Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #6623

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl
Well, after getting out of the hospital, I finally got around to winterizing the RV last week. Of course it was the coldest night so far this season. Just about the time my fingers were frozen solid and I could no longer feel them, my mind started to wander, and I came up with a question that I haven't been able to answer. Why are there black and gray waste tanks? Why not just one waste tank? P-traps and roof vents should take care of any odor problems, so that can't be it. Is it strictly a size issue? A left over convention from an earlier time? Anybody know the answer?
Cannot answer your question - but you were in the hospital?? We would have sent hope you a running strong. All the best.
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #6624

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Minor heart issue - completely treatable by medication.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #6625

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
Minor heart issue - completely treatable by medication.
I got some flowers

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131120_065726.png
Views:	58
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	50352
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #6626

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just guessing, but finding somewhere to place a single tank with the capacity of the two could be one problem, being able to get all the pipes to drain to that tank another problem and I'm assuming there are still sites that allow gray water to drain onto ground and that couldn't happen. Keep in mind where you ask that question( mutant thread) and be prepared for all the answers to follow! Glad your out of hospital and capable to handle the task!
Old 11-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #6627

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
DANG! All the good stuff happens when I'm having to make miles because I was too busy enjoying Florida to leave for a reunion in Topeka in enough time to smell the flowers beside the road.

I humbly stand before you professing my suitability for RV Mutant indoctrination.

I have no musical talent, but I don't miss it -- I enjoy the talent of others.
I have only 25' of RV, but don't miss the other 10’-15’ some have.
I have no DH, but sure as heck don't miss him or need another.
I do propose that I travel with the RVM mascot, her majesty Sena

Might I be installed as an RV Mutant and assigned an official RVM designation?
I went back and reread some of the old posts to catch up and thought this was great. Especially the part about the DH my significant other couldn't get onboard the fulltime life because my rig is "only" 36', and doesnt have room for his 50" television. After some deep soul searching, I agreed. He didn't fit
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #6628

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I suspect the most important reason for 2 tanks is that the gray water tank is connected to the shower and the sinks. If you overfill your gray water tank and the run water in the sink your shower will become the overflow tank. I wouldn't want to find the black water contents in the shower. In my coach I can see the contents of the black down inside the toilet when it is getting close to capacity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #6629

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^ - There is much wisdom in your decision to read the ancient RVM ponderings, affirmations and mutantations. The foundation of the RVMdom was constructed one post, one ponder, one mutant at a time. Quotations from the early days of April are always a welcome reminder of how we got where we are today!
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:05 AM   #6630
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Wayne,

FYI Capuchin monkeys of Sena's sub-species were named for their resemblance to the haircut and robe color of the religious order of Capuchin monks. They later discovered that their were other colors of capuchin monkeys that weren't brown with black on the top of their heads but the name was already established.
I did not know that, Hmmm! You brought back some good memories. Back in '05 I made the Run For The Wall, and Rolling Thunder. My cousin was, and is again, in DC and I asked if he wanted to ride with me in the Rolling Thunder. He used to ride a motorcycle. So when he showed up in the parking lot with his helmet and jeans I asked, "Where's your skirt?" He got a chuckle out of it and we had a very good ride, if you can understand doing 70 mph down Constitution Ave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
I'm glad that the hot air is leaving, that way we can brag and f**t some more, just listen to Steve and Wayne.
I would have never believed another Texasn would be pinging on other Texans. Shheessh, what has the world come to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Wow, look at all that hot air racig north into Manitoba and Western Ontario from down in Waynes World. You would think he would aim all that excess hot air up where his buddy lives on the west coast of Canada.
I decline to send any "hot air" up that way since the billowing I hear from that geographical area is hot air at it's best. (And most likely is odoriferous.)
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #6631

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I decline to send any "hot air" up that way since the billowing I hear from that geographical area is hot air at it's best. (And most likely is odoriferous.)
Is that billowing or bellowing.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #6632

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
.... my mind started to wander, and I came up with a question that I haven't been able to answer. Why are there black and gray waste tanks? Why not just one waste tank? P-traps and roof vents should take care of any odor problems, so that can't be it. Is it strictly a size issue? A left over convention from an earlier time? Anybody know the answer?
My in laws were in the RV business in the late 50's and back then it was OK to drain your sink and tub water on the ground. Along time ago, on some trailers, the two tanks weren't even connected. Everyone carried a 50' hose to get the water away from the trailer. We weren't as conscious about germs as we are now. Even today some of the campers out in the backwoods are letting the gray water out on the ground as a way of reusing the water. I've seen this in dry areas of the country.

Our dehumidifier drains into the kitchen sink and I have a 75' garden hose attached to my dump valve so the gray tank drains all the time. Down here 70% humidity is a dry day so we make alot of water keeping the coach dry during storage.

Size has never been a problem, just look at your fresh water tank - it's only one tank.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #6633

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
.....Who knows. Maybe one day there will be an RVM rally and we all get together and share adventures in like minded journeys! Look forward to that day.
The above excerpt from 4/14/2013.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #6634

Monaco Owners Club
Car saga continues...

I left several messages for the claims adjuster yesterday in an attempt to get the repairs started and obtain a rental car. Right before five pm, I called the insurance agent. She called the claims adjuster, who then called me. But get this - they won't authorize the repairs or rental car until they talk to the lady who hit me, even though the agent talked to her on Monday and we have a police report in which she admitted that she was at fault. The lady is traveling by MH to California and doesn't have a cell phone.

The adjuster says - "Well, you can drive your car until we talk to our insured."

Oh really? How would you like me to open and close the door? It's jammed shut.

Doesn't matter, she says..."we won't talk to you again until we talk to Mrs. B, our insured. "

I think it's time to lawyer up.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #6635
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Is that billowing or bellowing.
Hmm! Interesting observation.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #6636

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Car saga continues...

I left several messages for the claims adjuster yesterday in an attempt to get the repairs started and obtain a rental car. Right before five pm, I called the insurance agent. She called the claims adjuster, who then called me. But get this - they won't authorize the repairs or rental car until they talk to the lady who hit me, even though the agent talked to her on Monday and we have a police report in which she admitted that she was at fault. The lady is traveling by MH to California and doesn't have a cell phone.

The adjuster says - "Well, you can drive your car until we talk to our insured."

Oh really? How would you like me to open and close the door? It's jammed shut.

Doesn't matter, she says..."we won't talk to you again until we talk to Mrs. B, our insured. "

I think it's time to lawyer up.

X10 that car is undrivable, there are way to many safety issues with it right now.
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote