Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #5153

Fleetwood Owners Club
Virginaterian, humm well I'm impressed, can't wait to see the plant alternative to bacon.

My vote is KEEP him!

By the way, any rope lights you want to confess? No matter KEEP him!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #5154

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Wouldn't you want to be a mutant, too? Is it too late to become a member? I'm a mutant - we have an entry level, no keyless entry, no solar panel, no air horn (darn it), gasser short MH without full body paint - and we love it! No additional stuff required. In fact, when we transitioned from TT to MH this year we jettisoned an embarrassingly large collection of stuff that we really just don't need. I feel like I could hold a yard sale of just RVing junk...I mean treasures. Downsizing is our motto now - as soon as the grandkids move out we are selling the house and going tiny. Just need enough room for us and the critters.
Morning Muteys! And a beautiful day it is here on the beach in Galveston.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-665504563.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	486.7 KB
ID:	48460

I see we have a new set of members....welcome to the rainbow virginiamtns RVM #55. We are happy happy happy to have you join our group of slightly twisted but nevertheless greatly loved band of mutants. It appears from your testimony that you definitely have found your new family! As our Most Illustrious Potentate aka flagship aka Steve already mentioned we have our first ever Grand Curiosity coming up next year April 24-30 at Catherine's Landing RV Park in Hot Springs AR. We have a great rate of $28/day lakeside and $26/day for interior spaces. We have quite a few of our group already signed up to attend and plenty of room for more. There is already talk of a Mardi Gras party complete with beads, doubloons, masks( some of don't need a mask to be scary), gumbo, and no doubt plenty of adult beverage like my favorite Hurricanes, Wayne's smoothys ( hang on to your seat when you try that one) LOL.... Fried catfish( if I can talk Earlene into bringing her new deep fryer). There are multiple group pot luck dinners no doubt, music, and if we slip enough liquor into our Grand Poobah Dave, there may even be live entertainment! There are pontoon boats for rent, excursions led by our resident entertainment director huntnski aka Tim who lives in AR and therefore knows all the great attractions. So you can see it will no doubt be a lively week of fun, good new friends, great food and also many nitely ponderances.

If you can join us, just PM me and I will get you instructions and assign your lot # based on your preference of what is available in our block of sites. All you have to do is pay for one nite to hold your space and even that is fully refundable up to three days before the event. Btw Muteys, if you have signed up but have not already put your deposit down, can I encourage you to please do so?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #5155

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
nice where is he at?
With any luck, in freezer by the weekend!
You had any luck yet, outside of bad luck!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #5156

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Virginaterian, humm well I'm impressed, can't wait to see the plant alternative to bacon.

My vote is KEEP him!

By the way, any rope lights you want to confess? No matter KEEP him!
Nope, no rope lights. Used to have a set of parrot lights, but jettisoned them when I realized I didn't need to look pretty to have fun. Much rather enjoy the lights of those less lazy than I!

BTW, I'm a her - Elizabeth.

There is no decent vegetarian substitute for bacon, or ham, or chicken. We don't even try. Vegetarian food is great without what my grandkids call "fake meat."

I love being a mutant!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #5157

Vintage RV Owners Club
Re: wild capuchins
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1
You'll have an even better idea once you go through the buffet line or show up 20 minutes after it opens. At least that's what my aunt told me.

ROFL!!!

I think what the aunt meant was you would have abetter idea of if the fish in the buffet line was safe if you go to cruise buffet line about 20 minuttes late... you would see folks leaving with tummy distress if it wasn't safe.....Don't think that works for capuchins...LOL!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #5158

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Nice to meet you Elizabeth! I do believe you might be our first ever vegetarian .... That should bout cover all the food groups Muteys!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #5159

Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome Elizabeth! Won't hold the veggie person status against you. We had a budgie( parakeet) that would really chew me out every time we fried meat...LOL! I suppose he didn't consider the locust he would kill occasionally and eat the eyeballs out of as meat.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #5160

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

BTW, I'm a her - Elizabeth.
!
Ok Elizabeth, so I used "him" and not "her"! Thought that sounded better than
"KEEP IT". Regardless of my oversight Welcome, you sound like mutant material. I'm Tim aka huntnski, DW is Mary and is way too busy with important things to get on forum much, she is almost to level 55 on Candy Crush!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #5161

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth - I'm a vegetarian when I go to Subway now. Best salad on bread (though bread is my enemy) money can buy "eating out". Always get extra peppers.

Also been trying to increase the number of vegetarian dishes on a plate or even meals. Been doing lots with black beans lately. Make a particularly good jicama, mango, black bean, cilantro, purple onion, corn, etc salad with honey - olive oil a little champaign vinegar, jalapeņos, green chile and lots of chili powder etc.

I would miss bacon too much to go full time vegetarian though. Don't eat it as often as I once did - but my green beans would suffer without it.

Your membership is in good standing. Perhaps if you make it the Grande Curiosity in April, you could own the red beans and rice at the Mardi Gras party lol.

Again - welcome to the Rainbow!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #5162

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Elizabeth, to save face around this scurvy bunch of missfits (sp on purpose) one could always slice peeled cucumbers thinly lengthwise and disguise with ketsup and let them think you're eating bacon. Welcome to the wilderness er ..... rainbow the colours are fantastic.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #5163

Monaco Owners Club
Possum, that might work. I put zucchini in a lot of dishes, including chili. My grandson, 5, insists that the green stuff is pickles, and I have not taken the opportunity to enlighten him as to their true identity. Ignorance may be bliss!

Flagship, please come cook for me - that sounds delicious! I'm fond of Subway, too, but also watch the bread. I lost over 100 pounds in 2007/2008, and eat a lot differently now. One really good thing- my cholesterol is 99! My doctor is envious.

I don't think we can make the RVM gathering - unfortunately, I still have to work for a living, and dear spouse just started a new job, so no time off accrued. HOWEVER, if anyone is cruising through Virginia, we would love to host travelers along the way. Sherando Lake in the George Washington National Forest/Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway are all in our back yard. Come by and visit, y'all!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #5164

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
she is almost to level 55 on Candy Crush!
Impressive. I gave up and play sudoku instead.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #5165

Tiffin Owners Club
Is it Elizabeth, Liz, or Beth. Any way it is welcome

Quote:
....overcome that obstacle with my first ponderance. Yesterday I remarked to one of my employees that I really wish I was back in my MH and not at work. She asked "Where would you go?" I replied "It doesn't matter - point in a direction and that's where I'd go." She asked "Where would you stay?" I said "In my MH, of course!" Then I told her about the rule of threes - 300 miles, set up by 3:00, 3 day stay. Our favorite trips are wandering about.

Does that bring me back into good standing?
What's this first 3 - 300 miles. This is not a NASCAR race. I think 130 miles is a good day, but the DW would quite often like to do more. I sure like the other 2 3's, that's my idea of a good run.

You mention employees - what do you do?
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #5166

Pics

Still in port at Ft. Lauderdale, waiting for the fire drill. How to don the life jacket; maybe we get to try out the life boats. But first: lunch!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	48467