certainly be along shortly to confirm your RVM#.

As RVM1, I would have challenged you on your worthiness to be an RVM (JK :-)) but seeing that you do NOT have rope lights, the Journey is your Destination, and you toad a Wrangler (WOOT!!) I hereby declare you shoe-in RVMs!!!!!

Other RVMs are sure to join me soon in a warm welcome. Let your Mutinations begin!

Dave and Nola
RVM1[/QUOTE

I sat and pondered my post for great lengths in the hope that it would be sufficient to earn Mutant status...

I have one idea that some could have fun with. If correct I think we have a monkey as our mascot??? Next time you are out and about pick up a barrell of monkeys. They are plastic little monkeys that can be hooked and left behind as a signature that a mutant was there.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #4554

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome rezman, your mutant journey has just began, your destination, somewhere over th rainbow.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #4555

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman
Hello all mutants.

I have been lurking in the back ground for a while, and its time to come out of the shadows. Have enjoyed reading the posts and the mutant group sounds like people we would enjoy.
Jackie and I have purchased our first class A about 2 years ago and traded up last fall to our current baby. We found a well cared for 2000 American Eagle 40 EDS. While it does have a lot there are somethings it does not and we dont miss them.

Multiple slides, ours only has one. Outdoor kitchen and entertainment center, tag axle, or a half bath.
We have zero rope lights but do have some lights on a string for the awning whch I hope you folks will overlook.
We sold off two vehicles this past summer and purchased a Jeep Wrangler for a toad which we love. Have seen some fun mutant jeeping recently.
Not sure we can make the Great Curiousity but would love to.
Last but not least the journey is definantly a big part of the whole experence....slow down and enjoy.

Ed H.
2000 American Eagle
2013 Jeep Wrangler

Good Morning rezman and Welcome to the RVMdom! You have successfully declared your mutant qualities and recognition that The Journey is the Destination earning your rightful place on the RVM Rainbow and are hereby awarded the Official ID of RVM51. All RVM rights and privileges are bestowed upon you and Jackie. We look forward to your ponders and tales of life on the Rainbow.

There is plenty of time to triangulate your way to the First Ever RVM Grande Curiosity in April and we'd really enjoy meeting you there. The GC @ CL promises to be mutation of the highest order. I did note from your post in another thread that you and DW are 53 years young. That leads me to believe that like Annie and I you may have vacation constraints and possibly youngn's schedules to circumnavigate. If so, we certainly understand if you can't make it. It appears you may be about 700 miles from our mutation location and that's a big distance to travel using vacation time.

However - you also appear to be near Chicago area and close to Suspinz and Sky_Boss (RVM36 and RVM22 respectively). They have had a mini-curiosity or two and that may be an option for the three of you before winter sets in and Don and Sandee - RVM22 - mutate to full time next month and head south for the winter. Just a thought and something to ponder.

Again - welcome to the RVMdom. You have found the rainbow and a great group of mutant friends. Btw - be sure to PM Barb - okmunky - with your name - email - and RVM number to get setup on our RVM2RVM Yahoo Group. Among other things, a copy of our first ever RVM News is posted there for your reading pleasure.

Thanks for joining us!
Steve and Annie
RVM2

RVM Roster Update
RVM1 Campdaven PA
RVM2 flaggship1 TX
RVM3 jdoc TX
RVM4 4kids LA
RVM5 Papawto5 IN
RVM6 Big Oil Guy AZ
RVM7 Happy Prospector ??
RVM8 Shadowcache OH
RVM9 SylviaCub ID
RVM10 Dick Noble CO
RVM11 Woodburner OH
RVM12 dogpatch BC - Can
RVM13 Davedeb1 OH
RVM14 Wayne M TX
RVM15 Selah IN
RVM16 msbarth TN
RVM17 KSCRUDE KS
RVM18 okmunky / RVM Mascot Sena OK
RVM19 Toyduck NV
RVM20 Oldme GA
RVM21 Alan24601 CA
RVM22 Sky_Boss IL
RVM23 Dunner AZ
RVM24 bdickson NC (Retired Moderator)
RVM25 nwcountry OR
RVM26 mekanic OH
RVM27 TEFFY TX
RVM28 TLGPE FL
RVM29 timarti ON
RVM30 JudyH CO
RVM31 HerbnBarb TX
RVM32 huntnski AR
RVM33 YC1 CA
RVM34 Moonrover OH
RVM35 mtnmankev AZ sidelined
RVM36 Suspinz IL
RVM37 Flacamper FL
RVM38 Nhytefall IL
RVM39 PTJeep MI
RVM40 Possum BC - Can
RVM41 adamfolger CA
RVM42 wthur OH
RVM43 Mike_Harriet FL
RVM44 sfi4 NY
RVM45 MartySQ KS
RVM46 thrushl SD
RVM47 Falcon190
RVM48 breed TX
RVM49 KAS TX
RVM50 cnkinthebus TN
RVM51 rezman IN
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #4556
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Welcome to the nuthouse Rezman.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #4557

Newmar Owners Club
Morning MUTANTS. Hope all is well on your side of the rainbow this morning and the bacon is crispy.
Welcome rezman, glad you joined the ride on the rainbow. Hope all have a safe and Blessed day.
Time to get ready for work.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #4558

Good Morning to one and all,

And welcome to our mutant postings Rezman, I think the idea of leaving a mutated monkey from the barrel of monkey's is kind of a fun idea, we had one of those, but when we sold the house we let our grand daughter keep the barrel of monkey's she loves playing with them.

Today is another wonderful day to behold, and even though our time is a bit different than most, it's only 9:20 here in AZ right now, I have just finished the last of the coffee, and now I'll contemplate just what it is I wish to accomplish today, it may well be nothing at all, or it may be a day for rocket science its just to early to tell.

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #4559

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Morning Mutants!!! Time for a shameless plug for our first ever Grand Curiosity at Catherine's Landing RV Park on the beautiful shores of Lake Catherine in Hot Springs AR. On the dates of April 24-30, 2014.

Current attendees :

#68- TLGPE
#103- open
#104- breed
#105- okmunky
#106- Wayne M
#107- open
#108- davenDeb
#109- MartySQ
#110- PTJeep
#111- HerbnBarb
#112- Flagshipp
#113- CampDaven
#114- huntnski
#115- cnkinthebus
#116- wthur
#117- Suspenz
#118- open
#119- kscrude
#120- open
#121- Sky_Boss
#122-#125 open

If I have left someone off the list please let me know so I can get it corrected. If you have not yet decided, no worries there is still time but in order to hold these particular open spots we would like to get everyone committed by Jan. 1. If we need more we can certainly get more and we would luv it if you could join us! Some of you that are not full timers yet... You will be with us in spirit. There will no doubt be countless pics and postings and I'm sure our Most Illustrious Potentate aka. Flagship aka. Steve and Annie will fill a newsletter full as well.

Barb aka. Okmunky and Steve aka flagship do we have an activities gameplan started yet? No doubt there will be multiple group dinners and Jeepy outings and pontoon explorations with some fishing thrown in for good measure. I expect Tim aka huntnski can line us up with some winery and other tours since he lives in the area and knows the local touristy things. Submit any ideas you have to one of these or myself and we can pencil em in. I would think we can find plenty to do or for those of us who move slower, we can sit around the camp and see who can tell the biggest yarn! Once we have an activities list for the week we can get everyone a copy so we all know the what-when-where.

If you haven't committed yet or haven't decided your next years travel itinerary I hope you will consider joining us for what promises to be an epic event!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #4560

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Good Morning to one and all, And welcome to our mutant postings Rezman, I think the idea of leaving a mutated monkey from the barrel of monkey's is kind of a fun idea, we had one of those, but when we sold the house we let our grand daughter keep the barrel of monkey's she loves playing with them. Today is another wonderful day to behold, and even though our time is a bit different than most, it's only 9:20 here in AZ right now, I have just finished the last of the coffee, and now I'll contemplate just what it is I wish to accomplish today, it may well be nothing at all, or it may be a day for rocket science its just to early to tell. Cheers !!!!

PT you are truly a man cut from the same cloth as me!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #4561

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well it's time for another RVM Shameless Promotion. Time to shake and rattle the mystical electrical device and see if any lurking, visitors or shy potential mutants have been patiently awaiting an invitation to join the RVMs - the RVMdom - and take their rightful place on the Rainbow!

-- Think you might be an RVM? Wonder what it's all about? --

If your beloved RV doesn't have a thing or two but ya don't miss it cause ya don't need it and you make the journey your destination, you have what it takes to be the next RVM!!

Just tell us what ya don't have and don't miss and join the RV Mutant curiousity. Next number up is RVM51. You know you want it!

The journey is our destination! Join us!! We're not the cool kids - but we have a grand time on this thread - and we plan to have an even grander time at the First Ever Grande Curiosity (RVMspeak for rally) in April 2014. Who knows, you may even want to join us for that Super Fantastic Time.

Enter and sign in please
Attachment 47654
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
I've been reading and considering the qualifications of membership. It seems at least, on the face of it, I would meet the minimum points necessary to be labeled an RVMutant. I do love my Bounder, dog and DW......not necessarily in that order....life is what it is.

1st- It is an easy task to "load -n-go" it is a great chore to decide where to? So, I must just love the journeys. I don't care where I end up, just want to go.

2nd- Even though I may wonder for hours at the RV Show or my local CW, I walk away saying that's nice, but don't' need and can't justify it.
powellrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #4562

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv

I've been reading and considering the qualifications of membership. It seems at least, on the face of it, I would meet the minimum points necessary to be labeled an RVMutant. I do love my Bounder, dog and DW......not necessarily in that order....life is what it is.

1st- It is an easy task to "load -n-go" it is a great chore to decide where to? So, I must just love the journeys. I don't care where I end up, just want to go.

2nd- Even though I may wonder for hours at the RV Show or my local CW, I walk away saying that's nice, but don't' need and can't justify it.
Well powellrv - you're well on your way to becoming RVM52! We don't stand on much ceremony - but ya gotta tell us a thing or two specifically that your Bounder doesn't have and you don't miss - like maybe a dishwasher - or stackable washer dryer. RVM1 has dozens on his list back in post 1 of the thread. We have all fessed up. Now as a Bounder owner myself - I could do this for you but that wouldn't be fair now would it LOL.

With a few more words - you're in with the RVMs. We would love to have ya among us and can always benefit from the ponders of a new mutant!!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
PT you are truly a man cut from the same cloth as me!
Hey Herb !!!

Well I for one am happy we are made of the same cloth, and I am looking forward to meeting you and Barb in April, I am quite sure we will be able to talk each others arm off trading stories.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #4564

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well powellrv - you're well on your way to becoming RVM52! We don't stand on much ceremony - but ya gotta tell us a thing or two specifically that your Bounder doesn't have and you don't miss - like maybe a dishwasher - or stackable washer dryer. RVM1 has dozens on his list back in post 1 of the thread. We have all fessed up. Now as a Bounder owner myself - I could do this for you but that wouldn't be fair now would it LOL.

With a few more words - you're in with the RVMs. We would love to have ya among us and can always benefit from the ponders of a new mutant!!
RVM2
X2 to you powellrv,

You are really close to really stepping in to spot number 52, and remember there is strength in numbers and the possibility of endless mutations, and many ponders of ponderings only helps on the trail of making the journey the destination. Its like when Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were getting ready to jump off the cliff, you just do it....

Cheers !!!