Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #8023

Don and Sandee? Come in, Sky_Boss!

I know! They're out having too much fun in the sun. Decompressing. Riding bikes and running dogs. Eating at Japanese sushi places.

C'mon, report in!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #8024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Don and Sandee? Come in, Sky_Boss! I know! They're out having too much fun in the sun. Decompressing. Riding bikes and running dogs. Eating at Japanese sushi places. C'mon, report in!
PS: oh I forgot: you guys are done taking orders, aren't ya? Maybe a gentle suggestion would do?
Nudge, nudge....
Old 12-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #8025

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On keeping up with each other - the research lab at RVM Central has been ironing the bugs outta the Mutant Mind Meld. There seems to be an issue with the horizontal and vertical time space continuum hold. The incoming signal jumps from mutant to mutant - subject to subject - quotes from the past suddenly reappear... Wait... That's reading the thread. What is the Mutant Mind Meld again? Where are my notes?
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #8026

[QUOTE=Suspinz;1843790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Travel Report - RVMdom to Suapinz - come in Sue. Y'all safe and sound?[/QUOTE

Snip...........

I will say it was a cold ride, as the heater could not keep up. I had a fleece blanket, a doubled fleece throw and a sheepskin over and around me, plus a knitted scarf and a skein of yarn around my neck and was still cold. Nope, you may not see pictures!!!

The pilot was frozen in position and had to be pried loose with hot coffee, but he didn't want to try running the generator or the furnace while under way. Is either of those 2 options either possible or safe?

Snipped.....

End of report. Filed.

Cheers!
Sue
I have used the generator while traveling several times, primarily for the A/C. I don't use the furnace since I keep the gas 'off' while traveling so I don't have to worry about open flame (pilot lights) when refueling.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #8027

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
JudyH said:
Monkey Day. December 14 is Monkey Day. Happy Day to Sena!!!
~~~~~~~~

I second the notion. Happy Monkey Day to Sena and loving monkey-carers everywhere, but especially to our Barb.

Emphasis on "loving"!

Cheers!
Sue
Embarrassingly, I have never heard of Monkey Day, so I went to Wikipedia and found this --

Hallmark Cards describes it as the "one day when monkey business is actually encouraged."[10] The holiday is primarily celebrated with costume parties intended to help draw attention to issues related to simians, including medical research, animal rights, and evolution.[11] Often there are competitions to see who has the best costumes, who can act like a monkey the longest, or speed knitting of monkey dolls.[8][12] The holiday cuts across religious boundaries and provides opportunities to share monkey stories and contemplate our simian relatives.[13][14] Other Monkey Day activities include going on shopping sprees for Paul Frank "Julius the Monkey" fashions, eating Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream, and spending the day at the zoo.[15]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #8028

My post isn't about monkeys but is almost as good. I just made my first solo trip to Dead Horse State Park. It was also my first time driving the motorhome :victory dance:
wingennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #8029

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Ok - time for me to confess to a dunderheaded Motorhome event. I mentioned last week that I was moving Bonita into a better storage space. I had my choice of two. I thought one was preferable over the other, but it turned out not so.

On my third attempt at a drive in - rather than back in Annie was signaling and otherwise letting me know to stop. It looked good to me, and I pulled forward a tad more. The dunderheaded move was not listening to Annie. She was looking at the top line of the drivers side and I was looking at the side line. Guess what? I proceeded to put my slide topper against the roof pole and rip... Of course in order to get it off the pole - a little more rip. repeatedly.

So I called the guy at the office and told him what happened. He drove down on his cart - we surveyed the damage. No harm - not even a mark on the pole. He said let's try this other spot. I drove straight in - and can back straight in.

I got on the phone to Camping World. They said bring it down and they could order the material from Dometic. So I had to decide - park it as is or take it and let Bonita sit in the ice storm. I decided to take her and let em have at it. When we got their and inspected things more closely - no damage to the mechanism - just the material ripped through a couple turns on the assembly. As we inspected the other two toppers we noticed a small wear tear on the bedroom topper. So I asked them to price replacing all three.

The news was good. CWs price for OEM plastic covered material (or whatever the stuff is) was about 11% less than Fleetwood's direct price to me. And - CW had a $29.95 installation special on purchased equipment. Now I do have to pay that for all 3 slide toppers but that's a big savings over the hourly rate at an estimated 1.5 hours each.

The ice storm was worse and lasted longer than anyone expected so Bonita has weathered the storm while waiting for the fabric to ship. It should have arrived today and will be installed Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully there are no ice related issues from sitting out.

Now for the rest of the story.... When I left the storage facility, I had not signed the new paperwork for the spot I ended up in. I was still on paper with the slide topper eating spot. The manager said come back when ya can. Well Wednesday he called and said I have you're paperwork ready. I said great - I'll be in Saturday. He said that's fine, and added - did ya hear what happened out here. Nope says I. He says - from the spot you didn't take - all the way down the line - the roof collapsed on all of the Motorhomes. There was 8" of ice on the entire roofline and it just crumbled. Was there damage I asked - oh yeah he says.

So --- provided Bonita withstood the ice - and CW can roll material and adjust tensioners - I guess my dunderheadedness paid off this time. Next time I listen to Annie, but I'm sure glad I the roof didn't cave in on Bonita. Annie is glad too.

Bonita rolled off the line I believe in Dec '07 and is an '08 model year. Those toppers would have lasted a while longer but now they will be all new for the GC @ CL.
RVM2
Steve, I always believe that there is a good side to every occurrence. Glad all turned out OK~ relatively speaking of course...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #8030

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingennis View Post
My post isn't about monkeys but is almost as good. I just made my first solo trip to Dead Horse State Park. It was also my first time driving the motorhome :victory dance:
Good for you!!! It's official now: You can wing it solo!

(I'd be bloody nervous the whole drive if it were me.)

Cheering!
Sue
Old 12-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #8031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I like this group already...
So friendly... And i do love to chat....
Sorry Steve, you are right, listen to Annie,,, oh but then... Nevermind.
Listen when she is right.
Happy Monkey Day.... That is way cool... My 1yo Westie acts like one... She
Climbs on everything.
New Grands.... Great, they do smell so nice, my newest is 10 days old.
Ending with prepositions... A dumb rule.... Says the retired teacher, me.
Btw, i can spell really well, but typing on an ipad means lots of oops, but i dont care, i am retired.

How do ya'll keep up with each other? Lol, i have only about 7,900 more posts to read.....

Diane
Speed Reading does help Diane, otherwise you could be like me, perpetually 500 posts behind...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #8032

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here's a ponder for y'all--
I'm in the habit of checking whose online. On the full site, not mobile sorry, at the bottom of every page there is a line that says--