Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #9171

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Earlene will fly with you. She has wanted to do a zip-line for the past couple years. Must be a second childhood thing. Me, I'll stay on the ground and take pictures with the other sane people.

I posted a link. Have Earlene look at it and we'll get our heads together and decide which day we wanna go. Oh Mr schedule maker, which weekday would work best to go flying thru the trees?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2014, 06:32 PM   #9172

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

We still need a bit of control now and then, hence the spouses. ;-)
And then there are some of us who don't need spousal supervision. Maybe it's just a girl thang.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-01-2014, 06:35 PM   #9173

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
What's the record for number of posts in a thread?
I'm pretty sure we are the trendsetters in this department.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #9174

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And then there are some of us who don't need spousal supervision. Maybe it's just a girl thang.
Barb, ya know, ya dont hafta be right all of the time! ......however.......

A ponder has come to me that those thinking they dont need spousal supervision are often supervised....er....governed by one or more loving but time-consuming critters.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #9175

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky
Earlene will fly with you. She has wanted to do a zip-line for the past couple years. Must be a second childhood thing. Me, I'll stay on the ground and take pictures with the other sane people.

I posted a link. Have Earlene look at it and we'll get our heads together and decide which day we wanna go. Oh Mr schedule maker, which weekday would work best to go flying thru the trees?
I will put the temps on the schedule when they get back in the office. They did a cross-tab of the Itinerary Builder forms the other day and had some difficulty with the data. We are an August group for sure because there is interest in doing Everything - scheduled events like The Fish Fry - the Mardi Gras Party - the Bacon Challenge - etc - and more things thrown in - Flap Jacks - plus - Sishi Night - Hot Springs - Jeepin - and Sessions and now Zippin - and such. Not to fear - I will get the Temps on track and get something on the website soon.

Now I have a question - I believe the quiet hours start at 10 - so any evening events will need to wind down at 9:30 pm for cleanup. Given that many seem to turn in at 9 (LOL) will we need to have nap time scheduled daily as well? Or - will the excitement of the GC gives us all extra waking hours and energy? I sure hope so - cause I like a nap every now and then myself...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #9176

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powellrv View Post
I can see Sena running up and the line, counting Mutants. LOL
Running the line? piece of cake! Counting? well, we're working on that. She gets to two easily and then gets distracted. It goes like this in her mind. "I am the one and I'm hungry. You are the two and you are supposed to put down that iPad and unlock the cabinet with the food in it and give me some NOW! or else I'll be forced to start throwing my toys on the floor. Ahh, I am the one who gets to eat now." All else is forgotten.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #9177

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
A ponder has come to me that those thinking they dont need spousal supervision are often supervised....er....governed by one or more loving but time-consuming critters.
Governed, supervised, shackled, committed, need to be committed ... take your pick... They all apply.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #9178

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I agree. Just read it and thought it was worthy of some reflection given it being a new year.
Wonderful piece! Certainly rings with a powerful truth and that in itself is quite sad. I do however believe many are desperately trying to 'go back' to the simpler times when excess was not necessary to prove your worth, and a handshake on a deal was testament to your word and that word upheld your character, and that was all you had and that could never be sullied in any way... your shame would be unbearable ....
Too bad we threw out the baby with the bathwater in many instances... some of us still live by this code, and hope to instill it in the young.

Thank you so much for this 'reminder' of how we as a society have gone astray in many ways and for giving us things to 'ponder' as we travel the Rainbow.

I think we RVMers are just trying in our own way to return to smaller homes and bigger hearts, where love and laughter are more plentiful than seats to sit on and no one minds at all because we welcome everyone and mean it!

Happy travels and all the best in the coming year...
Old 01-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #9179

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
scheduled events like The Fish Fry - the Mardi Gras Party - the Bacon Challenge - etc - and more things thrown in - Flap Jacks - plus - Sishi Night - Hot Springs - Jeepin - and Sessions and now Zippin - and such. ...
Well, pilgrum.....As long as we have the wagons in a circle and the GC@CL Mutational Opening Ceremony, replete with kimono and associated long-awaited opening and amazing revelation....the rest will come along in the schedule somewhere....
Old 01-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #9180

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Walmart seemed to go on forever...
Yes, but that thread was like a VCR on a continuous loop. Every 100 posts it just repeated the same information because no one bothered to read thru the whole thread.

We are, at the very least -- fresh, exciting and entertaining. Aren't we? or is that the other RV group I'm thinking about?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #9181

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave, what color is you Kimono? Should the rest of us plan to coordinate our wardrobe for the evening's festivities?

It would appear that I have finally found enough ketchup between fog banks this evening. My apologies for the long string of posts. I've had trouble getting enough signal to read all your musings and ponderings today. VERY frustrating, for sure. I miss my daily dose of RVM wisdom.

OOOPS, I hear another foghorn, darn it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #9182
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enokie View Post
Wonderful piece! Certainly rings with a powerful truth and that in itself is quite sad. I do however believe many are desperately trying to 'go back' to the simpler times when excess was not necessary to prove your worth, and a handshake on a deal was testament to your word and that word upheld your character, and that was all you had and that could never be sullied in any way... your shame would be unbearable .... Too bad we threw out the baby with the bathwater in many instances... some of us still live by this code, and hope to instill it in the young. Thank you so much for this 'reminder' of how we as a society have gone astray in many ways and for giving us things to 'ponder' as we travel the Rainbow. I think we RVMers are just trying in our own way to return to smaller homes and bigger hearts, where love and laughter are more plentiful than seats to sit on and no one minds at all because we welcome everyone and mean it! Happy travels and all the best in the coming year...
Thank you, you are welcome and I agree!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #9183

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave, what color is you Kimono? Should the rest of us plan to coordinate our wardrobe for the evening's festivities?
The kimono is an RVM enigma.
As is what it conceals.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #9184

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamtns View Post
Sue, angel crust is totally gluten free - egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar (optional) and finely chopped pecans if making a pie that would be good with nuts. It's really a meringue, just baked at low temp until crunchy. If I had Meyer lemons, I would be making lemon curd. It's good as a cake filling, pie (see above) and is delicious on scones with clotted cream. I had a Meyer lemon tree when we lived in Los Angeles many years ago. Our neighbors had an avocado tree. We traded - they wanted lemons for tequila drinking and I wanted avocados for guacamole eating. Everybody wins!
Wish I'd known about angel crust sooner! I love meringue in any form, including raw. Meringue cookies, Pavlova, pie meringue....Mmmmm,

Next thing is that I need to cut out (or at least way back) on sugar, so am wondering how Stevia, Truvia, etc. would affect the resulting meringue. I do hate wasting good egg whites on a failure, but I do have 4 left over from making a custard sauce, so could give it a try.

I'm just beginning on the path to gluten free and very low carb intake, so have a lot to learn about allowed ingredients and how they behave and interact. It's a worthwhile path if it will help with the aging brain, arthritis and weight control, but that doesn't mean it is easy to unlearn old habits and learn new tricks. Old dogs, you know....can learn new tricks, but it takes longer!

That's a very good trade to be able to make: lemons for avocados. Bartering seems to be almost lost these days. Too bad I can't pay my doctor in spring asparagus!

Cheers!
Sue