Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #7701

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
every one has a choice in who they love and what makes them happy. and if y'all are happy we back your choice 100%. it's nice to see true love no matter who it is.
I agree with you completely, Dwayne, and just want to add that no one should be frowned upon for loving. It's hatred that we as a society should work to elimanate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #7702

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Better think, way way South.
Oh, yes! Naples, FL. That might do it.

And to the current conversation: Elizabeth, you and Mary are welcome at our table anytime. I am glad you felt safe enough to post your pic.

Cheers!
Sue
Old 12-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #7703

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
As I said before to Elizabeth & Mary, thank you for buying GM. I am partial to GM cause I worked for them for 30 years. But I'm also partial to Jeeps as well.

Cheers !!!
It feels good to be supporting an American product. I've had mostly Toyotas, dating back to the T100 truck. Boy, that thing was little!

We like the Venza that DW drives, but I needed a daily driver/toad that I didn't hate. I love the Equinox, and wish it wasn't sleeting so I could go joy riding. Wheeeee!
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #7704

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
And to the current conversation: Elizabeth, you and Mary are welcome at our table anytime. I am glad you felt safe enough to post your pic.

Cheers!
Sue
Thanks to you and the other mutants - you all are a bunch of very cool people!

Mary and I aren't shy, but sadly, we have reason to be cautious. We are hoping to go to Maryland (marry land!) in the spring to get married legally. April will be ten years for us.

To all the mutants experiencing cold weather, hunker down with a warm (or warming) beverage, your best buddy and a good book or movie. Sounds good to me, but I have homework to do.
virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #7705

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Thanks to you and the other mutants - you all are a bunch of very cool people! Mary and I aren't shy, but sadly, we have reason to be cautious. We are hoping to go to Maryland (marry land!) in the spring to get married legally. April will be ten years for us. To all the mutants experiencing cold weather, hunker down with a warm (or warming) beverage, your best buddy and a good book or movie. Sounds good to me, but I have homework to do.
So what are you studying? (Adult students are so cool...I was one.)
Old 12-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #7706

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveldogs View Post
LOL!

Sena doesn't like....ever try to...go through the kitchen cupboard to say. ..IDK. ...underneath the range? Or to the bed under storage area?
After 31 months of full-timing in this small motorhome with an uncaged monkey, I have managed to secure every cabinet, the bathroom door, the frig, the oven now replaced with a dish drawer dishwasher, also secure, and the screen door, so she can't let Lily out.

She can let herself out of the RV via the screen door if the outer door is open, and the screen beside the bed if the window is open. If those are both closed she will attempt to escape via one of the cab doors, but so far their weight is too much for her to push open.

She won't run away when she gets out of the house. She will usually just go on top of the RV to do surveillance. If she sees food, or an opportunity to find food, she'll go after it. I have to keep the basement doors locked as the twist latches are no problem for her to open.

The familiar places where we park, like here, in Seattle and in Florida she's allowed to go outside to play or hunt bugs. In Seattle I have to secure several neighbors recycling bins with bungees as they don't rinse the food containers and Sena delights in licking out the last drops of tasty treats. The neighbors all know her and delight in watching her forage. There are also cherry trees and blackberries that ripen while we're there in the summer, much to her delight. Last summer the next door neighbor grew a small garden which I surrounded with a PVC frame and bird netting.

She will occasionally steal and take off with a bottled drink or snack if left unattended, but I think most of the time a neighbor will purposely let that happen.

Last Spring in FL she figured out she could go over our host's roof, down their gibbon cage and enter the house via the doggie door. That got shut for the duration of our stay. At first she was afraid to go inside the house because of the very scary animals whose heads were sticking out of the walls. After the first week she realized she was safe from those beasts who never moved.

I will have to be extra vigilant when we are at the GC@CL. She will want to visit other RVs and forage. For all who attend -- you have been forewarned. Not to worry, I'll keep her leashed.

Life with Sena is a constant challenge. At times she can be very frustrating, but I can't image my life without her. Right now she is curled up under my right arm, asleep. So what If I can only type on my iPad with my left (non-dominant) hand as we lay her in bed? She's asleep and not getting into anything. Soon she'll be up, starving and thus begins our day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #7707
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The GC@CL should be interesting. We are in site 106, and I think that is next door to you. Miya is going to have a bigger curiosity then us humans are going to have. BTW, Miya is always leashed. She'll hang out with her paws on the front dash just watching things go by. After we arrive we close the curtains on the side windows and Miya just uses the front, so it will be when y'all walk by. It's going to be funny teaching her that, "It's just a monkey."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #7708

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Likewise, Sena will have to learn, "That's just another dog". Lily will be delighted to have doggie pals nearby.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #7709
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I might as well tell the story before someone else does.

As many of you know, it is cold(er) in Texas. Temp dropped down to 36 degrees the first night.

I was running the heat pump and everything was fine. Then sometime in the middle of the night it was getting colder in the MH. I pulled up an extra blanket, but it was still getting cold. Hmmm! Around 6 in the morning Earlene got up and and raised the thermostat then called out and said, "The heat will not come on."

Up out of bed, a clatter not heard, I walked to the thermostat and confirmed her fear.

Darn! The furnace is supposed to kick on if there is an ambient difference drop of 4 to 5 degrees and it did not kick in. The heat pump would not come on without the supplemental heat furnace heat. Okay! I flipped the little slide switch to gas and waited. Nothing happened. I began running troubleshooting through my mind thinking my batteries may be low, but we had been driving and hooked up so the charging system should have taken care of any of that. ....

Oh oh! I just got the MH out of service shop. I went out and lo and behold, I turned the propane on. Of course, now I had to wait for the lines to fill with propane so I turned on the three gas burners on the stove and held the butane lighter until they lighted. The thermostat is 4 feet from the top of the stove and the ambient heat from the stove should fool the thermostat, but the gas furnace was not igniting. Why?

So as my eyes adjusted and I stood back just past arms length, since I did not have my glasses on, I reached to the thermostat and slid it from "cool" mode to heat pump and the heat pump came on.

You would think they would make this a one button simple design.

Oh well, live and learn.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #7710

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

As many of you know, it is cold(er) in Texas. Temp dropped down to 36 degrees the first night.

I was running the heat pump and everything was fine. Then sometime in the middle of the night it was getting colder in the MH. I pulled up an extra blanket, but it was still getting cold. Hmmm! Around 6 in the morning Earlene got up and and raised the thermostat then called out and said, "The heat will not come on."

Up out of bed, a clatter not heard, I walked to the thermostat and confirmed her fear.

Darn! The furnace is supposed to kick on if there is an ambient difference drop of 4 to 5 degrees and it did not kick in. The heat pump would not come on without the supplemental heat furnace heat. Okay! I flipped the little slide switch to gas and waited. Nothing happened. I began running troubleshooting through my mind thinking my batteries may be low, but we had been driving and hooked up so the charging system should have taken care of any of that. ....

Oh oh! I just got the MH out of service shop. I went out and lo and behold, I turned the propane on. Of course, now I had to wait for the lines to fill with propane so I turned on the three gas burners on the stove and held the butane lighter until they lighted. The thermostat is 4 feet from the top of the stove and the ambient heat from the stove should fool the thermostat, but the gas furnace was not igniting. Why?

So as my eyes adjusted and I stood back just past arms length, since I did not have my glasses on, I reached to the thermostat and slid it from "cool" mode to heat pump and the heat pump came on.

Oh well, live and learn.
Note to Wayne......Pack more blankets!

Ha this could make for a great tech training course for the GC, " how to use a thermostats!"
Old 12-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #7711
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Wayne, I have those "AHA" moments all the time! LOL

As long as it's a light bulb that comes on and not with the wallet open!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #7712

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post

Thanks to you and the other mutants - you all are a bunch of very cool people!

Mary and I aren't shy, but sadly, we have reason to be cautious. We are hoping to go to Maryland (marry land!) in the spring to get married legally. April will be ten years for us.

To all the mutants experiencing cold weather, hunker down with a warm (or warming) beverage, your best buddy and a good book or movie. Sounds good to me, but I have homework to do.
Awwww....congratulations!
traveldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #7713

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Oh well, live and learn.
We've all had these moments, Wayne! Don't be mad if we LOL!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #7714

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

After 31 months of full-timing in this small motorhome with an uncaged monkey, I have managed to secure every cabinet, the bathroom door, the frig, the oven now replaced with a dish drawer dishwasher, also secure, and the screen door, so she can't let Lily out.

She can let herself out of the RV via the screen door if the outer door is open, and the screen beside the bed if the window is open. If those are both closed she will attempt to escape via one of the cab doors, but so far their weight is too much for her to push open.

She won't run away when she gets out of the house. She will usually just go on top of the RV to do surveillance. If she sees food, or an opportunity to find food, she'll go after it. I have to keep the basement doors locked as the twist latches are no problem for her to open.

The familiar places where we park, like here, in Seattle and in Florida she's allowed to go outside to play or hunt bugs. In Seattle I have to secure several neighbors recycling bins with bungees as they don't rinse the food containers and Sena delights in licking out the last drops of tasty treats. The neighbors all know her and delight in watching her forage. There are also cherry trees and blackberries that ripen while we're there in the summer, much to her delight. Last summer the next door neighbor grew a small garden which I surrounded with a PVC frame and bird netting.

She will occasionally steal and take off with a bottled drink or snack if left unattended, but I think most of the time a neighbor will purposely let that happen.

Last Spring in FL she figured out she could go over our host's roof, down their gibbon cage and enter the house via the doggie door. That got shut for the duration of our stay. At first she was afraid to go inside the house because of the very scary animals whose heads were sticking out of the walls. After the first week she realized she was safe from those beasts who never moved.

I will have to be extra vigilant when we are at the GC@CL. She will want to visit other RVs and forage. For all who attend -- you have been forewarned. Not to worry, I'll keep her leashed.

Life with Sena is a constant challenge. At times she can be very frustrating, but I can't image my life without her. Right now she is curled up under my right arm, asleep. So what If I can only type on my iPad with my left (non-dominant) hand as we lay her in bed? She's asleep and not getting into anything. Soon she'll be up, starving and thus begins our day.
This is too funny! And those curious neighbors. ...she is making their day for them!

Ah. ...I hope my client cancels so I can come to GC@CL, and Sena can make some of my days, too!