Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #8597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Wayne, Do you SNORE that loud? My hubby says i can scare a bear with mine... And since he is retired military maybe you can have some common ground...... But Texas and Arkansas are neighbors too.....
Hello and Welcome to you Diane and Larry,

I am happy to read that you both will be attending the GC@CL . I dont know if the rest of the mutants snore or not, but if need be I suppose we could get a group discount on earplugs. The only problem with that is that it could hinder said mutants from the call of BACON in the morning, and that just wouldnt do at all.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #8598

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hello and Welcome to you Diane and Larry, I am happy to read that you both will be attending the GC@CL . I dont know if the rest of the mutants snore or not, but if need be I suppose we could get a group discount on earplugs. The only problem with that is that it could hinder said mutants from the call of BACON in the morning, and that just wouldnt do at all. Cheers !!!
One sound engineer and enough remote microphones and we could cut an album.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #8599

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Hey PT

Your story is so similar to ours it's ridiculous. We too are spending our first Christmas in Jenny! We bought her in June up in Kentucky and have had the time of our lives. Luckily we haven't had major repairs like you... well except for the damage Molly (our Lab puppy child) did to the bedroom door which I haven't had time to figure out how I'm gonna fix. Also like you we couldn't afford to keep the S/B and have Jenny too so we decided to take this adventure. So far it's been half the cost of the S/B to pay for and maintain so that allows us to double the payments and get rid of that debt much sooner. Hope to be free in five years. When that happens their will be a party on the rainbow for sure!

Like you and Marcia, Barb and I want to wish all our mutant family a most blessed holiday season and a Merry Christmas from our magic carpet to yours. Indeed 2013 has been a year to .remember. Later on when we're all old and grey we will look back on this year of the Mutant Uprising and say" I was there at the beginning." (Oh crap....we are old and grey already!) ....Especially Father Time aka Wayne!
Hey Herb !!!

Yeah the fridge was pretty major, but when you consider the cooling unit was 13 years old, suppose it was just a matter of time. But that in no way diminishes the fact that we really love our magic carpet, there are lots of things we dont have and we dont miss them either, in fact we had an ice maker that we werent using so I ripped that out and got rid of it .... .... good luck with that door, we have two of those pocket doors, and I have yet to figure them out, thankfully we arent having any trouble with them.

And Dwizie you have an extra bonus, y'all are toading a Jeep !!!!!

Cheers !!!
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #8600

Ptjeep..... Not only toading it. It is my full time vehicle... Traded in my toyota solaura convertible for it... LOVE MY JEEP, even tho it is basic, no lectric windows, or locks.... Lol but it is automatic... DH drives the real car, a crossover.. But then he was a city boy...
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #8601
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Hello and Welcome to you Diane and Larry,

I am happy to read that you both will be attending the GC@CL . I dont know if the rest of the mutants snore or not, but if need be I suppose we could get a group discount on earplugs. The only problem with that is that it could hinder said mutants from the call of BACON in the morning, and that just wouldnt do at all.

Cheers !!!
Okay! Education lesson in the wind. The earplugs go in the ear, not the nose. Bacon smell can only be 'heard' when standing close by the griddle.

Quote:
Wayne, Do you SNORE that loud? My hubby says i can scare a bear with mine... And since he is retired military maybe you can have some common ground...... But Texas and Arkansas are neighbors too.....
Ah! The CPAP takes care of the snoring, however there are other soun........never mind.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #8602

Quote:
Ptjeep..... Not only toading it. It is my full time vehicle... Traded in my toyota solaura convertible for it... LOVE MY JEEP, even tho it is basic, no lectric windows, or locks.... Lol but it is automatic... DH drives the real car, a crossover.. But then he was a city boy...

Yup Yup, its our full time toad and everyday driver as well, and junior magic carpet ride, geocaching pack animal as well, and the 4-door version just in case we can find some friends that wish to go along. And if you ask Campdaven he can attest to the fact that is climbs medium sized rocks pretty good.

Cheers !!!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #8603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Okay! Education lesson in the wind. The earplugs go in the ear, not the nose. Bacon smell can only be 'heard' when standing close by the griddle.

Ah! The CPAP takes care of the snoring, however there are other soun........never mind.

Ermmmm Wayne,

Are you sleeping with the windows open or closed, cause I have yet to figure out how you are going to smell bacon cooking if y'all are all sealed up, Therefor a call to come and get the bacon may be hard to hear.

Cheers !!!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #8604

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Ermmmm Wayne,

Are you sleeping with the windows open or closed, cause I have yet to figure out how you are going to smell bacon cooking if y'all are all sealed up, Therefor a call to come and get the bacon may be hard to hear.

Cheers !!!
Got it under control, I'll come door to door letting everyone know when there's Bacon ̶l̶e̶f̶t̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ uh ready. All you need to do is just set tight, yeah that's the ticket, just wait on the door knock. Heeheehee.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #8605

Red face Rope lights

Today i bought the cutest pink rope light i have ever seen... It either stays on or blinks..... But it us a 5' leash for my fur baby. Cute, cute, cute....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #8606

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Marty - are these your ducks wassailing around?
My Cousins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
This is grand, Enokie!
You are RVM65 with all rights and privledges!!!!

Just wondering. Got rope lights?

Welcome to RVMdom! Grab a hunk of rainbow.
Welcome Enokie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Wayne, I promise I'm not picking on ya. That other thread just reminded me to explain this to the group.

OK y'all. Those of you who have a S&B probably have unlimited data plan and have the luxury of looking at all the pics you want and watching videos all day. Most of us who cut that string have 1 disadvantage. Data is expensive over our wireless devices.

This is what I have and am stuck with for at least 13 more months. Next year at this time I'll be asking for recommendations, but for now it won't do many any good. I'm locked in and I'm hoping someone brings back unlimited data by then. Yeah, fat chance!

I pay a minimum of $50/mo for up to 5 gigabytes of data and I pay for it both ways, in and out. If I go 1 byte over I get charged $10 and $10 for every extra gig or part of one after that. NO rollover.

I tell you this in hopes that y'all will try to provide alternatives or at least descriptions when you post links to large files like videos. I don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to become Verizon's major contributor.

Posting pictures on IRV2 is not an issue because they downsize them, as they get to archive them for a long time. Please do not post a bunch of pictures in a private email to any of us full timers without checking with us first. Also, please be careful on the Yahoo email list. I suspect they downsize, but I have yet to confirm that.

I also happen to be way out in the boonies, backed up to a 500 ft tall cliff inside an RV garage with the door down after dark. Translation -- s...l...o...w... speed

I apologize to you tech heads if I have used the wrong words, but I hope everyone gets the gist of what I'm asking.

Besides this one single issue, full timing is heavenly.

Luv you all! Even Wayne.
I think unlimited plans are a thing of the past, at least for a while. With the proliferation of video streaming (and canceling of sat and cable tv services), it was an expected reaction. I was just informed today that Sprint had purchased Clear, and Clear was no longer selling unlimited wifi internet access. I wonder how long before us existing customers last.

Quote:
Today i bought the cutest pink rope light i have ever seen... It either stays on or blinks..... But it us a 5' leash for my fur baby. Cute, cute, cute....
Bling baby, gotta have that Bling!

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #8607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post

I think unlimited plans are a thing of the past, at least for a while. With the proliferation of video streaming (and canceling of sat and cable tv services), it was an expected reaction. I was just informed today that Sprint had purchased Clear, and Clear was no longer selling unlimited wifi internet access. I wonder how long before us existing customers last.
I call it Corporate Greed.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #8608

Hi every one!!!! feeling a little better.
I need the jeep people to chime in. I'm hopefully trading for a 81 cj7 jeep with a inline 6 and a auto trans now it needs a carb a top and fender flairs and paint. but I'm trading a 87 mazda b 2000 that I only have $600 in. now I will do all the work thinking of putting a webber carb and for paint Rino line the whole thing not shore about the top seeing they are not cheap. fender fairs are easy fix so no big deal there.
so any input on things to do upgrades or anything to look for.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #8609

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dwayne, you better hurry and get well or else Shara may want to trade you in. Glad you're better, tho -- but I don't have to put up with your grumpiness when you're sick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #8610

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dwayne, you better hurry and get well or else Shara may want to trade you in. Glad you're better, tho -- but I don't have to put up with your grumpiness when you're sick
she is sick too.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote