Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #9787

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve did they test you for MERSA? I had to go get swabbed today to test to see if I'm a carrier. The hospital up here won't admit you unless you have been tested. If you have it you are put into isolation and given different antibiotics, so they say. I think it's all just a plot. They must all be wearing hats like Possum's.

So is Annie going to spring you from your nut ward in time for the GC?
Barb, That is actually a smart move for a hospital!

My mom contracted that stuff in her hip socket after her 2nd hip replacement surgery, eventually ending up with no hip at all in there as they had to remove the prosthetic and by the time they had it all figured out what her matter was, it had eaten away at the thin socket area and they couldn't stick another in there. ( she had MS and never was a good candidate for replacement anyway, should have been pinned when she broke it)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #9788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Yes same buyer. Brought his Sister & BIL by to see it last SaT. Also got a call from another potential who looked at it last month, and wants to come back over (lives in Jacksonville), with Captain friend next week. Asked how long we would need to move off! Also lots of interest in our website (dualdreams.wordpress.com). Take a look. Give you something to read till they kick you out of hospital!! Get better buddy, we STMs need your guidance.
Hi Mike !!!

Its good to read that you may be closer to selling the boat and getting your wheels, its even better to read that you have potentially two interested buyers also. we will keep our fingers crossed for successful negotiations. I hope you find a suitable rolling home at the RV show as well.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #9789

Thanks Jeff were hopeful. When at the car auction, look for the Southern Pride Smoker display. The make commercial units but also two wheel pull-behind tailgater units. The best smoked anything I've ever had. Owned by a very good friend. If there should be Jared/Heather (son and DIL) or owner Mike. Tell I sent you. Might get a free sandwich out of them!! /;-)
Mike_Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #9790

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Quack. Quack, quack.

I'm sure your DWs restaurant has grits on the menu. While never a big fan, I would give hers a try for sure.

When I hear grits - I always think of Joe Psssci in My Cousin Vinny.

"Vinny Gambini: Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than anywhere else on the face of the earth?!!"

A very funny movie methinks.
Wonderfully funny movie I must agree! Also, properly prepared grits is much better for you than fried potatoes...as much as I may love them also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
I loved that movie. Haven't seen it years. I learned to make grits the real way, no instant packaged stuff for my first husband. Grits were served with butter and salt and pepper on the side of eggs. Have not cooked them in over 35 years and do not intend to do so in another 35 years. I eat them if served but don't go out of my way to get them. Okra is different, don't like, don't eat, don't cook 'em either. Also don't like beets, or disgusting canned spinach.
Steve, your meals don't look too awful. The last time I was in hospital you had to order your meals from menu. And you only got exactly what you ordered. And you could eat anytime.
Agreed! No OCRA! Also, the last time I was in the hospital, they had a menu also, but when I called and ordered I always got the "no you can't have that" until it boiled down to the two things I could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve did they test you for MERSA? I had to go get swabbed today to test to see if I'm a carrier. The hospital up here won't admit you unless you have been tested. If you have it you are put into isolation and given different antibiotics, so they say. I think it's all just a plot. They must all be wearing hats like Possum's.

So is Annie going to spring you from your nut ward in time for the GC?
Was test for MRSA when I went into the EM room, next thing I knew I was personal not gratis...thought I was in a remake of ET. Then then next day/afternoon, I was given the 'oops' sorry. We redid the tests and you aren't positive for MRSA. I did get my own room awful fast though...

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #9791

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dateline 1/15/14 - RVM2 Breaks the Bank - Vegas Odds Makers Back on Heels - Bookmakers Reel.

RVM2 beat the odds makers today and will be released from hospital this afternoon. Dr is keeping him off work for 2 weeks and has placed him on the no fly list for a month or more. Film at 11.

In related news - Annie spoke to her doctor and the consensus is she is having symptoms from Tamilflu and a little stress from dealing with a wimpy DH.

-----------
Thanks mutants - I'm beginning to see the GC @ CL in my mutant minds eye again!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #9792

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Harriet View Post
Glad you're getting better Steve! I'm behind on pages, so hope this not redundant. As a person with relatives in Medicine, FLUSHOT!!! Also graduated in '66', Navy in '69', shots for every known disease I think. Was in Sub's, and illness wasn't allowed (captains orders). The shots, as all things in life have neg and pos issues.

PS: Getting much closer to RVdom. Serious buyer for boat, going to Tampa show this Fri. Think good thoughts!!
Great news for you and the rainbow riders are now about to rejoice in your honour.

Quote:
Dateline 1/15/14 - RVM2 Breaks the Bank - Vegas Odds Makers Back on Heels - Bookmakers Reel.

RVM2 beat the odds makers today and will be released from hospital this afternoon. Dr is keeping him off work for 2 weeks and has placed him on the no fly list list for a month or more. Film at 11.

In related news - Annie spoke to her doctor and the consensus is she is having symptoms from Tamilflu and a little stress from dealing with a wimpy DH.

-----------
Congratulations Steve. It's always good to find they are kicking you out of a hospital still on the green side.

Serious Ponder time for you; If these guys had RVs would they make it to mutant. Carmen de Bizet par ZIC ZAZOU pour la Grande Battle - YouTube
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #9793

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Serious Ponder time for you; If these guys had RVs would they make it to mutant. Carmen de Bizet par ZIC ZAZOU pour la Grande Battle - YouTube
I think that's the RV techs at the local camping world! Now I know why it takes so long in the service department!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #9794

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Carmen, at an RV service department? Surely you jest.

I know you want me to quit calling you Shirley
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #9795

Hey Mutants !!

Here we are at Barrett Jackson and who shows up .....ELVIS ...... he's in the building

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140115_124014.png
Views:	95
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	53903
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #9796

Quote:

RVM2 beat the odds makers today and will be released from hospital this afternoon. Dr is keeping him off work for 2 weeks and has placed him on the no fly list for a month or more. Film at 11.

-----------
hope you both feel better soon

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #9797
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

-----------
So more malingering.

You'll just do anything to reduce those days you have to w@#k before retiring, eh?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #9798
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dang! I had to go back and pick up some that I missed. I leave for 4 hours, come back and there are 5 pages. Sheesh!

QUOTE=HerbnBarb;1883562]Hey Dave and Carol welcome to our corner of the rainbow. I graduated in 66 as well so welcome #66 from #31.

Yes Wayne I actually did graduate before you comment.
[..][/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to say anything Herb, but, i have met you and even though I took a liking to you I have to ask, are you sure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
I hope this day finds our fearless leader in better health.
What is up with this website? Seems like often lately that I can't gain entrance. Then when I do the settings are not where I had them. Just that I am so easily confused, I think it is my new laptop playing tricks, but every where else is still like I left it. It just has to be IRV2 playing pranks on me. Or am I the only one this is happening to?
Should I be paranoid?
It's all in how you hold your mouth when moving the cursor. Try this :-()

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
hope you both feel better soon
Yeah Steve, and sooner.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #9799

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

-----------

CONGRATULATION on the Grand Escape from the Hospital.
Glad you got away and will have some time off to catch up on your rest.

Welcome back to Mutientville Main St.

Best Wishes,
RVM20
Old 01-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #9800

Fleetwood Owners Club
#66 welcome, and I did not graduate in 66' I was 5, and I have been known to imbelish the truth on occasion!