Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 05:27 PM   #9941

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Pacific NW Summer Midi Curiosity

I just realized how fast time is flying. If we're going to plan a midi curiosity in the Pacific NW for this summer we need to start nailing down a location and making reservations. The summer season is short up here.

If you can or will be in NW Washington State in July or August-early Sept and are interested in some RVM fun times please go to the RVM email list and leave details about your availability. If you're not on the email list PM me and we'll fix that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #9942

Vintage RV Owners Club
WEll, I went to the RV show and apparenty it is put on by the good folks of Good Sam and Camping world with several local RV sellers included. Looked in all of the short C type RVs and a couple of toy haulers... the ones I could find were 5th wheelers and looked like they needed a massive truck to pull them. There were duck races, that was fun to watch... kind of wish I had brought a duck or 2 of mine to see how they would fair against the competition...LOL!

Got to talk to 2 local RV repair places and one pretty much said what everyone here has been telling me about the roof. The other said he uses mineral spirits to help clear the gunk off roofs and also suggested replacing the channeled joints on top with a straight piece. He didn't use etrnabond though, and I think that would be better with the flat seam joining piece with the counter sunk holes and a dab of dicor on them...but what do I know? LOL! I think flat would look better and provided a little less wind resistance rather than a bump up there on the leading edge and around the top sides which also might hold more water on top...They did give good tips. One place hubby inquired about how much it would cost to do our roof said about 800 bucks and I'm thinking that is quite a bit if we can do the labor ourselves! If I can get DS to keep working on it, he is a perfectionist and will do a right nice job! I did like some of the layouts of the shorter C types and some I didn't care as much for. But, I'm happy with my honey for now... if i could get my size down a bit, It'd be easier to turn around in there and I'd be a bit happier with her/me!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #9943

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Roof work

I've done a couple of roofs but this time I thought I wanted to pay someone else to do it. Then I got a 'rough estimate' of anywhere between 800 and 1100 bucks.

I decided to do it myself. Unless someone in Quartzite gives me a reasonable price........
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #9944

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We watched the Great Peyton play this afternoon, the conclusion was exciting, and we just need to watch him win one more game this year. GO BRONCOS!
But I thought there would be more posting done today, maybe my guess of 10,000 at 2:30 pm tomorrow is wrong.As it may take an extra day to get there. Just can't figure how many mutants are going to drop by on any given day.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #9945

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ Marty - you crack me up.... Hey hon, grab a couple ducks we're going to the RV show!

As for losing weight - that's always a good plan for me - not so much for wispy Annie. And the $800 sounds right - given the bulk of it is probably measured in sweat. If you can squeeze that much sweat from a talented and willing super son -

I bet your ducks would have won!
RVM2
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #9946

Tiffin Owners Club
Roof repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
I've done a couple of roofs but this time I thought I wanted to pay someone else to do it. Then I got a 'rough estimate' of anywhere between 800 and 1100 bucks.

I decided to do it myself. Unless someone in Quartzite gives me a reasonable price........
When we got bids on ours year before last the were running from $4,500 - $8,000 so $1,100 is cheap. If I had to do another one I think I might get a college kid to help and do it myself.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #9947

Y'all are crackin me up. Just what I need.

What could be better than sense, nonsense, sensibility, mobility, hilarity, jocularity, and a duck race?

Gotta love them SDMs!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:22 PM   #9948

Fleetwood Owners Club
6x{365-[12^2.3]+[72xY]=#}~€x_10000/12=¥. Well that was simple, I just figured out when 10000 gets here, it's the next post after 9999. I knew taking that remedial math a second time would pay off.

Back to the game, fell asleep and had dreams of Rubicon dancing in my head.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:25 PM   #9949

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Jeff - just curious. Does Theodore help with the prep? We couldn't get by without Sparky's help and support! Haven't seen any posts of him enjoying the sites. He's still with you isn't he?
Hi Steve !!!

Buddy I am so glad to read that you are doing better !!! Theodore is a tad bit lazy he watches Marcia and I do all the work but I am trying to teach him bartending duties, he is failing at that as well but he has mastered mixing duties with his tail, and he has learned how to mix salty dogs so we are doing very well. Keep on getting better .....

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:34 PM   #9950

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
^^^ thanks Jeff - the yoyo bed is working. Long sleep - shot time up - short sleep. Rinse and repeat. Only 8 more days of steroids and 5 of antibiotics. Just wish there were an energy pill. My battery runs down faster than iPhone reading the RV Mutant thread.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #9951

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY

When we got bids on ours year before last the were running from $4,500 - $8,000 so $1,100 is cheap. If I had to do another one I think I might get a college kid to help and do it myself.

So waz up with coach? Inquiring mutants want to know?? Crank no start... Hmmm.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #9952

Quote:
^^^ thanks Jeff - the yoyo bed is working. Long sleep - shot time up - short sleep. Rinse and repeat. Only 8 more days of steroids and 5 of antibiotics. Just wish there were an energy pill. My battery runs down faster than iPhone reading the RV Mutant thread.
Steve,

All I can say is that you will appreciate retirement so much more when you get past all of this. You get up when you want, you stay up as late as you want, and each day is more fresh and new than the day before. Hang in there friend and soon and very soon you will know exactly what I am talking about.

Cheers !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #9953

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Premier labs sell a formula that helps support your adrenals called adrenoven....works great....but rest is most important.... and if you felt better...would you have the discipline to take it slow and easy? I try to cheat my body at every turn....of course it only makes things worse....I am trying to learn not to be a 'hit it at full steam then crash' kind of person...but dang...it's a hard lesson to integrate.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #9954

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I see my 6:30 guess was off by 40 some posts. Might have helped if I would watch TV and know about football playoffs. Oh well, better luck on the next guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote