Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #6273

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns

I would love to see them. Large macaws can fly up to 50 miles in a day foraging for food. I know they're noisy and messy - I hope they quieted down at dark!

One of the trips we want to take next spring is to Asheville, NC. There is a parrot sanctuary there.
What denomination are parrots? Oops - never mind - don't want to break any rules regarding such things.

My grandfather had an aviary in his back yard when I was a kid. No parrots but love birds, parakeets, finches and other small guys. He had California pheasant running wild as well. That lead me as a younger man to have a mated pair of cockatiels but that was as far as I got. Love birds and going to make bird watching a part of our full-time adventure. We moved to Texas when I was 10, not to far from High Island. Living in that area I took seeing many species of birds for granted. We have have watched the movie The Big Year several times. It's a great film. Not parrot oriented at all but birds are something special! As are all the creatures under the rainbow!!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #6274

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
And Casa Grande Natl Monument.

Attachment 49878

Hey My Mutant Friends,

Just so ya know that Dave was there with Nola I will post proof, we definitely felt the pull of long ago ancestors while at the Indian Ruins, those long ago travelers that would pick up and move on to other pastures much like we do while we ride the rainbow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM6024.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	49923
At The Ruins, See Dave and Dave and Nola and Deb and Marcia I thankfully was behind the camera

Name:	HPIM6010.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	49924
And here at the airfield, it was way to windy for the jumpers to jump, my thoughts from an airplane with an open door it would always be to windy to jump

Name:	HPIM6006.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	49925
There are people attached to those pieces of silk !!!!

Hopefully we will get a chance to mutate again while we are here for the winter. And once we get to the great state of Texas, we are hopeful of another mini before the grande with our resident Texans....

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #6275

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Update on GC @ CL
For those that may have missed it - or have yet to catch up with the thread.

The First Ever Grande Curiosity (RV Mutant Rally) is scheduled for April 24 - 30th 2014 at Catherines Landing near Hot Springs Arkansas. For more information or to sign up - visit our new website: www.rvmutants.com

We currently have 18 mutants registered and 15 have made their depose with CL. Unfortunately wthur will be unable to attend due a schedule conflict.

Sites on the river are $28/night with full hook ups and sites immediately across the street from our lake sites are $26/night. There is a link to the park website and site layout on our website. We currently have 8 reserved and still available sites:

48, 49, 98, 99, 100, 107, 116 and 118.

More sites are and will be available for some time but reserve early if you can. The 1 day deposit to CL is refundable up until 3 days prior to the GC @ CL.

Hope to c'ya there.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Old 11-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #6276

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Update on GC @ CL
For those that may have missed it - or have yet to catch up with the thread.

The First Ever Grande Curiosity (RV Mutant Rally) is scheduled for April 24 - 30th 2014 at Catherines Landing near Hot Springs Arkansas. For more information or to sign up - visit our new website: www.rvmutants.com

We currently have 18 mutants registered and 15 have made their depose with CL. Unfortunately wthur will be unable to attend due a schedule conflict.

Sites on the river are $28/night with full hook ups and sites immediately across the street from our lake sites are $26/night. There is a link to the park website and site layout on our website. We currently have 8 reserved and still available sites:

48, 49, 98, 99, 100, 107, 116 and 118.

More sites are and will be available for some time but reserve early if you can. The 1 day deposit to CL is refundable up until 3 days prior to the GC @ CL.

Hope to c'ya there.
RVM2 -- Steve and Annie --
Hi Steve !!!

That was a good idea to post about the curiosity again, that way if some of the new mutants hadnt read all of these posts they may have missed it.

I have a feeling that if the GC is anything like the MC's I dont know how we are going to find time for sight seeing or dinner theaters or anything, had so much fun just talking and getting to know each other that it was hard to do anything else, in fact Marcia had to tell me to behave, can you imagine that ?

Anyway all that may be looking if you can plan time to meet us in Hot Springs I know you would have a good time.

One thing I was going to ask Davedeb1 was when they were at the Duck Commander outpost did they meet any of the bearded wonders ? and just how big the warehouse was, but we kept getting side tracked by other thoughts and ideas that just kept popping up spontaneously

I think that I am going to have to put Paris, Texas on my bucket list !!!

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #6277

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hi Steve !!! That was a good idea to post about the curiosity again, that way if some of the new mutants hadnt read all of these posts they may have missed it. I have a feeling that if the GC is anything like the MC's I dont know how we are going to find time for sight seeing or dinner theaters or anything, had so much fun just talking and getting to know each other that it was hard to do anything else, in fact Marcia had to tell me to behave, can you imagine that ? Anyway all that may be looking if you can plan time to meet us in Hot Springs I know you would have a good time. One thing I was going to ask Davedeb1 was when they were at the Duck Commander outpost did they meet any of the bearded wonders ? and just how big the warehouse was, but we kept getting side tracked by other thoughts and ideas that just kept popping up spontaneously I think that I am going to have to put Paris, Texas on my bucket list !!! Cheers !!!
Nola never, ever tells me to behave.
She just walks away from me.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #6278

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven

Nola never, ever tells me to behave.
She just walks away from me.
Thanks for the tip. I'm sure she is saint!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #6279

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm sure she is saint!
She is simply wise! I cannot embarass her if she aint there.

Nice avatar, BTW
Old 11-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #6280

S____t happens

Fellow mutants, time for me to ask for prayers. Our beautiful 27 year old daughter was rushed to hospital last night after suffering a major seizure. She had a second in the emergency. So far all tests negative. Apparently she has been having problems with language comprehension on and off for a year and a half. She saw a doctor, but symptoms were so vague they did nothing. She says that when people speak it sounds like gibberish and she cannot reply either. Lasts from a few moments to many minutes. I am SO worried. She will be having an MRI tomorrow. Ted is 300 miles away back home with the dogs. Our son is here in Toronto. Kyla was supposed to fly to Japan today for two weeks. The only blessing is that she was at my best friend's house when it first haapened and not in an airplane headed for a foreign country, and my friend was there to call the ambulance. I never made the trip to Toronto so fast. Running on about 4 hours sleep since Wed
AM.
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #6281
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tina,
Prayers are with your daughter and you.
God bless.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #6282

Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Fellow mutants, time for me to ask for prayers. Our beautiful 27 year old daughter was rushed to hospital last night after suffering a major seizure.
Oh my gosh!

Prayers are on the way for your dear daughter, you and your family.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #6283

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh my. Annie and I send our thoughts and prayers to you, your daughter and entire family.
Please keep us informed as best you can.
Steve and Annie
Old 11-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #6284
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey My Mutant Friends,...........
....At The Ruins, See Dave and Dave and Nola and Deb and Marcia I thankfully was behind the camera..........
Cheers !!!
Alright now, it's time for some elder instructions. On the camera there is a setting called "time exposure" or words to that affect depending on the camera.

Set it on a rock, set the scene, push the time setting button, and the run like heck to get in the pictures.

Oops! Sorry, running 15 feet may be a chore that none of you can complete in time.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #6285

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Set it on a rock, set the scene, push the time setting button, and the run like heck to get in the pictures.

Oops! Sorry, running 15 feet may be a chore that none of you can complete in time.
You got that right!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #6286

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
Fellow mutants, time for me to ask for prayers. Our beautiful 27 year old daughter was rushed to hospital last night after suffering a major seizure. She had a second in the emergency. So far all tests negative. Apparently she has been having problems with language comprehension on and off for a year and a half. She saw a doctor, but symptoms were so vague they did nothing. She says that when people speak it sounds like gibberish and she cannot reply either. Lasts from a few moments to many minutes. I am SO worried. She will be having an MRI tomorrow. Ted is 300 miles away back home with the dogs. Our son is here in Toronto. Kyla was supposed to fly to Japan today for two weeks. The only blessing is that she was at my best friend's house when it first haapened and not in an airplane headed for a foreign country, and my friend was there to call the ambulance. I never made the trip to Toronto so fast. Running on about 4 hours sleep since Wed
AM.
Our prayers are with you daughter and the whole family.
Keep us all posted and take care of yourself. It is easy
to allow yourself to become very rundown at time like these.