Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #6231

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Do you ever see parrots in the trees? We have eight parrots, and I would love to see them free-flying.

0>
())
' '
Haven't seen them in FL, and those would only be escapees in any case. I think you have to get into the Amazon basin or Central America to see them free-flying. I do remember lots of parakeets and lorikeets wild when we lived in Ecuador.

OTOH, there is an African Gray named Bobbie who lives near our spot in the KOA (Naples, FL). She talks all the time, even luring down an osprey once last winter to have a screaming match with it. Screen doors, burps, dog barks, dog whistles, and English phrases...we're not always sure if it's the real thing or if it's Bobbie.

Hope to meet at least 1 of your parrots sometime!

Cheers!
Sue
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #6232

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue, I normally don't use the IRV2 app. for my iPad, I use Safari instead but when I need to post more than one picture I jump to the app. cause it works well for that.
"Sometimes I just sets and thinks, and sometimes I just sets."

I'll just have to set and think to figger our what it is I'm actually doing when it's going wrong. I thought I was using the app in the phone for quoting and for "Manage[ing] Attachments". I've done all this before without problems, so don't know yet what I've changed. Or is it all those dang updates that screw things up???

Cheers!
Sue
Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #6233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
[Quoting]
Originally Posted by Wayne M
Steve,
That is not true I did not say that. I said "..All you have to do is turn a garbage can upside down to use it as a smoker...." Or something like that.

Stop misquoting me!!!
[unQuoting]

Nope! I meant garbage cam. Haven't you ever had a Garbage Can Dinner?

The Texas Boomers have garbage can dinners all the time at the get-to-gethers. Umm! Good food.
Aha! Garbage can it is, then. I meant trash and garbage as interchangeable, only because when our MA neighbors in the FL CG do it, they call it trashcan. Same diff, no?

All I knew to this point was Trashcan Turkey. Do you cook other Good Food in them down your way? Inquisitive minds, and all that!

Cheers!
Sue
Old 11-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #6234

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nov 2014 or April 2015. If you are at the GC we can chew on it a bit.
Yes?
Yeppers! Looking forward to chewing on that and lots of other topics, as well as all that great bacon and etouffee and gumbo and ....

Cheers!
Sue
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #6235

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
HOpe you have a thermos of tasty warm stuff with you!
I spent a good deal of time researching heated socks and gloves for DH so he can fly in the winter without freezing... and none of the battery operated ones had wonderful reviews so I opted to get him the kind motorcyclists wear that run off their bike batteries. Do you mess with the battery powewred ones and are they helpful?
Polypropylene liner socks then a pair of wool socks over them. Tried some of the battery socks while duck hunting a couple times and they made my feet sweat and in turn get freezing cold. Yes plenty of Folgers was consumed!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #6236

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Aha! Garbage can it is, then. I meant trash and garbage as interchangeable, only because when our MA neighbors in the FL CG do it, they call it trashcan. Same diff, no? All I knew to this point was Trashcan Turkey. Do you cook other Good Food in them down your way? Inquisitive minds, and all that! Cheers! Sue
Having been a G-man in the T biz for some 45 years I speak with some measure of authority ....the the proper term is "trashcan" ( the container) and garbage can (when filled with trash) . Now that we have cleared that up, Evenin Muteys! I trust your rainbow is bright with color and a pot-o- gold lays waiting for you to discover.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #6237

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Look, this guy almost landed on Jeff's head today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131113_192225.png
Views:	85
Size:	425.9 KB
ID:	49902
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #6238

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Yeppers! Looking forward to chewing on that and lots of other topics, as well as all that great bacon and etouffee and gumbo and ....

Cheers!
Sue
Dave, we too must talk, had planned for 2014 Panama Canal trip but had to move back to 2015, Sue we'll want to bend your ear also!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #6239

Quote:
Dave, we too must talk, had planned for 2014 Panama Canal trip but had to move back to 2015, Sue we'll want to bend your ear also!
Oh no! Maybe an MC in the PC? Sheesh!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #6240

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Oh yes!!

When?
But Texas is so far away!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #6241

Quote:
But Texas is so far away!
Okay. No Texas.

2 more for the MC in the PC? 6 of us. Cool
Old 11-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #6242

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Okay. No Texas.

2 more for the MC in the PC? 6 of us. Cool
It's on my short list! Looks like ya'll had a great time watching the parachutist and considering we are having 20 degree nights and 40's days the short sleeves looked good too!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #6243

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Having been a G-man in the T biz for some 45 years I speak with some measure of authority ....the the proper term is "trashcan" ( the container) and garbage can (when filled with trash) . Now that we have cleared that up, Evenin Muteys! I trust your rainbow is bright with color and a pot-o- gold lays waiting for you to discover.
G-man, schmee man Herb. The name of the round file, regardless of what size or shape it is entirely dependent as to where you learned the word.

I spent 90% of my childhood in Texas. Heck, I was even born in Texas City, TX. You can get more native than that! Anyway, I ended up going to 6th grade in New York City, PS 59 to be exact.

One day I went up to my teacher, Mrs. Muller, and asked if she has a paper sack that I could use. She called the entire class to order to point out that I, a kid raised in Texas, called the paper things that you brought groceries home in, sacks. Whereas everyone else in New York City referred to them as "paper bags". She said that I wasn't wrong, I had just grown up in a different part of the country and learned different names for some things.

So there, trash can or garbage can... both are right, Mrs Muller said so!

Now ponder this one... What do you call the usually carbonated beverage that often accompanies a burger and fries? Not specific, the general word used to describe the category of beverage. I have heard SO many different words used in that context.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #6244

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
G-man, schmee man Herb. The name of the round file, regardless of what size or shape it is entirely dependent as to where you learned the word. I spent 90% of my childhood in Texas. Heck, I was even born in Texas City, TX. You can get more native than that! Anyway, I ended up going to 6th grade in New York City, PS 59 to be exact. One day I went up to my teacher, Mrs. Muller, and asked if she has a paper sack that I could use. She called the entire class to order to point out that I, a kid raised in Texas, called the paper things that you brought groceries home in, sacks. Whereas everyone else in New York City referred to them as "paper bags". She said that I wasn't wrong, I had just grown up in a different part of the country and learned different names for some things. So there, trash can or garbage can... both are right, Mrs Muller said so! Now ponder this one... What do you call the usually carbonated beverage that often accompanies a burger and fries? Not specific, the general word used to describe the category of beverage. I have heard SO many different words used in that context.
Rubbish can?