Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #5839
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve,
See, you got it wrong again. I blow bacon baloney. Come on now, get it right.

We have a farm about 35 miles away called Frobergs. They sell produce in the big store, but attached to it is a cubby-hole that has Q, venison, beef, chicken (that's not meat), brisket and I forgot the others. I'll have to check and see if the have bacon wrapped anything the next time.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #5840
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club

TOP THIS

BAKON VODKA
click on "BAKON VODKA"

Sorry Herb. Had I known earlier.... oh well.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #5841

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
tanstaafl -- you have wandered onto the Rainbow thread of the RV Mutants. We appreciate your post and extend the offer to join us as a full fledged RVM. While anyone can post anywhere on iRV2 - we RVMs are a group of open minded, creative, free spirits. Some are vacationers - some are full time but all are mutants.

What joins us together is admitting that our rigs - whatever they may be - don't have some things and we don't miss them. We also make the journey our destination. If you'd like to join the curiosity of RVMs - tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss. And proclaim the journey is your destination.

If it all seems a little strange then perhaps go back to the first few posts in the thread and read how it all got started. You may find yourself laughing and wanting to join in the fun. You may not. Either way - thanks for the public service announcement. RVM do love bacon!

You may claim your RVM number with your next post. That would be... RVM57. You know what to do next.
RVM2
-- Steve and Annie --
I have been following this thread for quite a while now (with more than just a bit of bemusement).

My rig is a lowly gasser - doesn't have a diesel engine, or an air bag suspension, and I don't want that (can't miss what you never had). I'm perfectly happy with the way it drives and handles.

I also don't have LED lights, solar panels, sattelite dish, blue ray player or a convection oven, and have no plans or desire to add them on.

And, if you can believe it, I don't have rope lights!!! Much prefer the glow from a campfire over electric lights outside.

I do, however, always travel with beer and bacon (two of my favorite food groups).

And, as you can see from my signature (although it is worded a little differently), the journey is our destination. We aren't full-timers, and probably never will be, but we do love getting out in the RV to escape the stress and pressures of everyday life.

I humbly accept your invitation (although I must admit that worries me a little - I'm reminded of a Groucho Marx quote - "I would never join a club that would have me as a member.)

Signing on as RVM 57,
Mark
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #5842
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #5843

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
I have been following this thread for quite a while now (with more than just a bit of bemusement). My rig is a lowly gasser - doesn't have a diesel engine, or an air bag suspension, and I don't want that (can't miss what you never had). I'm perfectly happy with the way it drives and handles. I also don't have LED lights, solar panels, sattelite dish, blue ray player or a convection oven, and have no plans or desire to add them on. And, if you can believe it, I don't have rope lights!!! Much prefer the glow from a campfire over electric lights outside. I do, however, always travel with beer and bacon (two of my favorite food groups). And, as you can see from my signature (although it is worded a little differently), the journey is our destination. We aren't full-timers, and probably never will be, but we do love getting out in the RV to escape the stress and pressures of everyday life. I humbly accept your invitation (although I must admit that worries me a little - I'm reminded of a Groucho Marx quote - "I would never join a club that would have me as a member.) Signing on as RVM 57, Mark
tanstaafl, aka Mark, now aka RVM57.
Welcome to RVMdom, you wonderful, sick, twisted Mutant!

Welcome aboard the rainbow!

Dave and Nola
RVM1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #5844

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
I have been following this thread for quite a while now (with more than just a bit of bemusement).

My rig is a lowly gasser - doesn't have a diesel engine, or an air bag suspension, and I don't want that (can't miss what you never had). I'm perfectly happy with the way it drives and handles.

I also don't have LED lights, solar panels, sattelite dish, blue ray player or a convection oven, and have no plans or desire to add them on.

And, if you can believe it, I don't have rope lights!!! Much prefer the glow from a campfire over electric lights outside.

I do, however, always travel with beer and bacon (two of my favorite food groups).

And, as you can see from my signature (although it is worded a little differently), the journey is our destination. We aren't full-timers, and probably never will be, but we do love getting out in the RV to escape the stress and pressures of everyday life.

I humbly accept your invitation (although I must admit that worries me a little - I'm reminded of a Groucho Marx quote - "I would never join a club that would have me as a member.)

Signing on as RVM 57,
Mark
Welcome, and if you've been following you know about our Curosity (rally) planned for April 24 thru 30 at Catherine's Landing, Hot Springs, Ar. Still time to plan, still room to park!

Welcome Rvm57
Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 AM   #5845

Steve and Wayne,

Please give me a clue on Q?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #5846

A shameless proposal for a silly idea.
An RVM motto: If it isn't fun, we are not doing it.

?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #5847

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Steve and Wayne,

Don't keep this under your kimono!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #5848

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski

Welcome, and if you've been following you know about our Curosity (rally) planned for April 24 thru 30 at Catherine's Landing, Hot Springs, Ar. Still time to plan, still room to park!

Welcome Rvm57
^^^ - What Tim and the others have said. We look forward to your ponders and contributions to the RVMdom.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #5849
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Steve and Wayne,

No way! It's a Texas thang.

Well, okay. "Q" is short for BBQ. You need to get out more often.

Edited: you were probably thinking "James Bond" stuff, right. Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to accuse you of thinking.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:28 AM   #5850

Fleetwood Owners Club
Must be a Texas thing?!?!? K
Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #5851

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
A shameless proposal for a silly idea.
An RVM motto: If it isn't fun, we are not doing it.

?
OK now you are surely showing your age, for I recall back in the 60's/70's we were always saying: If it fun or feels good, and hurts no one--DO IT. Which of course led to the commercial of "Just Do It". But the idea must be strong for such a sentiment to have survived the decades.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #5852

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
OK now you are surely showing your age, for I recall back in the 60's/70's we were always saying: If it fun or feels good, and hurts no one--DO IT. Which of course led to the commercial of "Just Do It". But the idea must be strong for such a sentiment to have survived the decades.
Mornin Judy - I thought it led to Rowan and Martins Laugh In.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote