Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #5825
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
That reminds me (like I forgot) Stuttgart AR is the Duck Hunting Capital of the World.

Want to hear my duck call? Here Huey, here Dewy, here Louie!
My favourite duck call:

"Hey You With The Feathers"
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #5826

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
MSgt, you are our huckleberry. RVMdom salutes you.
Huckleberry???? I prefer a different term but hey .... Just sayin! Oh and since he has been tryin for 30 years or more to get Earlene to salute him you just made his day Dave!!!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #5827

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Les, I hope your mom has an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery! And I hope you have the strength of all the mutant blessings to keep you well during this challenge. I don't what it is like, to have a mother who is seriously ill, but I imagine it is something that is quite stressful. Best of the best wishes to you and your family.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #5828
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Oh Wayne,

I think that sounds a lot like Kabuki theater, and you never really truly know what happens in those. !!!! ......

Cheers !!!
Kabuki theater is fun. We spent 3 years in Japan and I have some good video of the Kabuki performers. Yep! It was Kimono city for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Herbs picture reminds me of a lot of people I know!
Please trust me on this. There is only one Herb the a.....nimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Yes, I feel too much of this GC preponderance, will leave the event to be anticlimactic.

Tomorrow, Deb and I are going golfing, then maybe a late lunch.

How many golfers here? Its my second favorite thing to do. Well maybe I have more than one second favorite thing to do.
Next week, the observation of skydiving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post

I do.... lol

Back to the GC at CL, I got lanyards. They come with all my media credentials from that foul four letter word....work that a few of us are still connected to.
Ah! talk to me about lanyards. Swivel, no swivel, braided, flat, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Huckleberry???? I prefer a different term but hey .... Just sayin! Oh and since he has been tryin for 30 years or more to get Earlene to salute him you just made his day Dave!!!!!
Ya'll call me anything you like, just don't call me late for dinner. I am master of my house, whatever my wife wishes shall be done. Her rank is CinCHouse.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #5829

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm pondering smokey goodness. Amazon says my Weber Smokey Mountain 18 1/2" smoker, charcoal chimney and Maverick 2 sensor digital remote thermometer will arrive tomorrow. Won't be able to fire er up till Thanksgiving when I do the Cajun Turkey and pig shoulder but really looking forward to that. Already have the hardwood lump charcoal and bag of cherry wood chunks sitting in the garage.

Found an interesting Recipe for the bird and have all ingredients.
http://www.meatwave.com/blog/cajun-smoked-turkey-recipe
-------------

On another note - Many Mutant Ommmm Ommmm Healing Ommm blessings Les.
-------------

And finally - if Wayne ever offers you smoked meat, beware. When I emailed him today about the price of said equipment - he said - all ya need is to turn a fresh can upside down.

RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #5830

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I want to thank the moderators on this site for the effort they put into keeping this site friendly, and unoffensive. It must be like walking a tightrope, trying to keep us all in check, without being too heavy handed.
Some times we forget there are opposing views to our thoughts, and we chat and ponder all over without thinking, as words spew forth all willy-nilly.
Then I see something, and find myself wanting to attack the thoughtless idiocy, with the truth. I am glad there isn't any of that here!!! Really thankful actually for this patch non-ness. Non politics, Non religion, Non ethnocentrics.
We are virtually free to mutate at our own rate, but you know sometimes I do wish I had a dishwasher, one of those ones that uses only 2 gallons of water to wash a load. Is that non-mutant? I think if I get rid of the oven I might could fit one in there.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #5831

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
I want to thank the moderators on this site for the effort they put into keeping this site friendly, and unoffensive. It must be like walking a tightrope, trying to keep us all in check, without being too heavy handed.
Some times we forget there are opposing views to our thoughts, and we chat and ponder all over without thinking, as words spew forth all willy-nilly.
Then I see something, and find myself wanting to attack the thoughtless idiocy, with the truth. I am glad there isn't any of that here!!! Really thankful actually for this patch non-ness. Non politics, Non religion, Non ethnocentrics.
We are virtually free to mutate at our own rate, but you know sometimes I do wish I had a dishwasher, one of those ones that uses only 2 gallons of water to wash a load. Is that non-mutant? I think if I get rid of the oven I might could fit one in there.
Judy - you said much and spread the wisdom and richness of the RVMdom. I have commented our record of good manners and you may recall - or original logo contained the wave and the extended hand shake of friendship.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2222861525.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	49358

And when ya think about - we were so well behaved - one mutant had to leave us to become a moderator. Hi Bruce - we miss you!

I must admit - when posting here with the mutant family - I never think about whether I'm going off track - and I guess I should think about it a little more often. It is surely a fact that many of us land on opposite sides of issues and ideas - and it doesn't have anything to do - no bearing on us because what's really important to we mutants is the life we love and share through RVing.

As for wanting a dishwasher - nothing wrong with that. If the rig brings happiness it is right. If it does not bring happiness you make it right. Very mutant to mutate - grow and change in my opinion.
RVM2
Old 11-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #5832

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven
Hey Wayne !!! It's " AS THE KIMONO OPENS Hide the Young and the Reckless" .... " Like sands through the hour glass so goes the days of our lives ... Will "All My Children" survive ? geeesssshhhhhh it could be a real sudsy soap opera. Cheers !!!!
"Opening the kimono" is a business cliche from the 1990s having to do with how and when and how much information to reveal to other business entities, especially subcontractors or foriegn entities.

I revived it from my vast repertoir of silly and generally useless cliches just for the GC. This repertoir is stored adjacent to my archives from the Ministry of Silly Walks.

I thank all of you sick twisted Mutants for the entertaining responses and knee-jerk reactions.

FYI, if I were to wear a kimono, which I will not, I would never open it very far, nor would I be "commando" if I were to open it, which I will not because I will not wear one.

However, I do have this one special garment.......[/QUOTE]

RVM1 - this RVM2 Over ----
Even Dogbert was in on it.

Name:   image-2101752190.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  21.1 KB
Old 11-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #5833

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For anyone in the Eastern Pennsylvania area this weekend:

On Saturday, Baconfest II is being held in Easton, Pa.

On Sunday, Bacontopia: A Celebration of Bacon is being held in Bethlehem, Pa.

I'm sure there are a lot of cardiologists in the area cringing at the thought.......
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:24 AM   #5834

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post

I'm sure there are a lot of cardiologists in the area cringing at the thought.......
That my friend is a mutant service announcement. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #5835
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

And finally - if Wayne ever offers you smoked meat, beware. When I emailed him today about the price of said equipment - he said - all ya need is to turn a fresh can upside down.

RVM2
Steve,
That is not true I did not say that. I said "..All you have to do is turn a garbage can upside down to use it as a smoker...." Or something like that.

Stop misquoting me!!!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #5836

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl

tanstaafl -- you have wandered onto the Rainbow thread of the RV Mutants. We appreciate your post and extend the offer to join us as a full fledged RVM. While anyone can post anywhere on iRV2 - we RVMs are a group of open minded, creative, free spirits. Some are vacationers - some are full time but all are mutants.

What joins us together is admitting that our rigs - whatever they may be - don't have some things and we don't miss them. We also make the journey our destination. If you'd like to join the curiosity of RVMs - tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss. And proclaim the journey is your destination.

If it all seems a little strange then perhaps go back to the first few posts in the thread and read how it all got started. You may find yourself laughing and wanting to join in the fun. You may not. Either way - thanks for the public service announcement. RVM do love bacon!

You may claim your RVM number with your next post. That would be... RVM57. You know what to do next.
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
Old 11-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #5837

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M

Steve,
That is not true I did not say that. I said "..All you have to do is turn a garbage can upside down to use it as a smoker...." Or something like that.

Stop misquoting me!!!
Sorry Wayne - my bad. Setting the record straight here:

"Dang! $xxx for a smoker. All you need is an upside down garbage can and some charcoal! No wonder you have to work so long."

No hard feelins allowed on the rainbow.

Let the record show - charcoal was all that was needed - NO (edited to include NO) wood chunks or chips. Wayne have you tried Q? I know from growing up down your way there were lots of white washed old houses with a smoker or two in the backyard -- some in the front yard even. The sold chopped brisket, links, sausage and a special treat - smoked baloney. Speaking of blowing smoke and baloney - good to hear from you so early in the day!
RVM2
Old 11-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #5838

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Jeff - you did post several times last night but nary a word about Jeepin the trail. Did ya see the sights and hear the sounds? How was the ride on the supply route to the sun? Inquiring mutants wanna know!