Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #9843

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH
.....So very pleased to see Steve is again able to post without crying. Poor guy was really sick.
Waaah! Waaah!
I may be outta the woods but I can see the trees and smell the balsam!

But you are certainly right Judy. It is good to be able to breath! It's frustrating to be hacking up fur balls and feeling like I was run over by a steam roller, but so much better than that feeling of not being able to catch my breath. Don't remember if I had mentioned this or not - but before going to the hospital I had to go outside into the cold air to actually catch my breath. The warm air inside just wasn't getting through to my brain or whatever. I guess that's what a panic attack feels like.

Waaah!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2014, 09:53 AM   #9844

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Prime

We've been on Prime for several months. IMHO Netflix has more and better movies. And with Prime you have to watch out for movies and shows that are Pay Per View. Some movies are as much as 11.99 to watch. Netflix does not do that, If you can see it - you can see it. Netflix is under $10 a month. We currently have both.

Prime has a better video delivery system, better compression, and usually clearer videos. Netflix has a better user interface.

I would not recommend using either via 4G. Sure eats up a big chunk of bandwidth to watch a single HD movie. Do it via free wifi in a CG and your neighbors will all hate you. Or you may find that it's blocked by a local wifi network policy.

I get free books from Amazon through Hundred Zeros - Download Free Books Some of them are stinkers, but not many. Also eBooks from my local library via Overdrive Media Console. But when I want the latest Koontz, King, or Scalzi I usually have to pay for them!

I have a backlog of several dozen books pre-loaded into my iPad. We're heading for Quartzite Saturday and from there we're not sure. Pismo, Morrow Bay, Monterey, Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Havasu, somewhere quiet but fun! (that kinda rules out Pismo and Havasu don't it?)

The DW starts her radiation treatments in early February and we'll be pinned at home for about a month. But she's happy 'cause she doesn't have to go through chemo.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #9845

Tiffin Owners Club
Dh's name

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyH View Post
You are funny, I thought people caught MRSA in hospitals. Not that patients brought it in. Glad to see Steve is full of wit once again.
Where is everyone today? This has to be the fewest posts on a day in a long time.
I just noticed that Judy has added her spouses name so he is no longer DH.

Thank you.
TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #9846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
We've been on Prime for several months. IMHO Netflix has more and better movies. And with Prime you have to watch out for movies and shows that are Pay Per View. Some movies are as much as 11.99 to watch. Netflix does not do that, If you can see it - you can see it. Netflix is under $10 a month. We currently have both.

Prime has a better video delivery system, better compression, and usually clearer videos. Netflix has a better user interface.

I would not recommend using either via 4G. Sure eats up a big chunk of bandwidth to watch a single HD movie. Do it via free wifi in a CG and your neighbors will all hate you. Or you may find that it's blocked by a local wifi network policy.

I get free books from Amazon through Hundred Zeros - Download Free Books Some of them are stinkers, but not many. Also eBooks from my local library via Overdrive Media Console. But when I want the latest Koontz, King, or Scalzi I usually have to pay for them!

I have a backlog of several dozen books pre-loaded into my iPad. We're heading for Quartzite Saturday and from there we're not sure. Pismo, Morrow Bay, Monterey, Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Havasu, somewhere quiet but fun! (that kinda rules out Pismo and Havasu don't it?)

The DW starts her radiation treatments in early February and we'll be pinned at home for about a month. But she's happy 'cause she doesn't have to go through chemo.

Hey Paws !!

We will be heading to Quartzsite next Wednesday and will be there 3 or 4 days and then off for a couple and then back for another 2 or 3 days. It all depends on how much buying I do and how many Jeep trails I can find.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #9847

iRV2 No Limits Club
Words of wisdom:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cowboy toomstone 2.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	54072  
Old 01-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #9848

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme
Words of wisdom:
Uh oh... And that's when the fight started.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #9849

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hmmm...was gonna bite on that but decided I need a fancier jig if I'm gonna hit it.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #9850

Vintage RV Owners Club
KSCrude.... where be you? You be well? Miss you!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #9851

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So I thought I would share this picture with my mutant family - my daughter Meredith - 5 years old - in our brand new 1991 Airstream B Van. Can you guess who ruled that mobile roost?
Attachment 53993
She's probably still in charge..

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #9852

Quote:
My DH is not interested in the RVMdom, but I do speak of it to him and hopefully he will warm up to this.
Barb, I am pondering joining the Prime status on Amazon. Are you a prime member? What do you think of it? I am interested in the shipping for free and the lending library.
Judy;

I am a prime member and have been quite happy with it. I use it with my Kindle Fire. The lending library is good, but you only get one book a month.. so if you read fast . However I have used the free shipping, again, all items are not available for prime shipping (private vendors mostly using Amazon will charge). However between the shipping, movie and tv series you can watch, and lots of free or very cheap books, you can't beat it. Also, if you have a Kindle, they offer "Kindle Bargins"; picked up a new Kurieg Coffee machine for $20.00 that way, no shipping costs. I also like the ability to pay annually and not monthly. If you have any questions..ask

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #9853

Quote:
I thank you all for the prompt replies about Prime, I think it is something I will join once we get settled somewhere and I find out if we get internet with unlimited use. Thanks to Barb for reminding me of that.
I have a list of free download sites where I get emails with free book offers daily. But sometimes I like to read the latest from a favorite author. My library lets me "borrow" these for 2 weeks online, but in case we should move someplace without a digital library, I am looking for options.
So very pleased to see Steve is again able to post without crying. Poor guy was really sick.
With Prime and a Kindle or Amazon software, you can download your ebooks to your device so you don't need an internet connection to read them. Only when you want to download more. The only thing I found that uses lots of bandwidth is the movies, books are pretty small.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #9854

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Duck, how goes? Some of the Temps that have cycled through RVM Central have been pretty good. If you'd like maybe we can arrange to have them fill in at the restaurant so you guys can make the GC @ CL. They really are quite trainable and we'd love to have ya join us.

Did ya hear - some mutants will be doing zip lines while others are kayaking and I will be sipping libations. It's going to be one for the record books.

RVM2

PS - today's agenda was - Nap a few hours. Eat. Watch a little TV. Rinse and repeat. This sounds better than it is - unless of course you are Wayne - and then it's just another day....
Old 01-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #9855

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quartzite

We'll be there by football time Sunday. I wanted to be out in the boondocking zone but all the DWs in our group vetoed that. Sissies!

We'll be at Park Place. I'm told it's fairly close to the RV show and flea market. I have a list of things I'm looking for..... Filters, Weldex color camera, dicor. Of course if we do something crazy like buy a new coach(Not likely) I won't need any it.

We should have a nano-curiosity!
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #9856

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws
We'll be there by football time Sunday. I wanted to be out in the boondocking zone but all the DWs in our group vetoed that. Sissies!

We'll be at Park Place. I'm told it's fairly close to the RV show and flea market. I have a list of things I'm looking for..... Filters, Weldex color camera, dicor. Of course if we do something crazy like buy a new coach(Not likely) I won't need any it.

We should have a nano-curiosity!
Meant to say so earlier today - great to hear from ya! I sometimes think when mutants drop off for a while that big plans are in the offing - like.... Headed for Quartzite - or look at the beach we woke up in front of today. Glad I was right in this case!

Have you and DW on the Ommmm list. Keep us apprised of any mini / nano / or subscript curiosities that may spontaneously commence. And have a ton of fun!
RVM2