Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #5111

My condolences also Jeff.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #5112

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
You'll probably see wild capuchin monkeys if you do. The Black & White subspecies inhabit Costa Rican jungles. But leave valuables on the ship. I hear they have learned that tourists bring all sorts of neat stuff to steal. They can pick your pockets in the blink of an eye. They also lack Sena's sweet disposition.
Nuthin' but yummy woo-woo-woo treats in my pockets!!! Or possibly better yet: nothing even vaguely resembling food! Advice, Barb?

Cheers!
Sue
Old 10-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #5113

here are some pics for y'all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MDGC0056.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	48420   Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	48421  

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #5114

Not in KS any more

Not even out of the airport in Ft. Lauderdale yet and we know we're someplace *else*. Love this bus.

Shipping out tomorrow afternoon with 2 days at sea. Need a good night's sleep to get prepared for all this tough activity.

Cheers!
Sue#36
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	348.1 KB
ID:	48424  
Old 10-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #5115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
here are some pics for y'all
Hey Dwayne !!!

Those are some great photos, thank you for sharing, nothing like venison on the hoof to brighten the day. Can we say ... Here Bucky, Bucky, Bucky ?

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #5116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Not even out of the airport in Ft. Lauderdale yet and we know we're someplace *else*. Love this bus.

Shipping out tomorrow afternoon with 2 days at sea. Need a good night's sleep to get prepared for all this tough activity.

Cheers!
Sue#36
Hey Sue,

Make sure you take time to relax and enjoy the swells as you're cruising along, I'm quite sure your cruise will be perfect. Keep the photos coming.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #5117

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Feb'11 Bob and I went to Galveston to escape the cold and snowy weather here in Kansas... When we got to Austin to visit my Brother on the way down... it snowed in Austin. We have pictures of kids with snowboards in Austin playing. They had a snow day for ~1/4 to 1/2 in. snow! We didn't have Honey yet at that point in time. We drove through the worst snow in Oklahoma... apparently they don't know about plowing very much and the Trucks had it all packed by the time they got their act together and started to try to plow it.... slowest trip ever through Oklahoma!
Hey Marty,

Isnt it amazing how places that never get any snow, just dont have a clue on what to do with it or can figure out a way to deal with it. I have seen it many times.

Cheers !!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #5118

Neighbor had a 2-foot rattler under their rig about an hour after dark. It scurried off. Will be just that slight bit more vigilant, here in the Sonora Desert.

That is to say......EEEEEK!!!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #5119

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Neighbor had a 2-foot rattler under their rig about an hour after dark. It scurried off. Will be just that slight bit more vigilant, here in the Sonora Desert.

That is to say......EEEEEK!!!
Dave !!!

You be careful my friend, we have way to much more Jeepin to do and dont want ya stuck by a two fanged hypodermic needle.

This brings to mind a ponderance. It has been said that if you want self protection, but dont wish to use a handgun or a tazer, that you can get a can of wasp spray that will shoot 15 to 20 feet and really make your eyes sting. So I ponder as I wonder what would wasp spray do to a rattler besides make it really mad, and other than making it really mad, would it vacate the area ?

Cheers !!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #5120

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Nuthin' but yummy woo-woo-woo treats in my pockets!!! Or possibly better yet: nothing even vaguely resembling food! Advice, Barb?

Cheers!
Sue
Just don't think all capuchins are like the ones you see in CR. That subspecies is well known for their, uh... well, uh... less than delightful personalities..

CR is the northern edge of capuchin territory and there are 4 subspecies that, as you go south, progressively developed much better manners. Hmmm, seems like some humans I know. Blackcaps, Sena's variety, are the most southerly and the most numerous.

Just don't try to bring one home with you. Sena's ancestors arrived in this country prior to the mid 70's ban on monkey imports for private ownership. The fines are very steep, and the confiscated monkey's fate is often tragic.

As for treats... Food could get you assaulted by an unmannerly pack of thieves. Best to save them for Sena. If you take a camera and/or sunglasses make sure they have a sturdy strap and you have a good grip on it.

Enjoy them for me, too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #5121

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Rattlesnakes are like heat seeking missiles. One has eyes the other a camera. Neither are necessary for an effective strike. Doesn't mean the snake wouldn't head the other way, but don't want to be the one to test the theory. If it were me, I'd call Dogpatch to come down or at least tell ya where he bought his bucket. I know for a fact, nobody could get to Arizona from Canada any faster than Les.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #5122

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Rattlesnakes are like heat soaking missiles. One has eyes the other a camera. Neither are necessary for an effective strike. Doesn't mean the snake wouldn't head the other way, but don't want to be the one to test the theory. If it were me, I'd call Dogpatch to come down or at least tell ya where he bought his bucket. I know for a fact, nobody could get to Arizona from Canada any faster than Les.
RVM2

Agree! Call the Red Bucket Brigade....Les, you up for it?

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #5123

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Rattlesnakes are like heat seeking missiles. One has eyes the other a camera. Neither are necessary for an effective strike. Doesn't mean the snake wouldn't head the other way, but don't want to be the one to test the theory. If it were me, I'd call Dogpatch to come down or at least tell ya where he bought his bucket. I know for a fact, nobody could get to Arizona from Canada any faster than Les. RVM2
Not worried, #2. It rattled at their dog.

I have not seen one close up since 1973 in the GA woods. Eastern diamondback, 7-footer. He was in the middle of the path. I capitulated.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #5124

Fleetwood Owners Club
Now if we could just get some tips from a real snake wrangler!

Who could we all, let me think.