Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #6147

Photo of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Look what the dog brought in!! I tried to entice you into posting yesterday by mentioning the photo of the day....
Sheesh! LOL. Part of the problem is that all the pix are on my laptop and I am usually using my I-pad when on the forum, since the laptop is for work. The I-pad is for the fun stuff. However, I got my sorry butt off the sofa and back to the desk, so here you are, two for the price of one. Both taken in Florida in the late 70s, both Polaroid transfers. You take the peel apart negative image which is normally discarded and pressure transfer it onto wet watercolor paper. Beef & Beer, but alas, no bacon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beef&beer.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	49723   Click image for larger version

Name:	shells.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	49724  

Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #6148

My dear RVMs,

Having the RVM website in our signatures is not recommended. I ask that you do not do so, okay?

Our modus operandi does not include active RVM recruitment anyways. The website can be provided as required in other ways.

Thanks for your understanding, you sick twisted Mutants! PM me with any questions.

Having the RV Mutants avatar is really grand though, ain't it?

Dave
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #6149

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oops! Guess I started something with the super nifty avatar Steve made.
My bad.

Hmmm....what if we all put this in our signatures?
m.rvmutants.com
Yuuuuppp.....

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #6150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47 View Post
I am new to the Mutant group but have read some of your posts and my husband Jim and I thank you and all others who feel about our military as you do. Our oldest grandson who is now 28 is an injured retired Marine who served 2 tours in Iraq. His dream from childhood was to be a Marine which he did when he was 18 years old.

On this day I always thank of my dad who was of the "greatest generation" serving in the Army in WWII, jumping at Normany and in the Battle of the Bulge as a member of the 101st Airborne. But I also think of my ancestors that fought in the American Revolution, the War of 1812, the Civil War, and Korea.

Again, thank you.
You are welcome Ginny. It is their service and sacrifice that insures our ability to enjoy life the way that we do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #6151

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
My dear RVMs,

Having the RVM website in our signatures is not recommended. I ask that you do not do so, okay?

Our modus operandi does not include active RVM recruitment anyways. The website can be provided as required in other ways.

Thanks for your understanding, you sick twisted Mutants! PM me with any questions.

Having the RV Mutants avatar is really grand though, ain't it?

Dave
So I'm kinda slow.... are you sayin' we cn have the avatar but don't use it in signature? or do we gotta take it off as avatar also?
Old 11-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #6152

Woo..Whoooo... Reached the end of the thread...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1374300_580534898668793_1240703308_n.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	49728

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #6153

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nevermind! I just reread what it was you wrote it was RVM website not to use. DUH!?!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #6154

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
Nevermind! I just reread what it was you wrote it was RVM website not to use. DUH!?!
Yes the link in the signature line is for "personal sites" like Dave and Nolas or Suspinz Blog. Even though our site is not a business - it gives an appearance of an advertisement if a curiosity of mutants all have it in their signature. Fine line I guess - as Progressive Industries, for example, should probably pay some of us royalties for mentions and links in posts, and the Cheap Handling fix is listed, but not linked, in many signatures. All of that said - iRV2 is our home - the only forum many mutants are registered on, and this mutant has learned so much here I am more than happy to forego a link in my signature line.

Our site has it's own unique purpose - is not a Bulletin Board and is not a replacement for our home here. And once again - I encourage all mutants to spend the $15.03 to become iRV2 Supporters. Along with more memory space, an enhanced signature line and the iRV2 decal, and more - it's nice to give back to such a rich resource. Btw - at renewal time this year - I received another decal. Haven't used the first yet - but I have plans for it!

Carry on mutants.
The Journey is the Destination!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #6155

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Evenin Muteys how the world is everyone tonite? Can I just say how blessed I feel to be living in this great country? Even with our social, economic, and political problems we are still the greatest nation on the face of this earth. And we owe a debt of gratitude to our veterans that provide the blanket of freedom that we tend to take for granted. Today is not just about saying thank you to all who have served, today is also remembering those families that have loved ones that paid the ultimate sacrifice thru loss of life and limbs and did so with great honor. My heart cannot adequately express in words the sense of pride I feel when I see the efforts of the Wounded Warriors projects all across our country. I am more than proud and willing to give of my finances and my talents, limited though they may be, to this fine organization. Finally our country is stepping up to the plate for our vets in ways that have never been done before. I can humbly say a simple and inadequate "thank you for your service."
Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #6156

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Rofl cause Liz you just made a huge mistake. Us mutant fat boys can put away the pastries so get at cookin cause guess whose comin to dinner? it ain't Sydney Portier! It's about 114 of your new closest friends. It will take you from now till the GC to get stocked up. LOL
All Mutants are invited to attend, although with 114 plus my family it will be a little crowded at the table. Dinner's around 3, desserts whenever we recover from dinner.

I will probably not be able to attend the GC - dear spouse is just about to start a new job (four offers on the table, thankfully), so probably won't have accrued enough time for us to go.

However, if you are traveling in or through the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, give me a shout - I always have coffee on and something in the oven.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #6157

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well Muteys here it is hot off the tv so you know it's true! Letterman announced tonite in his monologue that there is a new deodorant available and guess what? It is BACON scented!
Finally....nirvana for all true mutants!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #6158

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well Muteys here it is hot off the tv so you know it's true! Letterman announced tonite in his monologue that there is a new deodorant available and guess what? It is BACON scented!
Finally....nirvana for all true mutants!
Uh, wouldn't that mean every stray dog in town would follow you home. And what about our coyote problem? We saw another one Sat night Bacon scented deodorant might just be a very dangerous product
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #6159

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Will take a look on laptop later - but yes. Barb sent me an email that she liked the "out the windshield" look. I hadn't thought of that way.

But for now - push has come to shove here in North Texas. While it won't last we have 28 degrees in our forecast for overnight Tuesday / Wed morning so it's off to winterize. I'm sure it would be ok - but will have to be done eventually. Like many a mutant - hard to do it - but gotta be done.

Later my mutant friends!
RVM2
Aaarrrggghhh... push came to shove in Kansas too... so we had a couple jugs of pink stuff and hubby bought an air compressor, and while I was at work... he messed up because it is my toy and he knows not enough...
so he did empty the water heater, he attempted to blow the lines, but I had left the turn cock open on the fresh water storage tank when I drained it this AM and then went off to work. So he pours all the pink stuff in and none is coming out the faucets. I got home from work and he gravely told me all this and then sadly said, I found it (pink stuff) all leaking out the bottom. Well, I knew what the trouble was...went in to close the turn cock, but we were out of pink stuff (at 9:30 PM when I got home from work) so I go to Wal Mart and apparently everyone else had the same idea today I guess... no pink stuff. So I, being very discouraged, came home and rummaged about to find his little trailer electric heater, opened the seats where the water tank, water heater, and water lines run, and opened the bathroom door and the cupbord under the kitchen sink, turned the heater on, and am hoping and praying for the best until I can go O'reily's, or if they have none, to KC tomorrow and get some pink stuff.
If anyone is still up... send in the direction of my poor little Honey, warm thoughts and prayers, Please!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #6160

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJoanFLA View Post
You can do anything with Printmaster, the internet and lots of time!
I still have the original Printmaster on a 5& A/quarter.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote