Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #6469

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Alas - Jags are not towable 4 down. At least not automatics - and you have to go back aways to find one with a manual tranny - and you would want to trailer that XKE or other stick shifter.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #6470

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Alas - Jags are not towable 4 down. At least not automatics - and you have to go back aways to find one with a manual tranny - and you would want to trailer that XKE or other stick shifter.

Hi Steve !!!

Is it now time to insert subliminal messages (JEEP) .....or do I wait until the Grand Poobah chimes in (JEEP) .... or KSCRUDE (JEEP) or Suspins (JEEP) or Falcon190 (JEEP)... or do I just need to shamelessly plug the CG@CL or let you do it .....

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #6471

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
GRRRRRrrrrr. Venting post here. I took my spouse's car to work today because we had a high wind advisory and I drive through a mountain pass to work. Her car is heavier than my daily driver, the Honda CR-V that we purchased to tow behind the MH. Purchased new in June, it has 4000 miles on it. It was parked in front of my house, on a clear day, and our street is about 75 feet wide. A neighbor lady, 87, driving her land yacht Buick, managed to crash into it. It's completely messed up, and I think the frame may be bent. So my spouse runs outside, and the lady says "I didn't see it. I'm going home. I have to pack. I'm leaving tomorrow on a three month trip...in my motor home." AAAAAAGGGGGgggggggghhhhhhh. My brand new baby all crushed to heck and back.
ROFL not at you but at the thought of an 87 y/o little lady hitting your car because she can't see it so she is leaving in her motor home????? EEEEk; what type and color is it so I can stay. Waaaaay outta her way?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #6472

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
ROFL not at you but at the thought of an 87 y/o little lady hitting your car because she can't see it so she is leaving in her motor home????? EEEEk; what type and color is it so I can stay. Waaaaay outta her way?
Hey Herb !!!

Its probably a Prevost with a crew, all a sumptuous 45 feet long with training wheels to boot.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #6473

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Welcome wingennis to our side of the rainbow. 37? I got underwear that old! Oooops...did I say that? Well glad to have a youngin hang with old farts like Wayne and Dave and hmmmm guess I better shut up. RVM31 out!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #6474

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hi Steve !!!

Is it now time to insert subliminal messages (JEEP) .....or do I wait until the Grand Poobah chimes in (JEEP) .... or KSCRUDE (JEEP) or Suspins (JEEP) or Falcon190 (JEEP)... or do I just need to shamelessly plug the CG@CL or let you do it .....

Cheers !!!!
A Jeep is in our future but we are spoiled by our old beater 94 Vanden Plas and 97 XJ6. While the Jeep can do many things - I will bet you a weeks supply of bacon it does not match the ride of a Jag - old or new. Both of ours have their issues - but ride is not one of them and with 135k+ miles on each I can't complain. They have treated us well. I still miss my XJS V12. That was as smooth a ride and fast cat once it was at highway speed. It wasn't that fast of the line and acceleration was best when jumping from 65 - 120. It went the way of other aluminum meets iron of the day - sucked it's valve seat and that was that. Again - 120k+ miles. Then ones are way too pricy and only vintage holds it's value. But if one is willing to drive them until they turn to dust - they will last a good long while. My two probably have another 100k miles left in em.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #6475

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I sort of knew that, but a girl can hope! I'd be terrified to drive it on campground roads - the clearance on the XF is pretty low.

I'm afraid the Honda is toast. I haven't been home yet but spouse says the "middle is all shoved in." I looked at pictures. I think we may be car shopping next weekend. It's being towed to the repair shop this afternoon and I'm going to pick up a rental.

To all the new mutants, WELCOME!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #6476

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns

I sort of knew that, but a girl can hope! I'd be terrified to drive it on campground roads - the clearance on the XF is pretty low.

I'm afraid the Honda is toast. I haven't been home yet but spouse says the "middle is all shoved in." I looked at pictures. I think we may be car shopping next weekend. It's being towed to the repair shop this afternoon and I'm going to pick up a rental.

Yes indeed - and since you're not full time a Jag would be great. When you're out and about get two near cars - A Jag for you and Toad for the MH!!

BTW - sorry this happened. Never a good time for such things. Maybe they will have a Trukey Day Sale going on...
Old 11-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #6477

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Roaders View Post
Well I read the first 68 pages and enjoyed every moment!! We are defiantly mutants as we enjoy the older less complicated way of life. We are part time full timers 5 months in our rig in Mexico and a few weeks there & back. The rest of the year in the s&b :(
We have no slides, dw says he doesn't want them, bound to have leaks sooner or later. We have no satellite dish, sleep number bed or central vacuum. Don't need or miss any of them.
For sure the journey is the destination, there would be nothing left to do if you actually arrived would there! Am I RVM59?
Anyone that would read the first 68 pages is defenetly a mutent.

WELCOME ABOARD

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #6478

Quote:

Oh Elizabeth,

Remember if you can find a good used Vehicle, you will save money as well, instead of taking that depreciation hit driving new off the lot for the first time.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #6479

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
The MH is a Winnebago at least 20 years old, and pretty rough from the outside. I drove by their house yesterday afternoon and pointed out to my spouse the haphazard stack of boards that the rear wheels were parked on. It looked like it might roll backward at any moment, and the wheels were not chocked. I'm thinking this could turn out badly.

If you're out driving and see an old Winnie in Virginia, pull over. No, wait, that didn't help the Honda.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #6480

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Elizabeth, this incident may turn out to be your golden opportunity. You were no way at fault, unless parked illegally. Her insurance has to pay! I was in a similar situation wit an 83 year old unlicensed driver who left the scene of the accident. Fortunately, her car quit a block away.

You are in the driver's seat here. Contact your insurance agent and ask what you can expect them to pay and then add some to that. If her insurance company doesn't want to pay what you want, the magic words are, "Well, I guess I'll have to hire an attorney." They know the costs of settling the claim will double if an attorney is involved so they will usually see things your way.

I've gotten 2 new cars that way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #6481

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Elizabeth, this incident may turn out to be your golden opportunity. You were no way at fault, unless parked illegally. Her insurance has to pay! I was in a similar situation wit an 83 year old unlicensed driver who left the scene of the accident. Fortunately, her car quit a block away. You are in the driver's seat here. Contact your insurance agent and ask what you can expect them to pay and then add some to that. If her insurance company doesn't want to pay what you want, the magic words are, "Well, I guess I'll have to hire an attorney." They know the costs of settling the claim will double if an attorney is involved so they will usually see things your way. I've gotten 2 new cars that way.
What Barb said; ditto
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #6482

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Does anyone know if you can tow a Jaguar XF four down?! I may need a new car!
If you'll dive me a days notice, I'll come drive the Jag for you while we are going down the road.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote