Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #5727

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

Jeeped Apache Trail yet?
Hey Dave,

No we haven't..... that sounds like it could be fun...

Cheers!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #5728

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
My parents were always picking up and moving, outlaws or rvers, not sure, but then I thinks that would make me elgable to bring fast food.
Hi Tim !!!

Fast food, being something that runs on all fours ??

That could be interesting !!!

Cheers !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #5729

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Ha ha ha! I am English/Irish/ German descent and Hubby is French/English/Swedish so our kiddos are definitely Heinz 57.

If I cook, I would pick German since mom made stuff for pa and taught me to cook it. I never had much of her side of the family type foods other than corned beef sandwiches. Hubby would make something Swedish. so combined, we would bring like Swedish meatballs and home made kraut and a sausage or some such thing.
Hey Marty,

I would vote for some kind of snitzel or would it be possible to find some metwurst or ummmm sausage and some kind of German pasta ?

Cheers !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #5730

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hey Marty,

I would vote for some kind of snitzel or would it be possible to find some metwurst or ummmm sausage and some kind of German pasta ?

Cheers !!!
Ala Cart orders at market prices.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #5731

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ala Cart orders at market prices.
Hey Steve !!!!

46 orders of mutated German pasta and metwurst, with a side of kraut, and some German Beer, that could almost be nirvana !!!! But I will not wear Lederhosen nor suspenders !!!

Cheers !!!
Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #5732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
Remember:

Everyday,
Thousands of innocent plants are killed by veterinarians.
Help End the Violence.

EAST MORE BACON!
Oh stop the Madness!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #5733

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

Oh stop the Madness!
Quack - corned beef sandwiches were mentioned earlier methinks. Know anyone who makes a great corned beef hash? Would be great at a curiosity breakfast with some scrambled on the side.

Just sayin'.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #5734

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
And bacon Steve...don't forget the bacon!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #5735

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It's been a while since my last posted ponder - although I have pondered many a weak and weary... Wait - that sounds familiar. Anyway -

A great philosopher once said “You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra

As our last trip out proved, you don't always get where you thought you were going when you get there. Hiuh? I mean - when I fell and bruised my ribs - we ended up not chasing down many of the places we thought we would. I have spoke of this before - but what ended up as a great journey - just what the doctor and my work weary mind ordered - was spent leisurely watching wildlife and the world go by from the comfort of my Strongback Chair and the picnic table.

So thinking back on that and the words of Yogi - I pondered - am the only one that didn't get where they thought they were going while being just where I needed to be? Any other mutants ever headed toward a particular journey that either ended up there differently than expected or somewhere else altogether.

Just a little diversionary ponder for your pondering pleasure. Perhaps I am the only one.
RVM2
Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #5736

Quote:
It's been a while since my last posted ponder - although I have pondered many a weak and weary... Wait - that sounds familiar. Anyway - A great philosopher once said “You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra As our last trip out proved, you don't always get where you thought you were going when you get there. Hiuh? I mean - when I fell and bruised my ribs - we ended up not chasing down many of the places we thought we would. I have spoke of this before - but what ended up as a great journey - just what the doctor and my work weary mind ordered - was spent leisurely watching wildlife and the world go by from the comfort of my Strongback Chair and the picnic table. So thinking back on that and the words of Yogi - I pondered - am the only one that didn't get where they thought they were going while being just where I needed to be? Any other mutants ever headed toward a particular journey that either ended up there differently than expected or somewhere else altogether. Just a little diversionary ponder for your pondering pleasure. Perhaps I am the only one. RVM2
Not the only, Steve.

Yogi also said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it". We have done that, both with and without reasons.

Now, tomorrow: a fork (decision) horse shoes or bocce ball?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #5737

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Not the only, Steve.

Yogi also said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it". We have done that, both with and without reasons.

Now, tomorrow: a fork (decision) horse shoes or bocce ball?
What no shuffle board. And this from a fearless leader with a Wrangler. What next, checkers?
Haha. Same as LOL.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #5738

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey campingman - say it isn't so.... Saw your thread that your selling the rig. Fear not - once a mutant always a mutant. Post up - we're here for. Everyone raise a glass to our fellow mutant.
RVM2
Old 11-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #5739

Welcome Back Sue!

Hope you all had a great time on the high seas!

Enjoy the 600+ posts to our Thread that you've got to catch up on

We'll look forward to your tales of your travels!!!!

sfi
Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #5740

Quote:
It's been a while since my last posted ponder - although I have pondered many a weak and weary... Wait - that sounds familiar. Anyway -

A great philosopher once said “You got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.” – Yogi Berra

As our last trip out proved, you don't always get where you thought you were going when you get there. Hiuh? I mean - when I fell and bruised my ribs - we ended up not chasing down many of the places we thought we would. I have spoke of this before - but what ended up as a great journey - just what the doctor and my work weary mind ordered - was spent leisurely watching wildlife and the world go by from the comfort of my Strongback Chair and the picnic table.

So thinking back on that and the words of Yogi - I pondered - am the only one that didn't get where they thought they were going while being just where I needed to be? Any other mutants ever headed toward a particular journey that either ended up there differently than expected or somewhere else altogether.

Just a little diversionary ponder for your pondering pleasure. Perhaps I am the only one.
RVM2
I have to second this emotion .... while on our westward ho from Michigan to South Dakota to Wyoming and then breaking the tow bar in Wyoming, and having to be there 5 days instead of the 2 that was planned, which caused us to have to eliminate a 5 day stop in New Mexico, but eventually ending up where we had intended to, Marcia and I did find out what it was like to live in a really small town, and I was also given a chance to re-teach her the game of cribbage, something I had always played with my Dad, and listening to the coal trains rumbling by and tooting their horns every 30 minutes 24 hours a day, knowing that I will never ever stop that close to a set of tracks again, we did learn how to sleep with the racket, but also learned once more that silence can be golden.

Life upon the Rainbow is trippin the world fantastic.

Cheers !!!