Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #7939

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I do enjoy the sushi bar experience - Annie does not eat sushi. So I get it to go quite often. The stuff is addictive!

Sue, be safe! The mangroves will be there. We await many fine pics and stories!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #7940

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I do enjoy the sushi bar experience - Annie does not eat sushi. So I get it to go quite often. The stuff is addictive! Sue, be safe! The mangroves will be there. We await many fine pics and stories!!
Nola finally ate sushi about 4 years ago. It is never tooooo late!
I found sushi about 25 years ago, sashimi soon after.
Nola finally said "let me try that".
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #7941

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Yep! Who cares. Real friends will send an email or make a phone call instead of one-liners.

My bumper stick on the old TOAD I had read:

FACEBOOK: Where pointless information
is shared with friends you don't know

One of the points I'll make on occasion when I ask someone why they didn't call, or drop by, or whatever when they say "I didn't have time." I tell them, "No, you didn't take the time." Big difference. Many, many instances of not having the time was just not taking the time. We all do it.
I will add my .02 because I've learned something and become a convert. Before we went fulltime, I could see my family almost anytime I choose. In many cases daily.

Now I miss them, and I can catch their postings and see some of their experiences. I had little or no use for FB. But I saw I was wrong.

Besides, I can filter most of the stuff, and all the irritating people are spending more time on Twitter, and Instagram.

Just sharing what I have learned.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #7942

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well Evenin mutes!

Can't resist my .02 either regarding FB. I use to be on it but quickly got tired of all the junk on their and the petty messages people post that they would never say face to face. Honestly some people put their whole life on there...TMI...too much info. Who cares about 90% of the junk on their? Just my humble opinion.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #7943

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Has anyone heard from Tim today? I wonder how he's feeling and if he got to hold Miss Ella Kate yet? He's got a lot to teach her and he needs to get started ASAP.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #7944

Facebook: Soul sucking evil pit of depression and despair. I quit it in September. Don't miss it... but these days every business is on there. Some are doing 90% of their customer service on there.

It's 15*F outside.... woot! A warm night.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #7945

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Dunner... you ok? Haven't heard from you in 2 days.....and you sounded iffy then....
I'm fine. Been fighting with a new All-In-One HP Officejet 4635. I can print, copy and fax just fine, but when I try to scan, it doesn't see my desktop. I can ping it fine. I can scan from the printer to my laptops and use the SW to scan from the lapers.

Tech support was supposed to have a supervisor call me back, but that hasn't happened since 2:30 this afternoon. `Bout warn out the CD reinstalling it. Cleaned every instance of HP off my desktop and out of the registry and re-installed. HP's print and scan diagnostic and repair SW didn't help.

They wanted me to give them access to my computer so they could make changes. That will never happen. He talked me through what he was going to do. Still didn't fix it.

I don't need a scanner that often, but still think it should work as designed. I even used the included a USB cable and it still won't see my desktop.

After I installed the SW, it took me to a survey page. To my surprise, it even had spaces for comments. I begged someone at HP to please call me... twice.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #7946

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
Facebook: Soul sucking evil pit of depression and despair. I quit it in September. Don't miss it... but these days every business is on there. Some are doing 90% of their customer service on there.
I don't use FB or Tweeter either. Funny that it didn't do well when it hit the market and Twitter and Google did. Should have bought both.

I was on FB, but deleted my account. Funny that I still get invites from friends of friends of people who I have never heard of.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #7947

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I don't use FB or Tweeter either. Funny that it didn't do well when it hit the market and Twitter and Google did. Should have bought both.

I was on FB, but deleted my account. Funny that I still get invites from friends of friends of people who I have never heard of.
I finally got rid of those annoying emails from FB but I had to log into FB to do it. You have go in and change your preference settings.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #7948

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky

I finally got rid of those annoying emails from FB but I had to log into FB to do it. You have go in and change your preference settings.
I did not think it possible, but I believe we may have stumbled upon something that competes with rope lights in the RVMdom. The statisticians at RVM Central are working on a proposal to determine the LOE necessary to correlate the coefficients of variability between Mutant Ropies / Non-Ropies and FB usage. I have asked for a Cost Benefit Analysis as well. Not sure this project will be funded.

After reading the posts here it seems that if mutant family members are using FB the value of the r—2 rises to a level of significance with the correlation coefficient > .90. The addition of the rope light variable is suspected to be statistically insignificant. Let's see what our team of experts comes up with and if the study goes forward, I'll report back.

I have to say this - nearly all of my relatives have passed on, and I have no family members on FB. While envy is not a mutant characteristic, I am envious of you lucky mutants with Grands, new Grands and many family members! Well done mutants!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #7949

I believe that pro/con controversies should not be part of this thread, lest we open it up to Class A vs Class B or gas vs diesel, etal. They belong on another thread.

We have more important things to ponder.
Yes?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #7950
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Did you say dinner, Sue?

Okay. Dinner!
A sushi/sashimi combo, tuna and salmon.
A crunch roll, salmon.

Attachment 51927

Yes! It is THAT good!
Droooooolllllll!

Now for the story. Years ago on our first trip to Japan and on the first night, we went out to eat. Well of course it was a Japanese restaurant. The Japanese have an ingenious way of displaying their menu in the front window of their establishment. What you see displayed is what you get when you order. Both of us ordered Tempura Teishoku, which is a lightly battered shrimp and the sides of sashimi and sushi, ant other items.

Inside the bento box was this nicely carved carrot with a designed center of green stuff. I asked Earlene, "What is this?" She replied, "How would I know dummy, I've been here as long as you have." (Sheesh!). I said, "It must be edible or it wouldn't be here." So I picked up the carrot with the green stuff in the middle, with my chop sticks, and popped it in my mouth.

Needless to say I did not have sinus problems for some time and at that particular instance the waitress was made to understand the word "Beer, please, beer." That started my lifetime like of Wasabi. I now buy it in spread form for sandwiches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
I will add my .02 because I've learned something and become a convert. Before we went fulltime, I could see my family almost anytime I choose. In many cases daily.

Now I miss them, and I can catch their postings and see some of their experiences. I had little or no use for FB. But I saw I was wrong.

Besides, I can filter most of the stuff, and all the irritating people are spending more time on Twitter, and Instagram.

Just sharing what I have learned.
No problem. For those who have a need for any social media, and iRV2 is a social media, then it is their needs that must be fed. I may come across as having an adversity to those who use Facebook, but that is really not the case. it's as stated - those little postings of, I'm going to go eat now, or I'm going to go walk the dog, cat, horse, whatever that I just don't care. Believe it or not, I have a Facebook account. I have two friends, Earlene and my son although I don't know why I befriended my son as I never read my FB account. All of my information is turned off. I do not receive invitations although once when I checked I had over 500 requests to "be a friend." All this time I thought there was only one person, Steve, that really liked me. I use the FB account for special moments when Earlene says I have to check something out. Even then I usually log in with her ID and sleuth around in stealth mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
[...]I have to say this - nearly all of my relatives have passed on, and I have no family members on FB. While envy is not a mutant characteristic, I am envious of you lucky mutants with Grands, new Grands and many family members! Well done mutants!
RVM2
Now Steve, you know I'll share. One is 13 and the other 10, both girls. I'll give you the same privileges - when done hand them back to parents.

For our needs we use Facetime as a way of video watching our relatives. For those not in the know, Facetime is basically the MAC equivalent of Skype for video contact. You have to have a MAC to use Facetime whereas Skype can be used on either platform. Works for us. Facetime can be used on jut about any MAC device from iPhone, iPod's on up to the big machines. It was great when Son was in Afghanistan.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #7951
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I need to put the MH back in storage and at 0900 hours it is 50 degrees outside. I might be able to wipe it down a little before putting her away for a few weeks. I'm just saying that for you colder, more Northern Mutants.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #7952

Just wanted to stop in and say hello been very busy here and jumping back on the rainbow on sunday. so I have a lot to do. I will not be on line for a couple of days. happy trails to all. and may the weather be kind to you. and prayers for all of you out there that need it. be back soon.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote