Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #10109

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEFFY View Post
Barb:
I've seen her picture and she brings to mind the old saying "That's a face that only a mother could love."
Bob, to human eyes that may be true, but check out the link I forwarded to the RVM email list for a somewhat different perspective on that theme.

If you would have seen her when she was a half pound, 2 month old, your resolve would have melted just like mine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 AM   #10110

Tiffin Owners Club
Baseplate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wow grand Poohbah that is be-u-tea-full and me thinks your pushin the envelope. LOL

Now let me vent a minute to my STM family. You all know that Barb and I took a plunge last Nov. and bought a new Jeep Trailhawk and let me say upfront we love it!!! However, I have been patiently waiting on Demco to start production on the baseplate so we can flat tow her behind Jenny. So today I called Demco because they indicated they would begin shipping mid to late Jan. Much to my disgust they told me they were shipping for Jeep Cherokees but only for models without tow hooks. Well guess what folks? Their Engineers have decided they can't make a product for the Trailhawks because there isn't room with the tow hooks supposedly! So I ask ... What if I remove the front tow hooks? Answer still can't make one cause there isn't enough room. Ugggh!!!!! That's why I bought that model vs. the Wrangler platform cause I had a road vehicle for daily driving but off road capabilities like a Rubicon. I am not a fan of dolly towing but I may have no choice....I'm just not understanding this. Soooo I'm calling Jeep tomorrow to see what they have to say bout this....and if I don't get a more favorable response this STM is gonna put some Texas sized comments about their design flaw.

There now I feel a little better anyway!

31 Out
Herb:

You're a TEXAN - shouldn't take a welding shop any more then 2 - 3 days to custom make one for you. That's what I'd do.

TEFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:13 AM   #10111

Tiffin Owners Club
Barb:

I see that your still here and I started to call you and then I looked at the clock. My making a phone call at 1:10 AM would have my mother ROLLING over in her grave. She said that the cutoff time is 9:00 PM. I will call you tomorrow, I promise. What time is best for you? Give it to me in PST. It just dawned on me that sometimes I don't clock out and you may do the same thing.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:37 AM   #10112

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Wow grand Poohbah that is be-u-tea-full and me thinks your pushin the envelope. LOL

Now let me vent a minute to my STM family. You all know that Barb and I took a plunge last Nov. and bought a new Jeep Trailhawk and let me say upfront we love it!!! However, I have been patiently waiting on Demco to start production on the baseplate so we can flat tow her behind Jenny. So today I called Demco because they indicated they would begin shipping mid to late Jan. Much to my disgust they told me they were shipping for Jeep Cherokees but only for models without tow hooks. Well guess what folks? Their Engineers have decided they can't make a product for the Trailhawks because there isn't room with the tow hooks supposedly! So I ask ... What if I remove the front tow hooks? Answer still can't make one cause there isn't enough room. Ugggh!!!!! That's why I bought that model vs. the Wrangler platform cause I had a road vehicle for daily driving but off road capabilities like a Rubicon. I am not a fan of dolly towing but I may have no choice....I'm just not understanding this. Soooo I'm calling Jeep tomorrow to see what they have to say bout this....and if I don't get a more favorable response this STM is gonna put some Texas sized comments about their design flaw.

There now I feel a little better anyway!

31 Out
Herb,

I saw a unit that a guy did up with the homemade brackets manufatured in a welding shop to fit in behind the tow hooks using the same holes but the tow hooks just a little lower. He had his connectors below the tow hooks and they just stayed where they were. The interlocking units from his tow bar just worked as designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Hey if it ends up looking like a Beaver we will know that something went askew..

Cheers !!!
Are you trying to make a thinly veiled Canuck Joke?

Quote:
Barb:

I see that your still here and I started to call you and then I looked at the clock. My making a phone call at 1:10 AM would have my mother ROLLING over in her grave. She said that the cutoff time is 9:00 PM. I will call you tomorrow, I promise. What time is best for you? Give it to me in PST. It just dawned on me that sometimes I don't clock out and you may do the same thing.

I'm about 100 miles west northwest of Barb and its only 23:35 (11:35) here now. What timezone is you in??
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:32 AM   #10113

Tiffin Owners Club
Time zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Herb,

I saw a unit that a guy did up with the homemade brackets manufatured in a welding shop to fit in behind the tow hooks using the same holes but the tow hooks just a little lower. He had his connectors below the tow hooks and they just stayed where they were. The interlocking units from his tow bar just worked as designed.

Are you trying to make a thinly veiled Canuck Joke?

I'm about 100 miles west northwest of Barb and its only 23:35 (11:35) here now. What timezone is you in??
God and all of the good people live in the Central Time Zone.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #10114

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Barb:

Hi Bob, I'm a night owl and will often wake up after a few hours sleep and check RVMdom before going back to sleep. Calling me at 1:10 am PST? I'm still awake. By 1:10 CST I'm usually asleep. But, I wouldn't mind if you woke me. I'm retired and can sleep whenever I feel like it. Anytime after noon works great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #10115

Fleetwood Owners Club
From the past few post about time zones, all night posting and those that are up and down due to insomnia I say GOOD MORNING or GOOD EVENING MUTANTS.

Like many of you know, if you don't check the thread fairly regularly you'll fall way behind.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 AM   #10116

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Duck, how goes? Some of the Temps that have cycled through RVM Central have been pretty good. If you'd like maybe we can arrange to have them fill in at the restaurant so you guys can make the GC @ CL. They really are quite trainable and we'd love to have ya join us.

Did ya hear - some mutants will be doing zip lines while others are kayaking and I will be sipping libations. It's going to be one for the record books.

RVM2

PS - today's agenda was - Nap a few hours. Eat. Watch a little TV. Rinse and repeat. This sounds better than it is - unless of course you are Wayne - and then it's just another day....
I would love to make the GC @ GL. It actually looks a little better now than it did last year, but I'm working on it. As far as Zip lines, they rank right up there with Sky Diving; Something I don't want or need to do, however, libations now, that sounds interesting

Glad you are up and about, amazing what a little TV and eats (not to mention napping) will do for you when you are home.. and not being poked and prodded every 2 hours.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #10117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
We'll be there by football time Sunday. I wanted to be out in the boondocking zone but all the DWs in our group vetoed that. Sissies!

We'll be at Park Place. I'm told it's fairly close to the RV show and flea market. I have a list of things I'm looking for..... Filters, Weldex color camera, dicor. Of course if we do something crazy like buy a new coach(Not likely) I won't need any it.

We should have a nano-curiosity!
Park Place? Sounds like that fancy place I used to try and avoid during Monopoly

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #10118

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Just a ponder, if I had a u-haul that would haul a heavy load, would that be a Heavy Haul?

Might pull it with my 88 Rambler!

Jump in guys, this is a friendly bunch, well when their awake and had bacon!
Actually if I had a U-Haul that mutated into a heavy load I would more likely call it a YOU-Haul.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #10119

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Bob, to human eyes that may be true, but check out the link I forwarded to the RVM email list for a somewhat different perspective on that theme. If you would have seen her when she was a half pound, 2 month old, your resolve would have melted just like mine.
Sena stole my heart just by your description, early on. Later, pics merely sealed the deal up tight. :-)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #10120

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
There is a setting in your User CP that will keep your name from showing in the currently active viewers at the bottom of the page. I guess some people are ashamed to be seen in public and choose to sneak around reading threads undetected.

Personally, I am proud of who I am and find nothing on IRV2 that I wouldn't want everyone to know I'm reading. It's not as if we have threads here that promote illegal or immoral activity. This is the most honest, above board place on the Internet. What is there here that makes anyone feel the need to hide?
Maybe their hiding from their significant other?...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #10121

Vintage RV Owners Club
if you wanted to hide... you just wouldn't log in! Then you'd be a visitor!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #10122
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
God and all of the good people live in the Central Time Zone.

Amen!
===========

Dave,

As a new Mutant father don't you think you should have named the baby "Mutie"

Or, since it doesn't back seat drive, "Mute."
===========

Herb,

I suspect that you have good welding shops in your neck of the woods, but just in case, here is a link to Smitty's RV & Welding Shop in Houston. Park the coach in a campground near us and I'll shuttle you around while the Jitney is being worked on. Do it when we are in town. Leaving sometime second week of Feb for FL - maybe.

I used Smitty's for two baseplate installs (manufactured ones) and they are a full fledged welding shop.

We can sit around waiting, drinking special smoothies.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote