Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #7365

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'll be quiet now and let some of our more reserved members have their say on the subject.
Betcha end up making yourself a fibber, ya'll will never not post on moments notice.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #7366

Comment deleted
Old 12-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #7367

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum
I've been reading these pages from the very beginning and I'm not sure I understand all the nuances and contraindicating (even if we ain't medical pro's).
Dennis - reading comprehension comes with time. Stay with it. It gets easier.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #7368

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Possum - maybe this will help...
New twist on journey is the destination.
Watched RED2 last night. Russian lady spy threatening to torture guy - said it would be painful - she actually said it's the journey not the destination.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #7369

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, figured out the avatar change to make it show up on my phone is only if that picture resides on your phone. Actually, now I can't find the origional, so you are all gonna be stuck with this one for awhile.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #7370

Monaco Owners Club
Hello, Mutant Peoples (and monkey):

We have been looking at our schedules, and no matter how we work it, we won't be able to make the GC, mostly due to distance.

Although we have not had the first GC, I know there has been discussion about the 2nd and subsequent GCs. Might I humbly suggest that we try for different regions each time? Maybe South, North, East, West...or something like that? We would like to be able to travel more distance, but until I find mobile work, we're stuck for extended time off. DW just got a new job that can be done with a mobile hot spot, but my work requires me to be in the office. East coast somewhere would be doable for us. Charleston? Myrtle Beach? Chincoteague?
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #7371

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think very GC would be a challenge to many of our mutants with jobs. Different regions ea h year would be fun.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #7372

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Hello, Mutant Peoples (and monkey): We have been looking at our schedules, and no matter how we work it, we won't be able to make the GC, mostly due to distance. Although we have not had the first GC, I know there has been discussion about the 2nd and subsequent GCs. Might I humbly suggest that we try for different regions each time? Maybe South, North, East, West...or something like that? We would like to be able to travel more distance, but until I find mobile work, we're stuck for extended time off. DW just got a new job that can be done with a mobile hot spot, but my work requires me to be in the office. East coast somewhere would be doable for us. Charleston? Myrtle Beach? Chincoteague?
Well, shucks. A good idea me thinks.
However, a bit inland would allow access to more Muteys, yes?
But hay, you folks are in the Shennandoah Valley! Lots to see and do.

Okay, okay, we have an idea going. Yes?

What says one, what say you all?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #7373

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was working on a form for this before Thanksgiving jumped in front of it. Have also suggested that submitting ideas to the Contact Us page on the website using the comments section. It's pretty easy to roll those up and report back - not so easy to keep up with them on the thread. Too many pages roll by too quickly. Anyone ever notice that?

Also - using the Contact Us page and including your RVM number and email address has added benefit of getting us on the same page for distributing info. www.rvmutants.com Give it a try.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #7374

I have been soundly and properly trumped by RVM2.

You are on point, as usual, Steve.

Everybody on board the web page!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #7375

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just humbly suggest that weather be a considering factor. I'm personally not inclined to attend anything anywhere that requires non-stop air conditioning or more than a light jacket in order to be comfortable outdoors. This is why Spring and Fall are good choices.

Perhaps someone can make a database of where we plan to be by the month and we can enter our itineraries. Maybe if there is a region that many RVMs will be in at the same time we can plan something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #7376

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Jim thanks for the vote of confidence, the problem I may have now for sure will be road clearance cause a 20 lb turkey added at least 18 lbs to my weight! Haven't figured that one out yet, unless of course the sweet potatoe pie, apple pie, and pecan pie also added weight! Thank goodness I ate conservative.

Past couple days been chasing 2 and 3 yo maybe some of the weight will disappeared otherwise Taho may be setting low and a little unlevel.

We have had the 6 and 8 year old since Thanksgiving. They have kept us busy. We took them on the town walking trail and burned off some of their energy. But they still had plenty to spare. They played with Abbie almost the whole time they were here and she is worn down.

Jim
Cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #7377

Monaco Owners Club
I just filled out the form on the Contact Us page. Thanks for doing the website! We are lucky to have talented Mutants among us.

We are, indeed, in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. We are right at the base of the Blue Ridge Parkway/Skyline Drive. We have many beautiful places to camp within two hours of home, including Sherando Lake, which is only fifteen minutes away. It's a beautiful park in the George Washington National Forest, and has wonderful facilities, including a dance pavilion with a hardwood floor. Quite fun to jitterbug in the summertime, and right on the lake. There are actually two lakes, one for swimming/kayaking/fishing and another for fishing and boating only.

Anyway, it would be fun to move the GCs around, as we really want to meet our fellow Mutants.

I wonder what Sena would think of a parrot that talks? We have a flock of them!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #7378

Hey now there are some calm 6 year olds just FYI :P I'll eventually peruse this thread and find out the happenings but right now alot of my focus is on the reseach phase. The Power That is dictates that our first unit be a nice A, maybe a C. towables and anything older then the "too old" dd (2007) is out. I personally would love a newer rig and a vintage GMC/Ultravan/70's style Winnie. But that's not to be atm. For an inconvenient place to hold a gathering might I suggest Nunavut. Not a lot of snow fall, it just sort of stays there and if you time it right very LOOOOONG days.