Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #8471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
We have finally landed at Alamo (not THE Alamo for Herb's benefit) TX. It is a nice place so far but we really got bit hard by traveling more in the last few weeks then we will for the next few months. Ahhh...bit it was still a good choice for us since we need time for our retirement stuff to settle out and we ponder on all the lessens the last few weeks have brought us. At first blush we learned: 1. The RV goes where we tell it to go. 2. We don't have to go where we thought we would go. 3. We don't know what day of the week it is and for the most part...it doesn't matter. 4. TX has some very fast farm roads. LOL
Don and Sandee, you have unhitched from the toil of the work stuff, and are discovering the joy of not doin nothing you dont wanna.

Now you have reached the Rainbow. I suggest you tough it out and get used to it.

Aint it a booger being completely free?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #8472

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don and Sandee,

It only gets better -- well maybe except for the driving Texas Farm to Market roads.

Enjoy! You earned it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #8473

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hi to all Mutants. I have not been posting for quite some time. I had cataract surgery on my right eye in October. Everyone that I know that has had this surgery had no problems well, not me. I had the worst 6 weeks I believe I have ever had in regard to my eyes. I could not see much of anything due to blurred vision and depth perception problems. When I went back to eye doc for one month check up I had to have a correction for distance. I do not have a clue what these numbers mean but my right eye correction before surgery was -4.50 and the new correction was -1.25 and there in was my problem according to the good doc. I had the left eye surgery last week and the next day when the patch was removed my vision was 20/20 without any glasses. Went back Wednesday for my 1 week check up and it was still 20/20. Have to have reading glasses because now my near vision is as bad as my far vision was. Now I am pondering/cogitating what my eye doc is going to do about my prescription next month with one eye at 20/20 and the other at about 20/40. He says that my vision with 20/40 is legal to drive in Texas. I explained that he really needed to be looking out from my side of my eye and he probably wouldn't want me to be driving without some kind of glasses.

Sorry for the long boring story about my eyes.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #8474

That's just why I won't let them mess with my eyes for things like laser correction, etc. There's always something that could go wrong. Just give me my glasses. Last check-up for glasses showed excellent.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #8475

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47 View Post
Hi to all Mutants. I have not been posting for quite some time. I had cataract surgery on my right eye in October. Everyone that I know that has had this surgery had no problems well, not me. I had the worst 6 weeks I believe I have ever had in regard to my eyes. I could not see much of anything due to blurred vision and depth perception problems. When I went back to eye doc for one month check up I had to have a correction for distance. I do not have a clue what these numbers mean but my right eye correction before surgery was -4.50 and the new correction was -1.25 and there in was my problem according to the good doc. I had the left eye surgery last week and the next day when the patch was removed my vision was 20/20 without any glasses. Went back Wednesday for my 1 week check up and it was still 20/20. Have to have reading glasses because now my near vision is as bad as my far vision was. Now I am pondering/cogitating what my eye doc is going to do about my prescription next month with one eye at 20/20 and the other at about 20/40. He says that my vision with 20/40 is legal to drive in Texas. I explained that he really needed to be looking out from my side of my eye and he probably wouldn't want me to be driving without some kind of glasses.

Don't apologise for your eyes, there isn't anything wrong... you will just have a perscription for the still not perfect eye and plain glass in the other, then both eyes will see in unison. No different to so many who have different lens readings for their eyes, your optometrist should be able to fix you up just fine!!
At least you can see to type and read that is a plus!
Worry pas, and have the best Christmas and prosperous New Year ever...
Old 12-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #8476

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
We have finally landed at Alamo (not THE Alamo for Herb's benefit) TX. It is a nice place so far but we really got bit hard by traveling more in the last few weeks then we will for the next few months. Ahhh...bit it was still a good choice for us since we need time for our retirement stuff to settle out and we ponder on all the lessens the last few weeks have brought us. At first blush we learned: 1. The RV goes where we tell it to go. 2. We don't have to go where we thought we would go. 3. We don't know what day of the week it is and for the most part...it doesn't matter. 4. TX has some very fast farm roads. LOL
Wow Don I just looked on the map and you guys went as far south as you could go. How far are you from Corpus?
Old 12-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #8477

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sparky would like to wish all RVM Mascots and their drivers a Merry Christmas - Happy Solstice - and whatever holiday you celebrate. And a Very Happy New Year Too!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3171978833.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	596.3 KB
ID:	52445
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #8478

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny47 View Post

Hi Ginny,

One of my many careers before retiring was as a certified dispensing optician. That's the person who helps you select your new eyeglasses, then orders and fits them to you when pick them up.

Basically. minus correction is for nearsightedness, plus means farsighted. A -4.50 is pretty nearsighted, and you may have even been worse before the age of 40 when most folks start getting a little more farsighted every year due to the lens inside the eye becoming less able to stretch to accommodate when trying to see up close. It's reading glasses or bifocals time.

Cataracts are when those lenses in the eye become cloudy and don't allow enough light thru to form a good image on the retina, or cells that transfer the image to the brain. When that happens an eye surgeon removes the cloudy lens and replaces it with an artificial lens.

A -1.25 correction is pretty minor, less than 1/3 of what you needed before cataract removal. I have been in the .75 to 1.25 range myself and only wore correction when I needed to see fine details.

Rarely are anyone's eyes both the same. Pairing a -1.25 difference in eyeglasses happens all the time. It's not until you get over a 4.00 difference is there usually cause for concern and that is based almost solely on the different image sizes that the glasses produce on the retina. Most of those folks will do better in contact lenses which don't create an image size difference due to the fact that they sit on the eyeball.

Since you will need reading glasses anyway, you should do fine in your new glasses.

I have also had cataract surgery with lens implants. What typically happens is the surgery creates some astigmatism. I now have some, you probably do as well. This is a normal side effect of the cornea being cut so the lenses can be swapped -- your cloudy one for the artificial one. With time the astigmatism often changes after surgery. Mine is getting worse, yours may get better. If your prescription in either eye has more than 1 number, such as -1.25 -.25 X 90 the last 2 numbers indicate the amount and axis of the astigmatism. Chances are good that the reason this has bothered you at all is that your dominant eye was done first and most of us notice the change more in the dominant eye. It's like breaking a finger on your dominant hand. You bump it 200 times a day. I'm left eye dominant.

If I can answer any questions, PM me and I can give you my phone number.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #8479
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dennis, I'll let you know when you come back if I missed you.

Steve, I have a full bottle of that same potion. My son and family are flying in for the Holidays and he requested some rum also. He does have his taste so the bottle of rum is Ron Zacapa, Sistema Solera 23. For some reason he said it was a rare find if you could get it. Not around here.

My younger son was here this evening and we tried it out. It is smooth with a nice flavor. We also brought out my bottle of Glen Fiddich Malt Scotch and sampled it. I also have an unopened bottle of Glen Fiddich and if I remember correctly, the year I purchased it I paid around $21 for the bottle. Today's prices are around $60-65 a bottle.

Come on down.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #8480

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wow Sparky! Are you bringing that bottle to the GC@CL? Sena's too young to drink. I suspect you and most of the other mascots are as well. Why don't you squirrel away that bottle somewhere Steve won't find it and you and I can talk about this in April. Uh, and make sure you don't forget to pack that bottle in your suitcase when you head to Arkansas. I have made a note as to how full it is now, so please, no sipping on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #8481

What is monkey years compared to human years. I know it's 7:1 for dogs, so Sadie is about 56 and showing it. Doesn't jump up on some places like she used to. Breaks my heart. She used to jump up on a chair and wait for me to finish my meal and lick the bowl. I heard her miss last night. She probably won't try again. I know she can still jump up on the bed, but I made a ramp for her and she can use it if I show her. Haven't caught her sleeping on the bed yet.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #8482

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Shhh, mike I doon't tell her that she ages 2 for every 1 I would if I didn't have her. She need not know that she is equivalent to a 35 year old human.

Hmm, maybe that explains why Lily is still such a goofball. She's 2 years and almost 8 months which would make her.... OMG, that explains everything. She's 18.5 human years! How many 18 year olds these days think they are adults, but act like kids?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #8483

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
That is why I like to Eat Drink and be Mary!
Ha ha ha! My SIL is named Mary. Boy she turned 40 shades of red the first time I said that at a family Christmas get together.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #8484

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Full timer data plans

Wayne, I promise I'm not picking on ya. That other thread just reminded me to explain this to the group.

OK y'all. Those of you who have a S&B probably have unlimited data plan and have the luxury of looking at all the pics you want and watching videos all day. Most of us who cut that string have 1 disadvantage. Data is expensive over our wireless devices.

This is what I have and am stuck with for at least 13 more months. Next year at this time I'll be asking for recommendations, but for now it won't do many any good. I'm locked in and I'm hoping someone brings back unlimited data by then. Yeah, fat chance!

I pay a minimum of $50/mo for up to 5 gigabytes of data and I pay for it both ways, in and out. If I go 1 byte over I get charged $10 and $10 for every extra gig or part of one after that. NO rollover.

I tell you this in hopes that y'all will try to provide alternatives or at least descriptions when you post links to large files like videos. I don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to become Verizon's major contributor.

Posting pictures on IRV2 is not an issue because they downsize them, as they get to archive them for a long time. Please do not post a bunch of pictures in a private email to any of us full timers without checking with us first. Also, please be careful on the Yahoo email list. I suspect they downsize, but I have yet to confirm that.

I also happen to be way out in the boonies, backed up to a 500 ft tall cliff inside an RV garage with the door down after dark. Translation -- s...l...o...w... speed

I apologize to you tech heads if I have used the wrong words, but I hope everyone gets the gist of what I'm asking.

Besides this one single issue, full timing is heavenly.

Luv you all! Even Wayne.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]