Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #7141

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Jeff - forgot to mention - the testing by removing thermistor should be done on AC not gas.

Russell - when he removed the thermistor last night (no power to it) the temp was rising over time. So I don't think moving it around is going to do anything, and if not cooling without it, I think that sort of eliminates it from the list of usual suspects.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #7142

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Unfortunately, my significant other doesn't like the Wrangler. I got voted down for all but the four mentioned, either on price, style or brand.

I may have to rethink the dolly towed Jaguar.

Geessshhhhh !!! doesnt like the Wrangler ... ... But, But, But it has built in roll bars and everything !!!!

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #7143

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns
Unfortunately, my significant other doesn't like the Wrangler. I got voted down for all but the four mentioned, either on price, style or brand.

I may have to rethink the dolly towed Jaguar.
Truth be told, I have never ridden in or driven a stock Wrangler. A good friend had a jacked up - super sized tires - heavy duty after market suspension model. If a stock unit rides like that around town I'm calling misery loves company on our mutant Wrangler boys. Of course my friend could climb a tree with his, which was nice when such a thing is encountered.

As for used Wranglers - around here - no doing. A couple years old - a few $k less than new, high miles etc. Anyone who doubts it - put 50 miles from Plano in Cars dot com or other app and please prove me wrong. Been looking for one to go check out for a while and they are not there.

I'm not sure of the 4 wheels down on the vehicles on your short list but they are all nice. Good luck and hope it stops snowing.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #7144

this is so true

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #7145

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Jeff - forgot to mention - the testing by removing thermistor should be done on AC not gas.

Russell - when he removed the thermistor last night (no power to it) the temp was rising over time. So I don't think moving it around is going to do anything, and if not cooling without it, I think that sort of eliminates it from the list of usual suspects.
Hi Steve !!

I was well aware of that, and that was how it was tested as well, and remember I did the thermistor test and that little fella did just fine, at least according to the internal diagnostics on the interior control panel.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #7146

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep

Hi Steve !!

I was well aware of that, and that was how it was tested as well, and remember I did the thermistor test and that little fella did just fine, at least according to the internal diagnostics on the interior control panel.

Cheers !!!
Roger That. Let is know how it turns out.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #7147

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I'm not sure of the 4 wheels down on the vehicles on your short list but they are all nice. Good luck and hope it stops snowing.
All of the models were/are on the Motorhome Magazine Dinghy Towing Guide. Nevertheless, I will be reading the owner's manual for four down information before signing on the line for anything. The CR-V is fine four down, too - I just don't like the blasted thing.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #7148

Quote:
Truth be told, I have never ridden in or driven a stock Wrangler. A good friend had a jacked up - super sized tires - heavy duty after market suspension model. If a stock unit rides like that around town I'm calling misery loves company on our mutant Wrangler boys. Of course my friend could climb a tree with his, which was nice when such a thing is encountered.

As for used Wranglers - around here - no doing. A couple years old - a few $k less than new, high miles etc. Anyone who doubts it - put 50 miles from Plano in Cars dot com or other app and please prove me wrong. Been looking for one to go check out for a while and they are not there.

Steve !!!

I dont drive a tree crawler, Marcia would never let me do that. Ours is stock, with front and rear windshield washers , heat and air, and radio with cd, stock stock stock, it has cruise control and headlights and even mirrors, oh and it has a horn too, goes in and out of 4-wheel with the pull of a lever, has seatbelts and storage compartments, and it even rides on stock shocks that are nice especially on bumps, we have the 4-door, cause the 2-door can ride a bit rougher, but the 2-door is more nimble when you are off-roading. You cant just pick up any Jeep and have it be what you want, you have to really search and look diligently, and high mileage is objective, the 3.8L and 4.0L engines will go quite a long ways, meaning 300,000 miles or so. Your area may differ depending on the amount of trails, rocks, mud puddles and the such.

Cheers !!!
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #7149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
I love this groups humor. Been following for a while and I've concluded the movie should be
Monty Pythons Flying Circus on Wheels!! But it may take another 7000 posts to finally reach an agreement.
Mutants Roving Circus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Barb I like the Tom Sellack suggestion, I was thinking a little older screen actor, don't know his name but he played The Professor on Gilligan's Island. He was always coming up with answers to problems.

Steve may need a stunt double since he likes to do those shoulder adjustments by doing face plants.
You mean Russell Johnson? Gilligan's personal CSI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
As for the future movie, and in keeping in the spirit of this serial,

don't you think it should be named:

"As the 'Flagg Ship' Turns?"
Or Mutants on the Bounty?

Quote:

[Edited]

We have a Wrangler Sahara model, hard top, street tires, A/C, Heat, CD, etc. etc. etc. 2 door. Rides just like a car. The only thing it's missing is a large storage area...but it is short and nimble and very east to tow.

I'd try to answer more, but then my answer would take a complete page... got to figure this out..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #7150

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck

Mutants Roving Circus?

You mean Russell Johnson? Gilligan's personal CSI?

Or Mutants on the Bounty?

We have a Wrangler Sahara model, hard top, street tires, A/C, Heat, CD, etc. etc. etc. 2 door. Rides just like a car. The only thing it's missing is a large storage area...but it is short and nimble and very east to tow.

I'd try to answer more, but then my answer would take a complete page... got to figure this out..
Don - just making sure you saw my post on getting the ball rolling on Mutantworks Productions. We need the articles of incorporation drawn up and to begin hiring our movie production crew. Plenty of gaffers on the thread, and I'm sure some of our still photographers can transition to motion pictures - but lots to do, lots to do...

Let me know what ya need.
RVM2
Old 11-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #7151

Tur-con

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3179182425.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	50871
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #7152

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happy Thanksgiving
Scottsdale at dusk

Name:	ForumRunner_20131127_173649.png
Views:	116
Size:	425.9 KB
ID:	50872
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #7153

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Out turkey has been injected with Cajun marinade and a light Cajun rub applied. The pork shoulder is rubbed as well and both await the smoker in the morning. Supposed to be 30 degrees at 8 a.m. - high now expected to be 54 and sunshine. Cherry wood will provide the smoke.

Hopefully we get it right and can replicate at the GC @ CL. BTW - anyone remember the details on the GC or the website to use to register?

Happy Thanksgiving Mutants. Wish you all the best!

Edit - what the heck -- tonight it's Pie

Name:	image-1514803190.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	702.6 KB
ID:	50873
And the pig

Name:	image-1240019058.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	759.6 KB
ID:	50874
Old 11-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #7154

Quote:
Out turkey has been injected with Cajun marinade and a light Cajun rub applied. The pork shoulder is rubbed as well and both await the smoker in the morning. Supposed to be 30 degrees at 8 a.m. - high now expected to be 54 and sunshine. Cherry wood will provide the smoke. Hopefully we get it right and can replicate at the GC @ CL. BTW - anyone remember the details on the GC or the website to use to register? Happy Thanksgiving Mutants. Wish you all the best!
Dang! And all we are having here is a feast.

You nasty good cookin RVM you!
(Said the jealous RVM in Tucson)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote